iRoomba iRobot Plugin

Posted on
Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:12 pm
GlennNZ offline

Re: iRoomba 980 iRobot Plugin

pmgendon wrote:
it appears that the problem was caused when the roomba changed IP. I assigned a fixed IP to the unit and so far, so good!

keep up the good work,

Good to hear. :) Does need a fixed ip - but should look at making error more obvious.

Does restart once every 24 hours as found occasional connection to Roomba failed and was only way to reset it completely.

Also I uncommonly get a regularly run of connection failure messages - if fails three times will restart to reset connection. This typically is caused by when the Roomba is dead somewhere and runs out of battery. Also should look at making this a bit more obvious

Glenn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun May 06, 2018 10:57 am
mat offline

Hi Glen,

Plugin was working great for a few hours. Ruby has just finished a clean and getting the following errors...

Code: Select all
   iRobot-Roomba Error             Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 116, in runConcurrentThread
  File "plugin.py", line 507, in checkAllRoombas
  File "plugin.py", line 463, in getRoombaInfo
  File "plugin.py", line 444, in disconnectRoomba
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/iRobot-Roomba.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/roomba.py", line 492, in disconnect
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'disconnect'

iRobot-Roomba Error             plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

i'll leave it running for a bit, as it looks like the comms error. phone is seeing her! (not sure why it is female)

I have switched from continuous connection (now disabled) to see if that makes a difference.

Thanks for the hard work

Will report back

Edit: Forgot to say IP address is fixed and Alexa can see her too.

Mat

Late 2018 mini 10.14

Posted on
Sun May 06, 2018 11:14 pm
GlennNZ offline

mat wrote:
Hi Glen,

Plugin was working great for a few hours. Ruby has just finished a clean and getting the following errors...

i'll leave it running for a bit, as it looks like the comms error. phone is seeing her! (not sure why it is female)

I have switched from continuous connection (now disabled) to see if that makes a difference.

Thanks for the hard work

Will report back

Edit: Forgot to say IP address is fixed and Alexa can see her too.

Mat

Thanks - Sorry update to the latest version 0.2.6 - have added to plugin store now. Otherwise see here:
https://github.com/Ghawken/Indigo-iRobo ... ree/master

Occasionally might lost connection and does check a few times before restarting the entire plugin to resolve.

If restarting Plugin hasn't fixed, and iroomba is charged, accessible by other devices may have a bigger problem...
Mine is working fine, but iRoomba does roll out firmware updates which risk breaking any compatiblity.

Have a look in phone app in Settings, About, Software - and check Firmware version mine (working) is v2.4.4.-4

If still issues - please PM me a full debug log from beginning...

Tah

G

Posted on
Mon May 07, 2018 4:41 am
mat offline

Thanks Glenn

Yes, same version of firmware.

plugin is restarting in the log. Will have a play around and let you know, but force quitting. state is "communication error".

The odd think is she is working from the app, but showing as not connected on the router, although i can ping her from terminal.

I'm wondering if its a wifi error of some sort as we have mixed 2.4ghz and 5ghz network?!?

I'll do some troubleshooting....thanks for the responce

Late 2018 mini 10.14

Posted on
Mon May 07, 2018 4:49 am
mat offline

My error, tuned on error logging....

Looks like I have a problem installing paho-mqtt

I had installed it but just checked again and it didn't install property, looks like I've found the problem, but now need to fix python!

UPDATE I have an ssl error with pip ... now trying to understand...

Cheers

Mat

Late 2018 mini 10.14

Posted on
Mon May 07, 2018 7:08 am
mat offline

for anyone having issues installing paho-mqtt the following worked for me after lots of chasing around...

sudo -s
curl https://bootstrap.pypa.io/get-pip.py | python
pip install paho-mqtt

from this post http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=107&t=19129&p=158963&hilit=pip#p158963 Thanks Glann Flyingdriver and Jay!

all working

Late 2018 mini 10.14

Posted on
Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:36 am
editordz offline

I am trying to get this to work.

Indigo gives me "Need to install module Mqtt for this plugin to work. ". But when I try and re-install Mqtt, I get "Requirement already satisfied: paho-mqtt in /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages (1.3.1)."

Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

Posted on
Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:13 pm
GlennNZ offline

iRoomba 980 iRobot Plugin

editordz wrote:
I am trying to get this to work.

Indigo gives me "Need to install module Mqtt for this plugin to work. ". But when I try and re-install Mqtt, I get "Requirement already satisfied: paho-mqtt in /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages (1.3.1)."

Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

Would seem you are running multiple versions of python and that is causing a conflict - because indigo version doesn’t have Mqtt installed.
See the link thread above yours/and go to 1st post (Jay’s) above for a walk through
Glenn

Posted on
Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:51 am
editordz offline

I had indeed two versions running. I got it all working now, thanks for writing the plug-in, and for pointing me in the right direction!

I was going to post on how I solved my problem so others may benefit in the future, but it mainly consisted of following various tutorials while cursing and wanting to get out of automation altogether. So the usual :D

The biggest hurdle to overcome was to install pip, and I don't know what got it done finally. So for anyone that comes after me.. good luck!

Posted on
Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:49 am
katiaf offline

I wanted to thank Glenn for this plugin. It is nice to be able to program the Roomba schedule in a smarter way than the one provided by the Roomba app. In my case, I set it up to run only on weekdays and when the house is empty.

I also wanted to add that I successfully added it to HomeKit using Colorado4Wheeler's HomeKit Bridge. It was very simple: just created action groups for Start Roomba, Stop Roomba, Dock Roomba, etc. and added them to HomeKit Bridge. I created a room called Roomba for those action groups and added a picture of the vacuum as background. It is very cool to be able to ask Siri to control the Roomba :D

Posted on
Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:46 pm
ckeyes888 offline

In trying to get this working I thought I had paho-matt installed as shown in the Terminal log:

Collecting paho-mqtt
Downloading https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages ... 4.0.tar.gz (88kB)
100% |████████████████████████████████| 92kB 529kB/s
Installing collected packages: paho-mqtt
Running setup.py install for paho-mqtt ... done
Successfully installed paho-mqtt-1.4.0

but I get this error when I try any command to it.
iRobot-Roomba Error Need to install module Mqtt for this plugin to work. See Forum.

Any help appreciated!

Edit: I attempted to read through some of the Python conflict stuff...way over my pay grade, no idea even where to start.

Thanks,

Carl

Roomba 985
Indigo 7.1.1

Posted on
Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:05 pm
mat offline

for anyone having issues installing paho-mqtt the following worked for me after lots of chasing around...

sudo -s
curl https://bootstrap.pypa.io/get-pip.py | python
pip install paho-mqtt

from this post http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic. ... ip#p158963 Thanks Glann Flyingdriver and Jay!

all working

Carl, this worked for me - even though above my grade!

Late 2018 mini 10.14

Posted on
Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:20 pm
ckeyes888 offline

Thanks. I got it working after a restart of Indigo.
So far all is working fine....great plugin!

Carl

Posted on
Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:50 am
EricMcM offline

Has anyone tried this with an i7 yet? I am able to get a connection and discover the password, but when the plugin attempts to communicate after this it fails:

Client LoopStart Running now Downstairs Vac
iRobot-Roomba Debug Roomba Connected Downstairs Vac
iRobot-Roomba Debug Roomba Connected with result code 2
iRobot-Roomba Debug Please make sure your blid and password are correct Downstairs Vac

Posted on
Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:12 pm
GlennNZ offline

EricMcM wrote:
Has anyone tried this with an i7 yet? I am able to get a connection and discover the password, but when the plugin attempts to communicate after this it fails:

Client LoopStart Running now Downstairs Vac
iRobot-Roomba Debug Roomba Connected Downstairs Vac
iRobot-Roomba Debug Roomba Connected with result code 2
iRobot-Roomba Debug Please make sure your blid and password are correct Downstairs Vac

Hi
Thanks for the model updates - didn’t know they existed!

Appears the base python library isn’t compatible with i7 currently - but should be possible. I’ll have a look, if you can send debug log from beginning of attempting connection that will probably be useful.

Cheers

Glenn