More than one Blue Iris Server on Indigo?

Posted on
Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:07 am
mundmc offline

I have been slacking on rewiring my home security system :cry:

In the meantime, I use Blue Iris to control 4 recording cameras in my shop for my super-budget youtube channel :)

Is there a way for me to use two servers? I.e. one server for home security, the other for my social media pursuits?
I realize I should have asked about this some time ago :oops:

Posted on
Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:02 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: More than one Blue Iris Server on Indigo?

Are you asking to run: 1) multiple blue iris servers, 2) multiple Indigo Blue Iris plugins, 3) multiple Indigo Servers on the same Mac?

For #2 you can generally make a duplicate of a plugin, then edit the Info.plist in the plugin to have both a unique name and plugin ID then the second copy will start up. Whether it will work correctly in such a setup will depend on how the plugin internally works, but it is pretty easy to try if you want to see what happens.

Posted on
Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:40 pm
mundmc offline

Sorry I wasn't clear- I am running two BlueIris servers (two separate machines with two separate accounts), and I would like to control both of them from the plug-in. The plug-in's config/setup seems to only specify one server as an option.

It seems like you are saying I could modify the plug-in to have two separate instances of it running, both connecting to two different servers? That would totally work.

Edit- Matt! A bunch of Reddit nerds were really excited over my indigo implementation of a workshop recording set up on-the-cheap. I am trying to refine the implementation a little bit before I do a build video covering it :)

I'm gonna deliver on the 25 to 34 demographic for indigo users.

Posted on
Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:44 pm
GlennNZ offline

Hi all,

I was going to reply morning my time - but honestly couldn’t remember how I had created it - whether was compatible with multiple servers or not. I think not though…

As Matt said.
Download the latest indigoplugin BlueIris bundle
Get into - with show package contents, change the Info.plist file - the name and plugin ID to something else, avoiding spaces/funky characters
Then double click and you will have 2 BI plugins running independently.

(Note - this approach has also helped someone out with the RFXCOM plugin who had 2 RFXCOM USB devices needed to control )

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:42 am
mundmc offline

Awesome- I will give it a whirl, thanks so much!

Posted on
Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:50 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

mundmc wrote:
Edit- Matt! A bunch of Reddit nerds were really excited over my indigo implementation of a workshop recording set up on-the-cheap. I am trying to refine the implementation a little bit before I do a build video covering it :)

I'm gonna deliver on the 25 to 34 demographic for indigo users.

That would be great! We love new users. 8)

Page 1 of 1