BlueIris Indigo Plugin

Posted on
Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:05 pm
CliveS offline

Re: BlueIris Indigo Plugin

Professor Falken wrote:
I'm not right in front of my machine right now to get exact wording in the dialog boxes, but I had to uncheck the "use secure session keys and login page". That alone didn't do it though.

Neither am I but with Teamviewer and Indigo I have turned on my Dell laptop via the /aviosys indigo plugin, installed Blue Iris, setup this plugin on the Indigo Mac Mini, the computers are in Newcastle in the UK and I am 9000 miles away in Perth in Australia, that's what you call home automation :)

Professor Falken wrote:
Interestingly, I later discovered that you can, in BI, whitelist certain IPs on your LAN to not require authentication (see this thread on IPCamTalk: https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/only-sent-out-email-when-alarm-is-set.22403/). Doing that for my Indigo machine allowed me to do two things. First I could recheck the "use secure session keys and login page", and I also was able to remove my BI credentials from the transmitted http commands coming from Indigo since BI was trusting that machine without authentication. I think that was under the advanced button in the server tab.

Nice tip, just going to try that..
Professor Falken wrote:
I don't know if these steps will help with the plugin communication issues you are having, but it's worth a shot.

Just updated to 0.2.2 and that has sorted out the problem but thanks for the pointers.

GlennNZ wrote:

-Fix for variable folder not existing at startup
-Remove Server Device from actions (not needed only one server)

Should be up at github now

As stated, the update has now fixed the problem and now I have my driveway camera automatically appear in the devices.
Now to try a few triggers but as I have never used BI before I might well look at a few videos about it on YouTube first.

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:18 am
GlennNZ offline

Update

- further checks for failed login / blocked IPs from BI server. Less error messaging in this scenario
- further checks for successful login before creating devices
- remove unneeded server configuration options
- tidy up of startup/shutdown icons display states
- speed up time from startup to displays updating
- add camera device configuration to “Save Image when triggered”. On triggering from BI alert (as early info) will also save local image of camera. Saves to /Documents/Indigo-BlueIris

Glenn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:27 am
CliveS offline

Updated to 0.2.5 and seeing

Starting plugin "BlueIris Plugin 0.2.5" (pid 91708)
BlueIris Plugin
BlueIris Plugin ================================================ Initializing New Plugin Session =================================================
BlueIris Plugin Plugin name: BlueIris Plugin
BlueIris Plugin Plugin version: 0.2.5
BlueIris Plugin Plugin ID: com.GlennNZ.indigoplugin.BlueIris
BlueIris Plugin Indigo version: 7.1.1
BlueIris Plugin Python version: 2.7.10 (default, Feb 7 2017, 00:08:15) [GCC 4.2.1 Compatible Apple LLVM 8.0.0 (clang-800.0.34)]
BlueIris Plugin Python Directory: /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7
BlueIris Plugin ==================================================================================================================================
Started plugin "BlueIris Plugin 0.2.5"
Error device "Blue Iris Server Device" state key Motion not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Blue Iris Server Device" state key Motion not defined (ignoring update request)

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:50 am
GlennNZ offline

CliveS wrote:
Updated to 0.2.5 and seeing

Starting plugin "BlueIris Plugin 0.2.5" (pid 91708)
BlueIris Plugin
BlueIris Plugin ================================================ Initializing New Plugin Session =================================================
BlueIris Plugin Plugin version: 0.2.5
BlueIris Plugin Python version: 2.7.10 (default, Feb 7 2017, 00:08:15) [GCC 4.2.1 Compatible Apple LLVM 8.0.0 (clang-800.0.34)]
BlueIris Plugin Python Directory: /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7
BlueIris Plugin ==================================================================================================================================
Started plugin "BlueIris Plugin 0.2.5"

Thanks - for the feedback you are on the ball! - it was only there on startup.
But should be already fixed - noticed it pretty quickly and should be another version (0.2.6) there which fixes; plus adds image size options.

Glenn
Last edited by GlennNZ on Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:03 am
GlennNZ offline

Feedback needed:

How is everyone going with the triggering from within BI to the plugin camera devices?
Is it working??

I have Basic Auth on for Indigo and can’t easily troubleshoot digest Authenication
(uncertain as to whether the posted http from BI to indigo works with Digest on)

Is movement from camera triggering the BI indigo devices?
Motion should be sensed, BI Camera icon changed, and/or image created on later versions?

If not let me know and will work on solution for Digest Auth before I do anything else.

Glenn

Posted on
Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:42 am
CliveS offline

GlennNZ wrote:
Thanks - for the feedback you are on the ball! - it was only there on startup.
But should be already fixed - noticed it pretty quickly and should be another version (0.2.6) there which fixes; plus adds image size options.

Glenn

Yep on the ball and ahead of you, I am on version 0.2.7 already :)

Stopped plugin BlueIris Plugin
Upgrading plugin BlueIris Plugin to newer version 0.2.7 (previous version moved to trash)
Loading plugin "BlueIris Plugin 0.2.7"
Starting plugin "BlueIris Plugin 0.2.7" (pid 92762)

CliveS

Posted on
Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:59 am
rhanson offline

For Digest:

1. Download and install curl for Windows [https://curl.haxx.se/download.html]. Put the files in c:\curl or somewhere you can find them.
2. In BI, instead of using a web service on the alert action, choose "Run a program or execute a script"
3. In the File, navigate to the appropriate place and select your curl.exe file, e.g. c:\curl\curl.exe
4. In Parameters, put this:
Code: Select all
-u username:password --digest http://192.168.x.x:8176/variables/&CAM?_method=put&value=True

Remember that CAM gets replaced by the BI short name, which is the variable created by the plugin.

Posted on
Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:15 am
GlennNZ offline

rhanson wrote:
For Digest:

1. Download and install curl for Windows [https://curl.haxx.se/download.html]. Put the files in c:\curl or somewhere you can find them.
2. In BI, instead of using a web service on the alert action, choose "Run a program or execute a script"
3. In the File, navigate to the appropriate place and select your curl.exe file, e.g. c:\curl\curl.exe
4. In Parameters, put this:
Code: Select all
-u username:password --digest http://192.168.x.x:8176/variables/&CAM?_method=put&value=True

Remember that CAM gets replaced by the BI short name, which is the variable created by the plugin.

Thanks for this!
& have updated first post and included this info.

Was thinking of writing some tiny .Net c## windows.exe to do the same call (provided can get &CAM data to it - probably as exe arg would be easiest) and was looking forward to a bit of C##
But your solution works well! So won't waste much time on it, unless this non-compiled python gets to me....

Glenn

Posted on
Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:34 am
GlennNZ offline

Version 0.3.0

Add some debug options; remove lots of debugging unless option selected
Add Triggers/Events for within Indigo when Camera Motion Detected
- Trigger on Camera Motion; Select Camera
(Will be retriggered based on BI retriggering timing)

Updated Readme to reflect Forum
Add Plugin store Icon

Posted on
Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:01 am
Seeker offline

GlennNZ wrote:
Version 0.3.0

marvelous work! motion trigger now turns on my floodlights at night. works great.

question: would adding a trigger of ANY CAMERA be a difficult task from within the plugin? there are workarounds if so.

Posted on
Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:04 am
GlennNZ offline

Seeker wrote:
GlennNZ wrote:
Version 0.3.0

marvelous work! motion trigger now turns on my floodlights at night. works great.

question: would adding a trigger of ANY CAMERA be a difficult task from within the plugin? there are workarounds if so.

Shouldn’t be problem.
Give me a bit...
Glenn

Posted on
Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:42 am
neilk offline

Glenn,
I just upgraded to the latest and all is spot on. I have only really done limited testing on motion but will play some more now. This is fantastic work and huge progress, thanks very much. I am also updating my control pages to expose server status data and motion.
Thanks,
Neil

Posted on
Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:22 am
CliveS offline

GlennNZ wrote:
Version 0.3.0

Add Plugin store Icon

Just updated and
16 Feb 2018, 11:48:06
Error XML Parse Error: not well-formed (invalid token)
Error On character 61 of line number 23.
Stopping plugin BlueIris Plugin (pid 92762)
BlueIris Plugin Restarting/or error. Stopping thread.
BlueIris Plugin Stopping device: Blue Iris Server Device
BlueIris Plugin Stopping device: BlueIris Camera Front Drive
Stopped plugin BlueIris Plugin
Upgrading plugin BlueIris Plugin to newer version 0.3.0 (previous version moved to trash)
Loading plugin "BlueIris Plugin 0.3.0"
Starting plugin "BlueIris Plugin 0.3.0" (pid 17377)
BlueIris Plugin
BlueIris Plugin Plugin version: 0.3.0
Started plugin "BlueIris Plugin 0.3.0"
SQL Logger adding column "timelastmotion" to table device_history_1766260163 ("BlueIris Camera Front Drive")

Reloaded and same error.

I appreciate the effort you are putting into this plugin (my bank balance not so !)

1 x Blue Iris Software purchased
1 x Blue Iris Apple App Store purchased
and possibly the Google App if someone has this working via an Amazon FireHD tablet?

Also thinking of getting an 8mp Dahua POE IP Camera IPC-HDW5831R-ZE 2.7mm ~12mm motorized lens with Built-in Mic.

CliveS

Posted on
Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:23 pm
GlennNZ offline

CliveS wrote:
GlennNZ wrote:
Version 0.3.0

Add Plugin store Icon

I appreciate the effort you are putting into this plugin (my bank balance not so !)

1 x Blue Iris Software purchased
1 x Blue Iris Apple App Store purchased
and possibly the Google App if someone has this working via an Amazon FireHD tablet?

Also thinking of getting an 8mp Dahua POE IP Camera IPC-HDW5831R-ZE 2.7mm ~12mm motorized lens with Built-in Mic.

Hi,

Indigo doesn’t seem to like & characters in the support URL link - - seems cosmetic - fixed now.

Re: Cameras:
I went thru a phase of High MP cameras but all are now 1080p max starlight Dahua with Audio. Run them at 15fps. Maximise number of cameras although my optiplex 7050 runs at 30% Unless it upgrades to rhe latest broken intel graphics driver! - then it pegs out 100% quickly.

https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/dahua-sta ... poe.22032/

& most recent camera purchase - from EmpireCandy - and no complaints.
http://www.dahuasecurity.com/asset/uplo ... 170630.pdf

Also like Ipcam forum recommend EmpireCandy on AliExpress - latest cameras, real English firmware, competitive prices and ships via DHL so couple days for delivery.

G
Last edited by GlennNZ on Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:36 pm
GlennNZ offline

Seeker wrote:

Just for You!

Version 0.3.2

Changes Triggers to a List - can select multiple/all/one or three cameras for the defined Motion Trigger
(will need to recreate current triggers I suspect)
Delete a lot of debugging unless selected in Config
Fix for startup url malformed error