Home App picture update

Posted on
Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:25 am
CliveS offline

Home App picture update

Glenn,

I have just installed BlueIris plugin and integrated it with HKLS.

I am at present using Scrypted (https://www.scrypted.app) but am swapping over to your Bi plugin.

Scrypted refreshes the camera view in the Apple Home app every 10 seconds, can I get Bi to do the same?

Also
On the install I got an error
BlueIris Plugin Error Error in plugin execution UiClosed1:
File "plugin.py", line 206, in closedPrefsConfigUi
type: '>=' not supported between instances of 'str' and 'int'

Also I had to run the
sudo xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine /Library/Application\ Support/Perceptive\ Automation/Indigo\ 2022.2/Plugins but no mention in the install.

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:39 pm
GlennNZ offline

Home App picture update

Hi Clive

1. Config error - there will be a entry somewhere in your Plugin Config that hasn’t been filled out. Blank or string when a number expected, would seem the nature of the error. May be in Config advanced options even…
I’ll double check code as could catch it, but yours is first report and would require update.
Edit: Might be more code issue after py3 update for new install. Should go away after restart?

2. Running xattr - yes that is required, I forget the version of OSX where this became a requirement. It is because I use a binary gifiscle to create animGIF files rather than using PILLLOW or the bigger python libraries. Seemed to scale a bit better when multiple cameras all doing it at same time.

Buried here somewhat…

BlueIris Plugin -FAQ/Troubleshooting
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic? ... source=app

3. Home App showing Camera view.
Well that is up to the Home app, and where it thinks you are. The nature of refresh rate is decided by the Home app, and is either 10 seconds or 60 seconds depending whether it believes you are on local network or not.

The BI plugin doesn’t do much with the Home App, that is managed by HLKS plugin after you publish the cameras with Home app.
Presumably you have done this?

Glenn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1