iRoomba iRobot Plugin

Posted on
Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:00 pm
GlennNZ offline

iRoomba 980 iRobot Plugin

deuan wrote:
Different Computers wrote:
GlennNZ wrote:
The timeout is expected - as the handshake with iRoomba takes more time than the Indigo dialog likes. (and preferred not to thread this code off - as is only done once)

But it still should complete correctly and show log message or error otherwise.n

Sorry, but this reads like a contradiction to me. The timeout is expected, but it will work anyway? When mine times out, I see no indication that it continues to get the password or has any progress.

Don't know if this helps, I also got the timeout message and the password field was blank. Just hit the save button, if it saves it worked. if not the fields will be red and try again.

Thanks
Probably (well I think always!) my fault - probably doesn’t log much password info without debug logging on. Should/Will update that.

If any issues/or when getting password (which only is done once for life of robot) then turn debugging on to get more info on what is happening.

In future version - will log the password stuff regardless of debug logging or not.

Posted on
Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:37 am
MarcoGT offline

Re: iRoomba 980 iRobot Plugin

I bought the 980 :D
Arriving today, plugin already installed :D

Posted on
Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:06 am
GlennNZ offline

MarcoGT wrote:
I bought the 980 :D
Arriving today, plugin already installed :D

Good good
Let me know if any issues
(There goes the increase in model types supported though...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:52 am
MarcoGT offline

GlennNZ wrote:
(There goes the increase in model types supported though...)

What do you mean? I do not get your point :)

Posted on
Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:54 am
GlennNZ offline

Oh nothing exciting
Just be nice to confirm support for 960 or 800 series !

Posted on
Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:22 am
MarcoGT offline

It works like a charm, thank you very much Glenn :D

Posted on
Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:48 am
JaceJenkins offline

Re: iRoomba iRobot Plugin

I believe the plugin is detecting my Roomba 980, but then it never says it can connect to it and continuously restarts the plugin.

Here is the config it created:

[192.168.1.35]
blid = 6943C91C11611690
password = :1:1546612367:ZO6WUVLAR933exMQ
data = {u'robotname': u'Roomba', u'sku': u'R98----', u'nc': 0, u'ver': u'3', u'proto': u'mqtt', u'ip': u'192.168.1.35', u'hostname': u'Roomba-6943C91C11611690', u'sw': u'v2.4.6-3', u'mac': u'80:A5:89:44:D6:1A', u'cap': {u'carpetBoost': 1, u'pp': 1, u'langOta': 1, u'binFullDetect': 1, u'ota': 2, u'maps': 1, u'pose': 1, u'eco': 1, u'multiPass': 2, u'edge': 1, u'svcConf': 1}}

I have also tried resetting my Roomba to Factory Defaults with no avail. What should I try next?

Posted on
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:24 pm
GlennNZ offline

iRoomba iRobot Plugin

JaceJenkins wrote:
I believe the plugin is detecting my Roomba 980, but then it never says it can connect to it and continuously restarts the plugin.

Here is the config it created:

[192.168.1.35]
blid = 6943C91C11611690
password = :1:1546612367:ZO6WUVLAR933exMQ
data = {u'robotname': u'Roomba', u'sku': u'R98----', u'nc': 0, u'ver': u'3', u'proto': u'mqtt', u'ip': u'192.168.1.35', u'hostname': u'Roomba-6943C91C11611690', u'sw': u'v2.4.6-3', u'mac': u'80:A5:89:44:D6:1A', u'cap': {u'carpetBoost': 1, u'pp': 1, u'langOta': 1, u'binFullDetect': 1, u'ota': 2, u'maps': 1, u'pose': 1, u'eco': 1, u'multiPass': 2, u'edge': 1, u'svcConf': 1}}

I have also tried resetting my Roomba to Factory Defaults with no avail. What should I try next?

That’s no good. Hopefully it is not a widespread firmware change.
(Edit: Can confirm mine are on same firmware and remain working fine)

Probably a bit of background would be helpful
- Have you used the plugin for a while? Or is this first time/set-up?

If has been working for a while then the commonest reason for multiple restarts is the roomba has died and run out of battery somewhere. The plugin keeps trying to reconnect (bc of last mqtt issues) and as a last resort will restart itself - appear best way to reset mqtt. Obviously if disconnected from network as no battery this process will also occur. (the fact you have factory reset would make this unlikely)

First I would restart/reload the plugin and see if that changes

Second - I would track down you iroomba charged and network connected. Check can control with app, and check the IP address from within the app as well.

Third - if you have reset iroomba will need to be setup again from a password standpoint within the plugin.

Does seem to have created config and password okay - previously at least.

If still ongoing issues - Can you PM me a debug log?

Thanks

Posted on
Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:15 am
Coolcaper offline

GlennNZ wrote:
Hi

To the post that was here - that has disappeared!

Yes the plugin will allow start, stop, dock clean for one or a few iRoomba 980's (which has wifi)

As an aside - I have been testing a Xiaomi Mi Vacuum (mine is version 1); which recently purchased.
https://www.vacuumsguide.com/xiaomi-rob ... -upgraded/

And it actually does a very good similar to iRoomba job in my limited experience at about 1/3rd the price
(straight from China/AliExpress). Mine has issue where complains of main brush blocked issue occasionally (probably overheating on carpet) but can just restart and continues.

It is easy to setup, and can change to English language easily within App, has a few more suction modes (so can be a lot quieter than iRoomba980 on lower setting)

Was considering a Plugin for it as well - but access to the mi's key is difficult and now apparently need to download iphone backup and pull data/key from that. Doable - but probably not the easiest to talk users through - hence haven't got around it to. But is on the todo list....

Glenn

Hi Glen,

Got one of these Mi robots gen 1 and it has been performing well so far. The only issue I find with it is that most times it fails to get back to the dock. Other than that it seems to be doing its job.

Any chance you had to revisit this for a plug-in? Oh btw, the mi home app now features Siri shortcuts so that has helped.

Posted on
Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:18 am
GlennNZ offline

iRoomba iRobot Plugin

Coolcaper wrote:
GlennNZ wrote:
Hi

To the post that was here - that has disappeared!

Yes the plugin will allow start, stop, dock clean for one or a few iRoomba 980's (which has wifi)

As an aside - I have been testing a Xiaomi Mi Vacuum (mine is version 1); which recently purchased.
https://www.vacuumsguide.com/xiaomi-rob ... -upgraded/

And it actually does a very good similar to iRoomba job in my limited experience at about 1/3rd the price
(straight from China/AliExpress). Mine has issue where complains of main brush blocked issue occasionally (probably overheating on carpet) but can just restart and continues.

It is easy to setup, and can change to English language easily within App, has a few more suction modes (so can be a lot quieter than iRoomba980 on lower setting)

Was considering a Plugin for it as well - but access to the mi's key is difficult and now apparently need to download iphone backup and pull data/key from that. Doable - but probably not the easiest to talk users through - hence haven't got around it to. But is on the todo list....

Glenn

Hi Glen,

Got one of these Mi robots gen 1 and it has been performing well so far. The only issue I find with it is that most times it fails to get back to the dock. Other than that it seems to be doing its job.

Any chance you had to revisit this for a plug-in? Oh btw, the mi home app now features Siri shortcuts so that has helped.

Yeah

They not bad - I picked one up as well and seems to do a reasonable job (have one upstairs, Roomba downstairs)

Was thinking about plugin for Mi as well / But and a big But! To get access to Mi - need to download saved iOS or Android image and then look through to find you key. Seems pretty complicated for average user.

I’ll check again - but didn’t seem really possible when last looked

Glenn

Last edited by GlennNZ on Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:23 am
Coolcaper offline

No worries. Thanks.

Posted on
Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:04 am
Different Computers offline

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Wed May 01, 2019 9:26 pm
kwijibo007 offline

GlennNZ wrote:
Oh nothing exciting
Just be nice to confirm support for 960 or 800 series !

Not sure if the 960 is confirmed yet but I have one on the way. Will report back when it arrives.

Posted on
Thu May 02, 2019 10:52 pm
MarcoGT offline

Does anyone else have problem with Trigger/Bin full?
I have in my setup a trigger to inform all the family when the bin is full (I only have the iRobot App installed, my wife does not) and I have never seen the trigger firing.

Any idea?
I will post a screenshot of the trigger, BTW

Posted on
Fri May 03, 2019 12:19 am
GlennNZ offline

iRoomba iRobot Plugin

MarcoGT wrote:
Does anyone else have problem with Trigger/Bin full?
I have in my setup a trigger to inform all the family when the bin is full (I only have the iRobot App installed, my wife does not) and I have never seen the trigger firing.
I will post a screenshot of the trigger, BTW

Thanks.
Looking at it now - there may be an issue with binFull - should post update plugin soon (once I can trigger a bin Full event!)

Try version 0.4.0 - In PluginStore
I think it fixes this issue - change to False versus 'false' somewhere along the way.

Glenn

Page 7 of 18 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 18