BlueIris Indigo Plugin

Posted on
Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:21 pm
new2me07 offline

Re: BlueIris Indigo Plugin

I think AppleScript is going away in the next version of indigo, I know you have a use case using it but will anything internally break?

Posted on
Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:23 pm
GlennNZ offline

new2me07 wrote:
I think AppleScript is going away in the next version of indigo, I know you have a use case using it but will anything internally break?

Only AppleScript the directly targets the Indigo server via tell Indigo server etc
These scripts here for BlueIris are fine and should continue to work
(Some of them use curl to get info from Indigo as needed)

Glenn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:41 pm
GlennNZ offline

Version 0.9.7 Beta

Changes a few network connections aspects around, timeouts all connections if no response/network issues
Seemingly working well for those with dodgy networks/network issues

Give it a whirl... will be updated main branch soon with these options

Glenn

Posted on
Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:10 am
GlennNZ offline

BlueIris Indigo Plugin

Version 0.9.9

Adds a few network friendly features, timeouts in cases of failure and measures times download events for future debugging.

- Add Config Advanced options: ServerTimeOut, Recommend 5, and ImageDownload Timeout - recommend 10
These are default values and if not interested will be set.

Change in Plugin Config Advanced Settings if checkbox enabled - here.

- Change to downloading files to check for timeouts
- Add debug timing of downloading/connection
- Few Debug changes
- Catch Requests Timeouts and ConnectionErrors/Timeouts

Posted on
Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:32 pm
Professor Falken offline

Any idea why, when I move a PTZ camera, I start getting a whole bunch of these errors associated with loading the image from all my cameras?

Code: Select all
load error: HTTP Error 503: Service Unavailable

It's only if I am on a CP with images from the camera. And I get one for each camera displayed in the CP every few seconds until I navigate away from the page where they are displayed. I don't get them if I'm not on an CP with displayed images and move a camera (say, from the native BI controls or if a trigger fires).

The errors start about 5-10 seconds after a camera move. The image updates on the control page lag a little at first, but eventually resume updating.

Posted on
Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:16 pm
GlennNZ offline

Professor Falken wrote:
Any idea why, when I move a PTZ camera, I start getting a whole bunch of these errors associated with loading the image from all my cameras?

load error: HTTP Error 503: Service Unavailable

It's only if I am on a CP with images from the camera. And I get one for each camera displayed in the CP every few seconds until I navigate away from the page where they are displayed. I don't get them if I'm not on an CP with displayed images and move a camera (say, from the native BI controls or if a trigger fires).

The errors start about 5-10 seconds after a camera move. The image updates on the control page lag a little at first, but eventually resume updating.

503 - means service unavailable

Presumably you are maxing out the BlueIris server. Probably more of an issue with PTZ commands - because any PTZ command will trigger the camera given movement and all resulting images etc.

I would double check the refreshing URL settings in control pages - avoid continuous if you can - I have most of mine somewhere between 1-4 seconds.
You can check what is happening at BI end by having a look at the the logged in users - the Control Pages - log in 10's -100's of times.

Glenn

Posted on
Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:11 am
autolog offline

I have set up an action to create clips for all cameras with a setting of 4 hours.
When I run the action and then click on the generated HTML all I am getting is e.g.:
Blue Iris Clips

Camera: Front
and nothing else.

Is there a setting I to set in Blue Iris?

It is detecting motion on the cameras and generating animated GIFs OK. :)

The only other thing I have done is set New to the C: Drive and Stored and Alerts on an external drive V: if that makes any difference?

Posted on
Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:23 am
GlennNZ offline

autolog wrote:
I have set up an action to create clips for all cameras with a setting of 4 hours.
When I run the action and then click on the generated HTML all I am getting is e.g.:
Blue Iris Clips

Camera: Front
and nothing else.

Is there a setting I to set in Blue Iris?

It is detecting motion on the cameras and generating animated GIFs OK. :)

The only other thing I have done is set New to the C: Drive and Stored and Alerts on an external drive V: if that makes any difference?

Sorry must have missed this

What duration have you set?- if to short and no motion alerts during this time won’t be anything to show.

If user doesn’t have clip access - should show error msg about this

Drives I don’t think would be cause as you would get empty boxes without thumbnails on the cliplist HTML.

Probably need to see debug log if duration isn’t the issue.

Glenn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:40 pm
rhanson offline

Umm, the popping sound effect while processing images... can we turn that off? :-)

Posted on
Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:55 pm
Professor Falken offline

It's under general settings in BI-> users->edit user.

uncheck the box for "play a sound on login and logout" for whatever user your Indigo setup is using.

Posted on
Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:38 am
rhanson offline

Lol. I must have had a remote desktop window open at the time and assumed the plug-in was doing it. Thanks!

Posted on
Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:50 pm
srkinard offline

I was posting about image size limits in another thread when Matt & Jay both commented about using refreshing images from security cameras on control pages.

If you are using their Reflector service for control page access, they have to pay for the bandwidth used. On my system I route everything direct to my server using my own domain+DDNS+firewall, so I don't use their bandwidth.

Just wanted to mention it for anyone who has lots of refreshing images on control pages that might use the Reflector service...

Also wanted to thank Glenn for the plugin...BI is much more cost-effective than Security Spy, and I was able to build out a Dell R410 server with dual 6-core 2.4GHz CPUs, 32GB ECC RAM, 10Gb SFP+ network card and high speed RAID storage for a bit under $400. Thanks to eBay....with 17 HD cameras maxing out about 35% CPU at any moment. 25-30% normal use.

Thanks
Ross

Posted on
Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:00 am
Seeker offline

after a few months of using this plugin, i must say it is great. the ability to use my exterior perimeter camera system as a motion sensor for indigo is great.

thanks again for making this.

Posted on
Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:22 am
GlennNZ offline

Seeker wrote:
after a few months of using this plugin, i must say it is great. the ability to use my exterior perimeter camera system as a motion sensor for indigo is great.

thanks again for making this.

Thanks for the feedback!
Glad it is working out for you.
Glen

Posted on
Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:35 am
Professor Falken offline

+1 for the above. This plugin is fantastic.

I love having Indigo change image settings on cameras based on time of day (to deal with blown out images from harsh sun exposure, etc), using the cameras as triggers for outdoor lights, and other scheduled or triggered tasks.

Thanks again for writing it.