BlueIris - Geofence Status

Posted on
Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:00 pm
JaceJenkins offline

BlueIris - Geofence Status

Is there a way through this plugin or any other method, to understand the Geofence status of each Mobile Device registered to Blue Iris?

Due to the way I am using Geofencing in BI (All Devices need to exit the fence before an exit fence action is taken ) I cannot leverage the built in action. The reason is, I will only get status updates on exit using this method once ALL devices have exited the fence. So any devices that have left before the last one, I would not be able to get notification of.

What I want indigo to have access to, is the status of all device geo fence status, not just the last device that triggered the exit rule. So I am looking for an alternative, even if its based on polling (not preferred)

One idea is I can see the Geofence changes in the BI event log even if the action event is never fired. If we could create an Indigo Action on that, I can take it from there.

Thoughts?

Posted on
Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:20 pm
GlennNZ offline

Re: BlueIris - Geofence Status

JaceJenkins wrote:
Is there a way through this plugin or any other method, to understand the Geofence status of each Mobile Device registered to Blue Iris?

Thoughts?

Hi

Finding it somewhat hard to follow your example - but is the top reflection a fair reflection?

How about the creation of a indigo separate BI Mobile Device with geofence status/location data?
It may not be possible, checked and should be doable, but will require regular polling of BI server (but that shouldn’t be concern, local, small data)
Should also be able to have action to set geofence (inside/outside) of mobile devices as well.

Would that solve the case?

Pity it’s not last week as had plenty of time, this week not so much but will see what I can come up with.

Glenn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:41 am
GlennNZ offline

Hi

Bumping above - would that help?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:50 pm
GlennNZ offline

Ok
Try
BlueIris v.1.1.20
https://github.com/Ghawken/IndigoPlugin-BlueIris

v 1.1.19
Bug Fix for User Login - not sure where this cropped up
Add new Device type:
BlueIris Device
- Enables creation of BI Mobile Device as know to BI
- Add Device states of this devices, checked every 60 seconds
Add Triggers for Enter Geofence and Exit Geofence for all BI mobile devices.
(do not need the indigo device to exist)
Potential fix if usernames including spaces/special characters

Steps:
1. Install/Upgrade

This version adds a new Indigo Plugin BlueIris device - specifically for BI Mobile Devices:

Go to New Device, BlueIris Plugin, Device Type - BlueIris Device:
Select the mobile device that BlueIris is aware of from the pull-down boxes:

Get these states:

Include inside = geofence status, inside=Inside Geofence, outside=Outside Geofence and "-" = unknown

This version also adds Triggering on Geofence states off any device (regardless of where above device exists in indigo or not)
If the device does not exists - BlueIris server will need to be set up correctly to send alert with these events
(this is the preferred method as is immediate)

The device states are updated every 60 seconds or so, if the device exists.

Preferred setup, much like motion is to set up alerts within BlueIris server for Device Exit, Device Enter Geofences:

Within Mobile Devices - edit the devices in question:

As per standard BlueIris plugin setup - the 192.168.1.6 - example here is the IP address of the Indigo server.

Let me know how you go.

Glenn

Posted on
Tue May 11, 2021 1:41 pm
JaceJenkins offline

OMG, I just realized you replied to my thread. I forgot to turn on Notifications....grrr I am so sorry for not responding earlier.

So I ended up solving this problem a little differently, but still leveraging BI Geofencing.

1. In BI I set the Geofence Alerts for all Devices Both Entry and Exit to the fence to send a HTTP call to the HTTPd Plugin - viewtopic.php?f=216&t=23520

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah4ZkMoJGPSZh71IyqUHCY5agg5EBw

2. When the HTTP Request comes in from BI, HTTPd sets Indigo variables for each Person running the fence on their phone:
- Person1_Home = True or False
- Person2_Home = True or False

3. I have a 3rd top level variable called Someone_Home = True of False

4. If the Person1_Home or Person2_Home Indigo variables change, a trigger is fired that run python code with the following rules:

- If anyone is in the fence then Someone_Home = True
- If no one is in the fence then Some_Home = False

I then leverage Someone_Home for all Triggers, Actions Group Condition etc..

I use this for a ton of different use cases, like if Someone_Home becomes false:

- Lock the front Door
- Close the garages
- Turn off the lights
- Send an Group iMessage on all the actions that were taken.

It has about a 1-2 second delay so at this point its pretty responsive.

Again sorry about not responding earlier and then you went off and made some changes to your plugin. /smh

-Jace

Page 1 of 1