Roomba e-series?

Posted on
Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:45 am
dduff617 offline

Roomba e-series?

I have a Roomba E-series (E6 model).

It is new (to me, at least), It is not listed in the supported models.

Anyone know if this model is not supported because it is too new? Or does it lack required functionality to work with the plugin? (I gather it is a low-end model, but it definitely has WiFi and works with the Roomba App).

I made a few attempts at getting it to talk to the plugin - from the logs, there appeared to be some communication happening, but I could not seem to get the "get password" button to succeed.

Posted on
Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:50 am
GlennNZ offline

Roomba e-series?

Hi

Not sure - but seems should be possible to support.

Try all the security options - including with and without the checkbox regarding Force SSL, as you press getpassword.

Welcome to PM or post the output received?

Timezone will catch up with us now, but happy to have a look next day or so.

Glenn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:04 am
dduff617 offline

Re: Roomba e-series?

Thanks for the response. I'll pursue this and would be happy to help any way I can .

First, as background, I'll note that this Roomba is already set up and working with the iRobot IOS app. I mention that just in case setting it up that way might somehow mess up the ability to work with the plugin.

Quick sanity-check question: When roomba is sitting on the charger, I hit and hold the home button for a long time and nothing happens. I presume Roomba needs to be "woken" first. So I try a short press of home button, then it shows some LED lights.

So, after "waking" , I push home again and try holding it for a while. At this point, after maybe 10-12 seconds of holding the button, I hear two tones (not four). At first, it seems the two tones are descending. Other times when I've tried doing the same thing I hear two tones ascending. So I'm not sure whether perhaps I'm switching between two modes or what...

With debugging enabled, here's what I'm seeing in the logs with each "get password" attempt:
iRobot-Roomba Debug getRoombaPassword called: 638212383
iRobot-Roomba File should equal:/Users/dufflocal/Documents/Indigo-iRobotRoomba/192.168.1.60-config.ini
iRobot-Roomba Debug waiting on port: 5678 for data
iRobot-Roomba Debug Looking for Roomba with IP Address:192.168.1.60
iRobot-Roomba found 1 Roombas
iRobot-Roomba Make sure your robot (Roomba) at IP 192.168.1.60 is on the Home Base and powered on (green lights on). Then press and hold the HOME button on your robot until it plays a series of tones (about 2 seconds). Release the button and your robot will flash WIFI light.
iRobot-Roomba Received: {
"robotname": "Roomba",
"sku": "e619820",
"nc": 0,
"ver": "3",
"proto": "mqtt",
"ip": "192.168.1.60",
"hostname": "Roomba-3178480821235700",
"sw": "3.4.59",
"mac": "D0:C5:D3:63:69:77",
"cap": {
"eco": 1,
"ota": 1,
"svcConf": 1
}
}
iRobot-Roomba

Roomba (Roomba) IP address is: 192.168.1.60
iRobot-Roomba Debug Using SSLv23 TLS settings given S9 iRoomba or Option selected
Error (client) timeout waiting for plugin response from com.GlennNZ.indigoplugin.irobot for request UiAction
iRobot-Roomba Debug received data: hex: f005efcc3b2903, length: 7
iRobot-Roomba Error getting password, receive 7 bytes. Follow the instructions and try again.
iRobot-Roomba Debug Software Version of Roomba Found:3.4.59

Posted on
Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:28 am
GlennNZ offline

Roomba e-series?

Thanks

Doesn’t seem clear to me what issue is... have some pointers from earlier libraries, BUT if not pressing correct buttons could cause something similar.

Also - fine to be paired with app - just need to make sure closed before try with anything else.

With earlier models, needs to be on charging dock and connected before press home button - but might pay to check whether anything changed with the E6 model (via google!). And post if get any more info from logs....

Any different replies please post - in about 12 hours or so I can try one change to code which -big - may help...

Glenn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1