iRobot Password Problems

Posted on
Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:34 pm
Dtmr offline

iRobot Password Problems

Hey, I got 1 new Braava and I have some problems receiving the password.
I also tried with an i7, same thing. My old Rooma is also on the network and is running w/o problems.

Any idea what I need to change?

Code: Select all
 iRobot-Roomba                   Found Roomba (Helga) IP address is: 10.10.11.32
   iRobot-Roomba Debug             Using SSLv23 TLS settings given S9 iRoomba or Option selected
   iRobot-Roomba Debug             received data: hex: b'f024efcXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX426a743000', length: 38
   iRobot-Roomba                   blid is: BBXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX83
   iRobot-Roomba Error             Caught Exception:must be str, not bytes
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 709, in threadgetPassword
    result = password(self, address=roombaIP, file=filename, useCloud=useCloud, cloudLogin=cloudLogin, cloudPassword=cloudPassword, forceSSL=forceSSL)
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.1/Plugins/iRobot-Roomba.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/roomba.py", line 156, in __init__
    self.get_password(address)
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.1/Plugins/iRobot-Roomba.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/roomba.py", line 413, in get_password
    passwordroomba = str(data[7:]).partition(b'\0')[0]
TypeError: must be str, not bytes

Posted on
Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:59 pm
GlennNZ offline

Re: iRobot Password Problems

Thats no good.

I’ll have a look

I would suggest using the irobot account option to get passwords. Can then turn it off if preferred. No timing of button presses and overall a bit more straight-forward.

Just enable it, enter details and don’t worry about pressing any button etc on robot.

I think above may be a left over python3 conversion bug, because most have moved to the irobot online account for passwords. Certainly I was very happy to not need to click button on iroomba and then run to indigo and click get Password!

Update:
Try 0.9.20 Will be in pluginstore momentarily..,
Hopefully will fix - hard to completely check. Let me know if any issues.

Posted on
Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:35 pm
Dtmr offline

Re: iRobot Password Problems

Works now! Perfect. Tnx.
8)

There might be one issue:
The name of the device in the config seems to be always the last one added, no matter which IP address is given.
Functions seem to work so far and I just changed the name to the correct one. manually

Page 1 of 1