BlueIris Indigo Plugin

Posted on
Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:20 pm
Seeker offline

Re: BlueIris Indigo Plugin

i just had some time to play with this again. i upgraded from an early version to version 8. none of the communication seems to be working (profile update, triggers). did i miss another necessary step for the upgrade?

Posted on
Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:21 pm
GlennNZ offline

Seeker wrote:
i just had some time to play with this again. i upgraded from an early version to version 8. none of the communication seems to be working (profile update, triggers). did i miss another necessary step for the upgrade?

Yes
Everything has changed !
The instructions are all updated - but need to change the trigger in BlueIris webalerts to be compatible to the new version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:33 pm
Seeker offline

GlennNZ wrote:
Seeker wrote:

Yes
Everything has changed !
The instructions are all updated - but need to change the trigger in BlueIris webalerts to be compatible to the new version

Ahh, what a difference a week makes. I changed the BI alert settings on a cam, trigger it, get this on indigo side:

Feb 23, 2018 at 6:31:47 PM
WebServer undefined page requested "http://192.168.1.101:8176/Cam6/EXTERNAL/1/True" from 192.168.2.100
WebServer undefined page requested "http://192.168.1.101:8176/Cam6/EXTERNAL/1/True" from 192.168.2.100

Posted on
Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:35 pm
GlennNZ offline

BlueIris Indigo Plugin

The port number is now the plugins port, not Indigo web servers

The plugin creates its own server
Don’t use 8176 - Indigo ones

Plugin default is port 4556

So exchange 8176 for 4556

G

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by GlennNZ on Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:51 pm
Seeker offline

GlennNZ wrote:
The port number is now the plugins port, not Indigo web servers

The plugin creates its own server
Don’t use 8176 - Indigo ones

Plugin default is port 4556

Some exchange 8176 for 4556

Thanks, that seems to work perfectly.

Posted on
Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:32 am
GlennNZ offline

Version 0.8.5

https://github.com/Ghawken/IndigoPlugin ... /tag/0.8.5

This add a new Action group to generate a recent ClipList, with thumbnails for playback of recently recorded files. (! )

This is the only addition but has taken a bit of time. Consider this addition a bit of a test, but if not running this action group - nothing specific has changed.

The new Action Group - Create Cliplist Html for Cameras

Select the Cameras (I do all) and then select the number of hours to go back and display the clips. (in hours)

This will go back the selected hours and for the selected cameras generate a cliplist of recent alerts/videos. The plugin then creates html file/s (stored in IndigoWebServer/static which can be used to display these clips).

Clicking on the clip then opens the video/playback/audio etc.

From within Indigo Touch - in a Control Page use go to external URL and use this URL to navigate here.
This will on my ipad open Safari and display nicely - can play videos by clicking, or just browse the thumbnails, and then click back top left arrow to go back to Touch.

(There is a Cross-Origin Domain issue with Chrome where the images won't show - so for the moment Safari it needs to be.)

eg.
Code: Select all
IndigoIP:IndigoPort/static/CameraName-cliplist.html
eg
192.168.1.6:8176/static/FrontLow-cliplist.html

Try it out!
If I can think of better Indigo Touch integration I'll change.

But I am very pleasantly surprised at how useful this is going to be, as when I start down this cliplist road I wasn't quite sure how it was going to end up useful in Indigo!
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Currently I have this action running every 2 hours generating the cliplists and html files. From within Indigo touch I now have a separate camera screen which pressing on the live camera feed - takes you to this external URL with a list of recent files; simple top left to go back!

I do serve the passwords for both BlueIris and Indigo from within the external URL - but they don't seem to be passed. This means when first taken to the link need to enter password first for Indigo and then for BlueIris. This appears to only happen once as Safari then saves.

Glenn

Posted on
Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:33 am
neilk offline

Hi Glenn,
I cannot believe how much progress and so responsive you have been on this, it really is a fantastic work including your documentation, so once again thanks. One thing I am noticing is that my Blue Iris Server Device stops updating. If I reload it refreshes, but for example it hasn't updated since 15:23 yesterday. I don't yet have a need for it as I have BI Tools with notifications setup "pre-plugin" so no issue for me but I thought I should let you know. It may be one of those difficult issues as I have followed through almost all of your versions and tinkered before that. No log errors or warnings and triggers, gif creation etc are all working fine.
Thanks,
Neil

Posted on
Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:44 am
GlennNZ offline

BlueIris Indigo Plugin

neilk wrote:
Hi Glenn,
I cannot believe how much progress and so responsive you have been on this, it really is a fantastic work including your documentation, so once again thanks. One thing I am noticing is that my Blue Iris Server Device stops updating. If I reload it refreshes, but for example it hasn't updated since 15:23 yesterday. I don't yet have a need for it as I have BI Tools with notifications setup "pre-plugin" so no issue for me but I thought I should let you know. It may be one of those difficult issues as I have followed through almost all of your versions and tinkered before that. No log errors or warnings and triggers, gif creation etc are all working fine.
Thanks,
Neil

Thanks for the feedback!

I’ll have a closer look at that device code - presume there is probably an missed exception happening somewhere in the log when BI is not contactable.... will track it down ....

(the debug log might show something earlier on to cause)

(might in fact be the camlist one Professor Falken reported which is caught at least in 0.8.0 and above)

Posted on
Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:18 am
neilk offline

It could well be that it is to do with lost communication to BI and then not recovering, I was on 8.0 and now upgraded to 8.5 and I may have a something funky going on with my network that I am trying to pin down but it could have also been the connection where I was yesterday.

Neil

Posted on
Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:22 am
CliveS offline

It maybe related to Neil's locking up but if I change a camera setting it closes the camera but does not restart it until I restart.

Code: Select all

24 Feb 2018, 12:00:09
   Trigger                         Blue Iris Front Door Motion       <<Triggers OK

24 Feb 2018, 12:02:55
   BlueIris Plugin                 Stopping device: BlueIris Camera Living_Room  <<<<<Stop Living_Camera via an update to image size

24 Feb 2018, 12:03:11
   Trigger                         Blue Iris Front Door Motion      <<< Front_Door still triggers OK

24 Feb 2018, 12:04:30
   Trigger                         Blue Iris Front Door Motion       <<< Front_Door still triggers OK

24 Feb 2018, 12:07:41
   BlueIris Plugin                 Stopping device: BlueIris Camera Living_Room

24 Feb 2018, 12:07:58
   BlueIris Plugin                 Stopping device: BlueIris Camera Front_Door     <<<< Now I have changed image data and saved, Front_Door Cam stops and I try and trigger but nothing happens

24 Feb 2018, 12:09:52
   Reloading plugin "BlueIris Plugin 0.8.0"
   Stopping plugin "BlueIris Plugin 0.8.0" (pid 50200)
   BlueIris Plugin                 Restarting/or error. Stopping  thread.
   BlueIris Plugin                 Stopping device: Blue Iris Server Device
   BlueIris Plugin                 Stopping device: BlueIris Camera Front_Door
   BlueIris Plugin                 Stopping device: BlueIris Camera Living_Room
   Stopped plugin "BlueIris Plugin 0.8.0"
   Starting plugin "BlueIris Plugin 0.8.0" (pid 54253)
   BlueIris Plugin                 
   BlueIris Plugin                 ================================================ Initializing New Plugin Session =================================================
   BlueIris Plugin                 Plugin name:                   BlueIris Plugin
   BlueIris Plugin                 Plugin version:                0.8.0
   BlueIris Plugin                 Plugin ID:                     com.GlennNZ.indigoplugin.BlueIris
   BlueIris Plugin                 Indigo version:                7.1.1
   BlueIris Plugin                 Python version:                2.7.10 (default, Feb  7 2017, 00:08:15) [GCC 4.2.1 Compatible Apple LLVM 8.0.0 (clang-800.0.34)]
   BlueIris Plugin                 Install Path :                 /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/BlueIris.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin
   BlueIris Plugin                 Path to Gifsicle :             /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/BlueIris.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/gifsicle/1.91/bin/giflossy
   BlueIris Plugin                 ==================================================================================================================================
   Started plugin "BlueIris Plugin 0.8.0"
   BlueIris Plugin                 Http Server Listening on TCP port 4556
   Trigger                         Blue Iris Front Door Motion
   BlueIris Plugin                 BlueIris Update: Update Checking. Your Current version is: 0.8.0
   BlueIris Plugin                 BlueIris: Update Checking. The Github Latest release is: 0.8.5
   BlueIris Plugin                 BlueIris: Update Checking. Please visit the Plugin Store to Download
   BlueIris Plugin                 BlueIris Plugin: Update Checking.  Update is Available.  Taking you to plugin Store.

24 Feb 2018, 12:11:36
   Trigger                         Blue Iris Front Door Motion      <<<<<<< After reboot it triggers when I try again

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:28 pm
GlennNZ offline

neilk wrote:
It could well be that it is to do with lost communication to BI and then not recovering, I was on 8.0 and now upgraded to 8.5 and I may have a something funky going on with my network that I am trying to pin down but it could have also been the connection where I was yesterday.

Neil

Thinking about your issue. I think it will be because you have two BISever devices (probably one hiding somewhere in main directory)
Have a look and I’ll add a startup check for same.

If it happens again - turn on debug logging and check first box - BI Server Session only. Let this run for 10 minutes or so and PM me, or pastebin.org the resulting output - from the Event Logs directory.
Should be something fairly obviously within this log I would guess.

G
Last edited by GlennNZ on Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:53 pm
GlennNZ offline

CliveS wrote:
It maybe related to Neil's locking up but if I change a camera setting it closes the camera but does not restart it until I restart.

Clive - thanks for the log.
Checking now and just seems comestic - Device Stop is logged at different level to Device Start. But both are happening (turn on debug logging and you'll see)

Triggers:
Fount it - squishing bug now.
After editing device or device restart defaults to disabled until checked with BIServer that Camera is online. (occurs every minute or so)
Changing behaviour to after startup/or editing defaults to Online as that probably makes sense

G

Posted on
Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:50 pm
GlennNZ offline

Ok all; move on to

Release 0.9.3
- Code hardening for catching intermittent issues
- Change to default startup behaviour - cameras default to online; so remain online after editing preferences
- Add check for two BIServer devices at startup
- Change to update logging/turn of
- Fix for cliplist hyperlinks (image hyperlink was wrong/text right) Now both Right!

https://github.com/Ghawken/IndigoPlugin ... /releases/

Posted on
Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:38 am
CliveS offline

Glenn, confirmed that bug has been squished :)

GlennNZ wrote:
CliveS wrote:

Clive - thanks for the log.
Checking now and just seems comestic - Device Stop is logged at different level to Device Start. But both are happening (turn on debug logging and you'll see)

Triggers:
Fount it - squishing bug now.
After editing device or device restart defaults to disabled until checked with BIServer that Camera is online. (occurs every minute or so)
Changing behaviour to after startup/or editing defaults to Online as that probably makes sense

G

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:21 am
neilk offline

Thinking about your issue. I think it will be because you have two BISever devices (probably one hiding somewhere in main directory)
Have a look and I’ll add a startup check for same.

If it happens again - turn on debug logging and check first box - BI Server Session only. Let this run for 10 minutes or so and PM me, or pastebin.org the resulting output - from the Event Logs directory.
Should be something fairly obviously within this log I would guess.

I checked and no duplicate device, I think I tracked down the network issue which was DHCP related (but not on the BI server but it was causing weird issues so I did some overdue housekeeping). I did have the issue yesterday (it stopped updating mid afternoon again) but I missed setting up the loggging.

Done now and also upgraded so if it does happen we should get an idea.

Thanks,
Neil