iRobot Indigo 2023.2 API 3.4 New Version

Posted on
Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:00 pm
GlennNZ offline

Hi

Announcing a new version which removes any need for terminal command and library downloads *(previous pip3 install paho-mqtt) given Indigo 2023.2 supports this natively.

Only supports Indigo 2023.2+ API 3.4

https://www.indigodomo.com/pluginstore/132/

Other changes:

Actually pretty minimal!

Posted on
Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:00 pm
popcorn-in-sac offline

Re: iRobot Indigo 2023.2 API 3.4 New Version

Hi Glenn. First of all, thank you for providing and supporting this plugin.

I did just upgrade MacOS to 14.3.1 Sonoma and also Indigo to 2023.2.0. I noticed several plugins were needing to be updated, so I did.

I ran across this error in the Indigo log related to the iRobot plugin after I updated it.

Code: Select all
   Starting plugin "iRobot-Roomba 0.9.35" (pid 4682)
   Processing requirements for plugin "iRobot-Roomba 0.9.35"
   Requirements for "iRobot-Roomba 0.9.35" previously processed, continuing startup
   iRobot-Roomba                   
   iRobot-Roomba                   ================================================ Initializing New Plugin Session =================================================
   iRobot-Roomba                   Plugin name:                   iRobot-Roomba
   iRobot-Roomba                   Plugin version:                0.9.35
   iRobot-Roomba                   Plugin ID:                     com.GlennNZ.indigoplugin.irobot
   iRobot-Roomba                   Indigo version:                2023.2.0
   iRobot-Roomba                   Python version:                3.11.6 (v3.11.6:8b6ee5ba3b, Oct  2 2023, 11:18:21) [Clang 13.0.0 (clang-1300.0.29.30)]
   iRobot-Roomba                   Python Directory:              /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.11
   iRobot-Roomba                   ==================================================================================================================================
   Started plugin "iRobot-Roomba 0.9.35"
   iRobot-Roomba                   Starting Roomba
   iRobot-Roomba Error             Error with MQTT Client Setup.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.2/Plugins/iRobot-Roomba.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/roomba.py", line 695, in setup_client
    self.client = mqtt.Client(client_id=self.blid, clean_session=self.clean, protocol=mqtt.MQTTv311)
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
TypeError: Client.__init__() missing 1 required positional argument: 'callback_api_version'
   iRobot-Roomba Error             Error Connect: ("'AttributeError' object is not subscriptable",)

I'm not quite sure what to do about this, and would appreciate any guidance you could provide.

Thanks again
Mark

Posted on
Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:06 pm
GlennNZ offline

Hi

I think I can see what the error is - and it is on me for not specifying the version of paho-mqtt.

There has been a paho-mqtt release in last 2 days which presumably has breaking changes.

Will need to update the plugin to fix.

Sorry!

Posted on
Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:11 pm
GlennNZ offline

Try

https://github.com/Ghawken/Indigo-iRobo ... tag/0.9.36

Somewhat of a remote fix on a Windows PC - so hopefully works okay.

Thanks

Posted on
Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:14 pm
popcorn-in-sac offline

That seems to have resolved it.

Thank you for the quick fix on that one, and for the great plugin.

Mark

Posted on
Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:46 am
Betacruxis offline

Hi Glenn.
First of all, thanks for this great plugin. I've been using it for years.
I’m running Indigo 2023.2, iRobot-Roomba v0.9.37 and a Roomba i7+.
Recently changed the iMac and reinstalled everything.
Re-configured my Roomba device on Indigo, got password, got robot and map info from the API. No errors at all.
Basic functions such as start, pause, stop, resume, dock, empty bin, etc., kept working perfectly.
But when I tried to create a new action group to clean jus one room ("Celan specific Room/Areas" > Roomba > Edit action settings...") no room or area appeared listed in the selection dialog window.
Of course when tried to run the action group, the plugin asked me to select a room/area, but still none appear in the list to chose from.
Any help will be appreciated.
By the way, how can the mapping data been used?
Thanks in advance.

Posted on
Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:59 pm
GlennNZ offline

Betacruxis wrote:
Hi Glenn.
First of all, thanks for this great plugin. I've been using it for years.
I’m running Indigo 2023.2, iRobot-Roomba v0.9.37 and a Roomba i7+.
Recently changed the iMac and reinstalled everything.
Re-configured my Roomba device on Indigo, got password, got robot and map info from the API. No errors at all.
Basic functions such as start, pause, stop, resume, dock, empty bin, etc., kept working perfectly.
But when I tried to create a new action group to clean jus one room ("Celan specific Room/Areas" > Roomba > Edit action settings...") no room or area appeared listed in the selection dialog window.
Of course when tried to run the action group, the plugin asked me to select a room/area, but still none appear in the list to chose from.
Any help will be appreciated.
By the way, how can the mapping data been used?
Thanks in advance.
Hi

Unfortunately somewhere along the way iRobot via their Amazon cloud account has removed access to the mapping data. Currently get a AWS access error in place of data. The data files previously downloaded now contain an error - about lacking access to this information.

This leaves us a bit stuck. You might be able to copy the mapping json file from old Mac to New (if working on that mac fairly recently)

The code aspects, all remain there, just hoping that access will return - unfortunately it hasn’t as yet.

A work around - is to run the desired command on the iroomba,and then use action group save Last command. This saves the last command run and repeats it whenever the action group is called. This way can manually create Room or complicated cleaning schedule actions.

Glenn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:04 pm
GlennNZ offline

** Update

Although leave it with me:

Nothing a bit of Proxy snooping can't hopefully figure out... have sorted out some of the connections changes, believe will have this working again pretty soon...

Posted on
Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:57 am
GlennNZ offline

Posted on
Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:28 pm
Betacruxis offline

You are a genius!!
Works like a charm with my Roomba i7+.
Thanks again.

Page 1 of 1