Reboot Roomba request

Posted on
Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:30 am
VincentS offline

Reboot Roomba request

Hi,

I have found out that about once a week I've got an error saying "smart map error" Reloading the maps and rebooting the plugin seems not to solve the problem.. Rebooting the Roomba does.

First of all I wonder where this error comes from. Second is there a way to reboot the Roomba from within the pluging so I could create a trigger once the status changes to "smart map error" to reboot.

I'm using two Iroomba I9

Kind regards
VIncent

Posted on
Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:33 am
GlennNZ offline

Reboot Roomba request

VincentS wrote:
Hi,

I have found out that about once a week I've got an error saying "smart map error" Reloading the maps and rebooting the plugin seems not to solve the problem.. Rebooting the Roomba does.

First of all I wonder where this error comes from. Second is there a way to reboot the Roomba from within the pluging so I could create a trigger once the status changes to "smart map error" to reboot.

I'm using two Iroomba I9

Kind regards
VIncent

Hi

Is the error from the plugin or from the roomba? Reloading the plugin should reset any plugin based error - so presume because it is needing the roomba rebooted probably roomba related.

if that is the case - probably something wrong with your current map. Despite the pain - would delete it and start again.

The plugin does not have much, or really anything to do with the smart map. Basically we download the details of it once (if requested and roomba account details given). Once this is done, the plugin can’t interact with it and does not have anything to do with it (nor could it). I would presume if you disable the plugin you will still get the same error eventually…

I don’t believe we can reboot the roomba from the limited wifi connection. This takes a constant hardware button press to achieve - but I will double check and report back

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:59 am
VincentS offline

Re: Reboot Roomba request

Hi Glenn

I've already tried to create new maps. When I start the Roomba with the Roomba app in case of a map error It seems to work fine. Only starting the Roomba with Indigo seems to give the problem.

I don't know if it has to do with the map syncing or the Roomba"s learning process.

For rebooting I'm using the app as well not the button on top of the Roomba so I guess there should be a way to remotely reboot it.

Kind regards
Vincent

Posted on
Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:04 am
GlennNZ offline

VincentS wrote:
Hi Glenn

I've already tried to create new maps. When I start the Roomba with the Roomba app in case of a map error It seems to work fine. Only starting the Roomba with Indigo seems to give the problem.

I don't know if it has to do with the map syncing or the Roomba"s learning process.

For rebooting I'm using the app as well not the button on top of the Roomba so I guess there should be a way to remotely reboot it.

Kind regards
Vincent

Ok thanks for info - I’ll have a better look for the reboot command and see if can find it.

Ahh! Think below will solve
If your smart-Map has been updated then within the plugin you will need to download/update it. Otherwise you may have renamed rooms/rearranged things that the plugin hasn’t been updated on.

Within the plugin device for each Roomba - press the Update Maps for this Roomba. (after entering irobot account details)
Pretty sure this will resolve.

Basically the plugin only updates room data when this is pressed - so if edit map/create new map will need to update the plugin here manually if using room-room commands.

Glenn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:19 pm
hensed offline

I'm having a similar issue. I launch "hallway" from the app, it will go to the hallway and vacuum. If I launch "hallway" from indigo actions, it will fail to launch or do a "Discover & Clean" which is also not correct. I tried update-maps-for-this-roomba button, and it seems to work (as far as the logs are concerned), but still it does not go where it's supposed to go.

I have a second roomba the is working just fine, but I have made no updates to the map for that one. For the one that's not working, I noticed that it started going wonky and getting lost when I added no-vacuum zone to one of the rooms. But again, only if the command comes from indigo.

Posted on
Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:54 pm
GlennNZ offline

Hi

Hmm..

How many maps do you have your iroomba? If more than one saved may be issue.

Can you look in the Indigo/Preferences/Plugins/com.GlennNZ.indigoplugin.irobot directory and see if you can post the mapping-data.json file?
& a then a debug log when you run the command

(with debug enabled in plugin. config)

Thanks

Page 1 of 1