Geofence Trigger Error

Posted on
Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:09 am
whmoorejr offline

Geofence Trigger Error

When my kids enter/exit geofences (school/home), I have triggers to send me pushover notifications.... When the pushover messages stopped, I first though it was a 2FA issue. Looking at the "friend" devices, I still had current status on devices. So, I waited until they got on the school bus this morning and watched the log file and found this:

Code: Select all
Script Error                    trigger "Cell GPS Changed - Rylee" embedded script error:
   Script Error                    'ascii' codec can't encode character '\u2013' in position 17: ordinal not in range(128)
   Script Error                    Exception Traceback (most recent call shown last):

embedded script, line 31, at top level
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character '\u2013' in position 17: ordinal not in range(128)

FindFriendsMini Error           Caught Exception within Trigger Check
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 2437, in triggerCheck
    if trigger.pluginProps["geofenceId"] != str(device.id) or (trigger.pluginTypeId == "geoFenceExit" and triggertype !='EXIT') or (trigger.pluginTypeId == "geoFenceEnter" and triggertype !='ENTER'):
KeyError: 'key geofenceId not found in dict'

The geofences and triggers were functioning. Their school geofence shows that there are 2 devices there and both their devices list the school as the current location. The only thing that has changed is the recent upgrade of my indigo server to 2022.1.2

If there is anything I can do to help test, let me know. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Bill
My Plugin: My People

Posted on
Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:10 pm
GlennNZ offline

Re: Geofence Trigger Error

Hi

Thanks

That particular issue (which shouldn’t stop trigger running) was fixed in latest version 1.3.11 (I’ll check that it is in store)

However the bigger issue here is the Script Error with the trigger script. That will be likely why the triggers aren’t running. Seems like there is a strange-ascii character somewhere causing issues?

Glenn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:27 pm
whmoorejr offline

GlennNZ wrote:
latest version 1.3.11

Oops. That one is on me. Yes 1.3.11 is in the store. Not sure why the little download arrow didn't populate on the GUI. I just updated.

One of my kids just left school... I still got an error, but the trigger "Anna Left HighSchool" fired (with version 1.3.9)
   Trigger                         Cell GPS Changed - Anna
   Trigger                         Anna Left HighSchool
    if trigger.pluginProps["geofenceId"] != str(device.id) or (trigger.pluginTypeId == "geoFenceExit" and triggertype !='EXIT') or (trigger.pluginTypeId == "geoFenceEnter" and triggertype !='ENTER'):
   Action Group                    Geo Anna Home True
   Virtual Devices                 sent 'Anna is home' off

To make it even stranger.... The entering geofence home is working. Leaving geofence high school is working. Leaving home and entering high school are not working.

I just updated to 1.3.11 and I'll test it all again in a couple hours when I have to pick up the other kid from school.

Bill

Posted on
Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:04 pm
GlennNZ offline

whmoorejr wrote:
GlennNZ wrote:
latest version 1.3.11

Oops. That one is on me. Yes 1.3.11 is in the store. Not sure why the little download arrow didn't populate on the GUI. I just updated.

One of my kids just left school... I still got an error, but the trigger "Anna Left HighSchool" fired (with version 1.3.9)
   Trigger                         Cell GPS Changed - Anna
   Trigger                         Anna Left HighSchool
   Action Group                    Geo Anna Home True
   Virtual Devices                 sent 'Anna is home' off

To make it even stranger.... The entering geofence home is working. Leaving geofence high school is working. Leaving home and entering high school are not working.

I just updated to 1.3.11 and I'll test it all again in a couple hours when I have to pick up the other kid from school.

Well, the 1.3.11 - might be on me - just added it to store after your post!

That should fix the above error. Seems you describe updating it after that error report? Let me know if still there.

Glenn

Posted on
Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:45 pm
whmoorejr offline

GlennNZ wrote:
That should fix the above error. Seems you describe updating it after that error report? Let me know if still there.

Glenn

That fixed it! Just house keeping from this point. I have a hornets nest of triggers for setting device/people to "home" or "away" that I need to fiddle around with and streamline. Years of different geospatial technologies and the associated actions / triggers / virtual devices / etc.

Bill

Page 1 of 1