Animated gif created with zero bytes

Posted on
Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:18 am
300BlkPlinker offline

Animated gif created with zero bytes

Recently installed this Plug-in and love it's capabilities. The one thing I haven't been able to debug is the Animated.gif file is created with zero bytes. There is a tmp folder at the same folder level with 30 image files, 15 files with both .gif and .jpg versions, so it appears that is all working correctly.

I did have one issue with my antivirus (Bitdefender for Mac) in which it was asking every time bash was executed because it was in a Protected File area. I just repointed the BI plugin to go to another folder in my home dir. Same outcome, zero size Animated.gif.

Any ideas what might be going on?

By the way the Blue Iris tuning URL point out in one of the Sticky Posts has been remarkable in bringing CPU % down. Thanks!

Posted on
Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:33 pm
GlennNZ offline

Re: Animated gif created with zero bytes

300BlkPlinker wrote:
Recently installed this Plug-in and love it's capabilities. The one thing I haven't been able to debug is the Animated.gif file is created with zero bytes. There is a tmp folder at the same folder level with 30 image files, 15 files with both .gif and .jpg versions, so it appears that is all working correctly.

I did have one issue with my antivirus (Bitdefender for Mac) in which it was asking every time bash was executed because it was in a Protected File area. I just repointed the BI plugin to go to another folder in my home dir. Same outcome, zero size Animated.gif.

Any ideas what might be going on?

By the way the Blue Iris tuning URL point out in one of the Sticky Posts has been remarkable in bringing CPU % down. Thanks!

Hi

Few questions and possible pointers

What version Mac OSX?
Debug log may show further info.
Those gif and jpg are they zero bytes as well?

Basically the plugin uses a cmd exe called giflossy to create the files. This may cause a security issues I suspect.

For the iMessages app I described adding a exception - here for the indigo clients and the plugin - this may be needed if on new version of OSX
(I'm still on Mojave and having no issues - but do have item as below)

Adding these two and/or the actual giflossy bin from the plugin contents directory may be needed, or again it could be a bifdefender issue for this file..

Let me know how you go

Thanks

Page 1 of 1