Homekit Cameras?

Posted on
Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:51 am
new2me07 offline

Homekit Cameras?

I've added a couple blue iris cameras in home bridge, but they're refreshing only ever 10-20 seconds. Am I missing something? I can't get the experimental rtsp stream to work with any custom blue iris URLs either :-(

Any advise would be highly appreciated.

Also I get this error quite frequently:

BlueIris Plugin Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 1395, in runConcurrentThread
File "plugin.py", line 1288, in downloadMsgs
TypeError: argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable

BlueIris Plugin Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Posted on
Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:48 am
GlennNZ offline

Re: Homekit Cameras?

new2me07 wrote:
I've added a couple blue iris cameras in home bridge, but they're refreshing only ever 10-20 seconds. Am I missing something? I can't get the experimental rtsp stream to work with any custom blue iris URLs either :-(

Any advise would be highly appreciated.

Also I get this error quite frequently:

BlueIris Plugin Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 1395, in runConcurrentThread
File "plugin.py", line 1288, in downloadMsgs
TypeError: argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable

BlueIris Plugin Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Ok
Part 1,
Home Bridge - I did spend a lot of time trying to optimise homebridge with blue iris cameras. Primarily my focus was getting sound working - effectively trial and error for a long time and couldn’t get the right homebridge compatible settings. Got close with a different library for encoding with a new build of ffmpeg. The video alone was fine though - although personally realised wasn’t going to replace to BI iOS app - so did loose interest a bit. Happy to revisit, but first would check homebridge cameras all okay? Seem to recall was a recent issue...
But if not happy to have a relook

Part 2,
Yes, that error message is me - it appears your message log is often empty and I don’t (quietly account for it). Will fix and post update - with a few other changes...

Glenn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:03 pm
new2me07 offline

So the picture updates exactly at 10 seconds... if I'm not messing around with anything, the last error states it'll attempt again in 10 seconds, could they be related? I've checked over every possible setting I can think of. On the camera, on blue iris camera, blue iris general setting, HomeKit server, HomeKit plugin, BI plug in, Homekit on phone and can't seem to fix it.

FWIW, I've got BI virtualized with VMware on my Mac mini, and the external HDD I use for recording powers down about every day randomly. I'm trying to see if I can get that HomeKit secure video stuff working so I can toss this external drive. I'm also in the process of selling my house. Theres also an app that displays HomeKit cameras on Apple TV, which can be automated to a certain extent. If I can get the camera working in HomeKit I can have a taste of my old set up with automatic camera call up (Just no Picture-in-picture... yet) so this is extremely important to me and appreciate everything.

Posted on
Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:24 pm
GlennNZ offline

Homekit Cameras?

new2me07 wrote:
So the picture updates exactly at 10 seconds... if I'm not messing around with anything, the last error states it'll attempt again in 10 seconds, could they be related? I've checked over every possible setting I can think of. On the camera, on blue iris camera, blue iris general setting, HomeKit server, HomeKit plugin, BI plug in, Homekit on phone and can't seem to fix it.

FWIW, I've got BI virtualized with VMware on my Mac mini, and the external HDD I use for recording powers down about every day randomly. I'm trying to see if I can get that HomeKit secure video stuff working so I can toss this external drive. I'm also in the process of selling my house. Theres also an app that displays HomeKit cameras on Apple TV, which can be automated to a certain extent. If I can get the camera working in HomeKit I can have a taste of my old set up with automatic camera call up (Just no Picture-in-picture... yet) so this is extremely important to me and appreciate everything.

Ok.
The HomeKit Camera stuff essentially has very little to do with my blue iris plugin - it just connects directly to the BI stream, in the BI server. My earlier comment was trialing changes within HomeKit camera ffmpeg code a whole ago - mainly for audio.

First things first - what HomeKit are you referring to?
HomeKit Bridge?

I presume you get solid playback from the BI app?

What are you camera settings in HomeKit Bridge when setup?
(this will be most important)

What are you camera models/video stream settings? From the camera IP page - this will be 2nd most important.

& when playing stream what is happening on indigo computer - check systems/tasks/cpu

Glenn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:00 pm
GlennNZ offline

New Version 1.17 - to hopefully fix that error, and adds Broadcast ability for DeepStateAI usage down the track

Glenn

Page 1 of 1