BlueIris version 4.8.4.0 Causing some cosmetic errors

Posted on
Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:17 pm
GlennNZ offline

BlueIris version 4.8.4.0 Causing some cosmetic errors

Hi all,

Just a heads up that latest version of BI causes an occasional Plugin debug error - with a caught exception.

After some trouble shooting it appears there is a BI server error, with some changes it no longer returns correct Json code, so the plugin has an exception at this point.
(missing a comma on the returned json)

Code: Select all
"result":"success","session":"2f320b5d7f0e2e9c7333400660cd00584","data":{"profile":1,"lock":0"pause":0,"push":false,"audio":true,"motion":true,"schedule":false,"ptzcycle":false,"ptzevents":false,"alerts":0,"output":false,"setmotion":{"audio_trigger":true,"audio_sense":10000,"usemask":false,"sense":9550,"contrast":21,"showmotion":0,"shadows":false,"luminance":false,"objects":false,"maketime":10,"breaktime":100},"record":2}}

Hard to spot - but online json validators great! here:
Code: Select all
lock":0"pause":0

I have emailed Ken BI developer and I am sure he will update/fix soon.

It does seem only cosmetic when camconfig actions are run - the action is completed successful, just error on completion.
So probably would still upgrade, but YMMV

Edit: BI developer on to it and should be fixed in next version today ... (if known he would be that quick wouldn’t have posted this!)

Cheers

Glenn

Posted on
Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:21 pm
srkinard offline

Re: BlueIris version 4.8.4.0 Causing some cosmetic errors

Saw this error in my logs today...thanks for the info. I was wondering if the latest BI update had done it since I've made no changes to the Indigo system in weeks.

Thanks!
Ross

Posted on
Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:59 am
GlennNZ offline

srkinard wrote:
Saw this error in my logs today...thanks for the info. I was wondering if the latest BI update had done it since I've made no changes to the Indigo system in weeks.

Thanks!
Ross

Very much the same for me.

Took a bit of locating to find the issue as haven’t looked at code in a while.

Ken the developer of BI was pretty quick and already fixed in 4.8.4.1!

Posted on
Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:49 pm
srkinard offline

I've gotten support a few times from BI and Ken was always really responsive and helpful. One of his team, Jennifer, helped me sort out license issues when I moved the installation to a different server when the first had a failure that rendered me unable to deactivate it. They've been really good with customer service for the 3+ years I've used BI.

Page 1 of 1