iRoomba iRobot Plugin

Posted on
Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:20 am
GlennNZ offline

Re: iRoomba iRobot Plugin

An Elf delivering a i9 would be good! -but alas not likely (they are not actually realised here yet)

The room stuff is possible, but appears a bit clunky -

https://github.com/koalazak/dorita980/issues/82

Above posted, more for my future reference.

Basically need to refer to room by its roomba ID and use a userID as well. No way of getting these, except to wait and see if appear in commands send/received and then could save room references as they appear. (which plugin could do). Would mean would need to manually send clean room command to add that room to list of rooms plugin is aware of. A bit clunky - but probably still doable.

Still, would need a local i9 really given the clunkyness I suspect.

But best of luck with your Xmas!

Glenn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:46 am
norcoscia offline

Happy holiday - Just FYI - the room stuff is available on the i7 as well (that is the version I got, with the external bin). If you select clean from the start page you are sent to a second page to select Clean All - or - select individual rooms from the list of rooms defined in roomba.

The vacuum does a great job and having it integrated with indigo would allow me to cycle through various rooms to vacuum whenever I'm not home. If you need any info from me to help with any efforts -- just let me know, happy to help!!!
Attachments
2019-12-25_05-35-50.jpeg
2019-12-25_05-35-50.jpeg (21.7 KiB) Viewed 4664 times
2019-12-25_05-36-10.jpeg
2019-12-25_05-36-10.jpeg (26.19 KiB) Viewed 4664 times
2019-12-25_05-43-01.jpeg
2019-12-25_05-43-01.jpeg (33.97 KiB) Viewed 4664 times

_______
Norm

Posted on
Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:13 pm
eme jota ce offline

Has anyone setup the Plugin with a Roomba i8?

Hi,

Great to see this plugin, I'm trying to setup an i8 (Costco version of roomba). Read the thread and have tried many of the terminal commands, etc. Finally got the password into the plugin, but am now seeing the following in the log:
Code: Select all
 Starting plugin "iRobot-Roomba 0.5.0" (pid 1275)
   iRobot-Roomba                   
   iRobot-Roomba                   ================================================ Initializing New Plugin Session =================================================
   iRobot-Roomba                   Plugin name:                   iRobot-Roomba
   iRobot-Roomba                   Plugin version:                0.5.0
   iRobot-Roomba                   Plugin ID:                     com.GlennNZ.indigoplugin.irobot
   iRobot-Roomba                   Indigo version:                7.4.1
   iRobot-Roomba                   Python version:                2.7.16 (default, Jun  5 2020, 22:59:21) [GCC 4.2.1 Compatible Apple LLVM 11.0.3 (clang-1103.0.29.20) (-macos10.15-objc-
   iRobot-Roomba                   Python Directory:              /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7
   iRobot-Roomba                   ==================================================================================================================================
   iRobot-Roomba Debug             logLevel = 10
   Started plugin "iRobot-Roomba 0.5.0"
   iRobot-Roomba                   Starting Roomba
   iRobot-Roomba Debug             updateFrequency = 86400.0
   iRobot-Roomba Debug             statusFrequency = 600.0
   iRobot-Roomba Debug             deviceStartComm called for Roomba i8
   iRobot-Roomba Debug             Continuous ON and not connected..
   iRobot-Roomba Debug             getRoombaInfo for Roomba i8
   iRobot-Roomba Debug             connecting Roomba Device: Roomba i8
   iRobot-Roomba Debug             Using config file: /Users/seahorseha/Documents/Indigo-iRobotRoomba/10.0.1.140-config.ini
   iRobot-Roomba Error             ==================================================================================================================================
   iRobot-Roomba Error             Need to install module Mqtt for this plugin to work.  See Forum.
   iRobot-Roomba Error             ==================================================================================================================================
   iRobot-Roomba Debug             CONTINUOUS connection
   iRobot-Roomba Debug             Reading Config File: 10.0.1.140-config.ini
   iRobot-Roomba Debug             Reading config file... /Users/seahorseha/Documents/Indigo-iRobotRoomba/10.0.1.140-config.ini
   iRobot-Roomba Debug             reading info from config file /Users/seahorseha/Documents/Indigo-iRobotRoomba/10.0.1.140-config.ini
   iRobot-Roomba Debug             Sections ['10.0.1.140']
   iRobot-Roomba Debug             Posting DECODED data
   iRobot-Roomba Debug             Connecting: Roomba5242  :  10.0.1.140  :  :1:{password removed}
   iRobot-Roomba Debug             Connecting Roomba5242
   iRobot-Roomba Debug             Please install paho-mqtt '<sudo> pip install paho-mqtt' to use this library
   iRobot-Roomba Debug             Client Connect Running now Roomba5242
   iRobot-Roomba Debug             Connection Roomba Error: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'connect'
   iRobot-Roomba Debug             Attempting new Connection# 1
   iRobot-Roomba Debug             Connecting: Roomba5242  :  10.0.1.140  :  :1:{Password removed}
   iRobot-Roomba Debug             Please install paho-mqtt '<sudo> pip install paho-mqtt' to use this library
   iRobot-Roomba Debug             Connection Roomba Error: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'connect'
   iRobot-Roomba Debug             Attempting new Connection# 2
   iRobot-Roomba Debug             Connecting: Roomba5242  :  10.0.1.140  :  :1:{password removed}
   iRobot-Roomba Debug             Attempting new Connection# 3
   iRobot-Roomba                   Unable to connect to Roomba5242
   iRobot-Roomba                   This may because your Roomba has lost charge and network connection.
   iRobot-Roomba                   Restarting Plugin in effort to resolve...
   iRobot-Roomba Debug             Setting restart switch....

Seems to say I need to install install paho-mqtt. However in terminal, when I try to (re)install it, it seems to say it's already installed:
SeahamsMBPha:~ seahorseha$ pip install paho-mqtt
DEPRECATION: Python 2.7 reached the end of its life on January 1st, 2020. Please upgrade your Python as Python 2.7 is no longer maintained. pip 21.0 will drop support for Python 2.7 in January 2021. More details about Python 2 support in pip can be found at https://pip.pypa.io/en/latest/development/release-process/#python-2-support
[b]Requirement already satisfied: paho-mqtt in /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages (1.5.0)[/b]

Wonder if it's my botched installation or an i8 issue. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
mjc

Posted on
Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:10 pm
GlennNZ offline

Hi

Thanks for the logs!

Would be interested in whether works or not, as not familiar with that model.

But the current issue appears to be a python version conflict - which can be tricky to resolve.

See Jay’s post here:

viewtopic.php?t=19129

Glenn

Posted on
Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:03 am
eme jota ce offline

Thanks for the reply, Glenn,

That was the response I feared because I had seen the post you linked with Jay's statement (and your helpful instructions to uninstall / reinstall) python to remove the conflict, but was afraid that that process offered an opportunity to cause problems beyond my (very limited) abilities to recover - without resorting to a backup.

Recall installing Homebrew long ago, but don't know for which plugin - nor whether I'm still using the plugin, but don't want to accidentally break something that might be important to the current Indigo setup, which is running smoothly and reliably with features that our household now takes for granted.

Also, while Jay and Matt routinely say that they don't provide feature lists or underlying changes in forthcoming upgrades, there is this statement from Jay, which says they know they'll have to update Indigo to Python 3 at some point. Since Indigo 7.4 was released almost a year ago, seems like a good time to practice some patience. (or at least make sure the backup is in good shape if patience wains during the weekend :wink: )

Looks like a really cool plugin, and this generation of Roomba is so impressive compared some of the early versions I had tried where the puck randomly and forcefully bounced around the room.

Posted on
Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:01 am
GlennNZ offline

iRoomba iRobot Plugin

Thanks - I’ll have a look at i8...

I wouldn’t give up - you just need to install paho to the correct python install.

Perhaps would try:

From terminal window:

cd /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/

Selecting Indigo’s python version directory.

& then..

python -m pip install paho-matt

In first instance... works on my testing...

Glenn

Posted on
Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:31 pm
eme jota ce offline

Thanks for the suggestion, GlennZ,

Here's the error reported after trying that suggestion.
seahorseha@SeahamsMBPha ~ % cd /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/
seahorseha@SeahamsMBPha 2.7 % python -m pip install paho-matt
DEPRECATION: Python 2.7 reached the end of its life on January 1st, 2020. Please upgrade your Python as Python 2.7 is no longer maintained. pip 21.0 will drop support for Python 2.7 in January 2021. More details about Python 2 support in pip can be found at https://pip.pypa.io/en/latest/development/release-process/#python-2-support
ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement paho-matt (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for paho-matt
seahorseha@SeahamsMBPha 2.7 %

Posted on
Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:42 pm
GlennNZ offline

eme jota ce wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion, GlennZ,

Here's the error reported after trying that suggestion.
seahorseha@SeahamsMBPha ~ % cd /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/
seahorseha@SeahamsMBPha 2.7 % python -m pip install paho-matt
ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement paho-matt (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for paho-matt
seahorseha@SeahamsMBPha 2.7 %
Sorry
Thats a iPad typo/auto-correct
Should be paho-mqtt (as per instructions )

Posted on
Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:51 pm
eme jota ce offline

Wish I would have noticed that type. Oops.

Still says:
seahorseha@SeahamsMBPha 2.7 % python -m pip install paho-mqtt
Requirement already satisfied: paho-mqtt in /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages (1.5.0)

Posted on
Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:40 pm
GlennNZ offline

Sorry, should have know would not have been so easy - otherwise Jay would have outlined it.

Looks like still running old Python with that install command despite being in correct directory.

Try

which python 
/usr/bin/python -m pip install paho-mqtt

Posted on
Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:20 am
eme jota ce offline

Thanks for all the kind guidance!

Here's the response after typing the command in your last message:
seahorseha@SeahamsMBPha ~ % which python
/usr/local/bin/python
seahorseha@SeahamsMBPha ~ % /usr/bin/python -m pip install paho-mqtt
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Resources/Python.app/Contents/MacOS/Python: No module named pip

Also tried: /usr/local/bin/python -m pip install paho-mqtt because now I'm just banging on buttons like a toddler in the control room and see

seahorseha@SeahamsMBPha ~ % which python
/usr/local/bin/python
seahorseha@SeahamsMBPha ~ % /usr/local/bin/python  -m pip install paho-mqtt
Requirement already satisfied: paho-mqtt in /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages (1.5.0)

Really appreciate the advice so far and completely understand if this is the end of the line. Thanks!

Posted on
Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:33 am
GlennNZ offline

iRoomba iRobot Plugin

No problem, we’ll get there...

/usr/bin/python - is the correct one
The other /usr/bin/local/ is some other install that is grabbing focus as the default python install.

Try:

curl -O https://bootstrap.pypa.io/get-pip.py

/usr/bin/python get-pip.py

Might need a sudo of front of either of those...

Then try pip command as above again...

Posted on
Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:36 am
eme jota ce offline

Hopefully, I followed the last part correctly and input the right command.

Here's the terminal log and output:

seahorseha@SeahamsMBPha ~ % curl -O https://bootstrap.pypa.io/get-pip.py

% Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100 1840k  100 1840k    0     0  5716k      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 5716k
seahorseha@SeahamsMBPha ~ % /usr/bin/python get-pip.py
Defaulting to user installation because normal site-packages is not writeable
Collecting pip
  Using cached pip-20.2.2-py2.py3-none-any.whl (1.5 MB)
Installing collected packages: pip
  Attempting uninstall: pip
    Found existing installation: pip 20.2.2
    Uninstalling pip-20.2.2:
      Successfully uninstalled pip-20.2.2
  WARNING: The scripts pip, pip2 and pip2.7 are installed in '/Users/seahorseha/Library/Python/2.7/bin' which is not on PATH.
  Consider adding this directory to PATH or, if you prefer to suppress this warning, use --no-warn-script-location.
Successfully installed pip-20.2.2
seahorseha@SeahamsMBPha ~ % python -m pip install paho-mqtt

Posted on
Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:32 pm
GlennNZ offline

iRoomba iRobot Plugin

Hi

Hmm.. the defaulting comment is interesting...

Maybe try:
sudo /usr/bin/python get-pip.py

Note the sudo in front, and then need the ‘usr/bin/‘ in front of python command.
Still no promises unfortunately.....

/usr/bin/python -m pip install paho-mqtt

Posted on
Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:43 am
eme jota ce offline

Yes!!! That worked. Thank you, GlennNZ for the cool plugin and the patient guidance to through the Terminal commands. Could not have done it without you.

Just created a basic control page for this Plugin and look forward to integrating it into Indigo.

Page 10 of 18 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 18