Remove 2FA?

Posted on
Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:17 pm
whmoorejr offline

Remove 2FA?

Anyone know of a way to remove 2FA once enabled? While setting up another device I got to click happy and accidentally turned it on. Apple no longer allows you to remove 2FA once you enable it. Has anyone found a work-around? I really miss using this plugin.

Bill
My Plugin: My People

Posted on
Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:16 pm
GlennNZ offline

Re: Remove 2FA?

Unfortunately I don’t think it is possible

Can create a new Apple ID though just for plug-in and use that?

Glenn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:09 pm
whmoorejr offline

Don't think so. I've created 3 apple IDs today, but I think I'll have to switch devices to an older version of iOS. When you create a new Apple ID on an iPhone or from online, it automatically adds 2FA.

I was able to use an old Apple ID that is only associated with an outdated iPad2. The phone asked to update to 2FA and I was able to decline.

My next experiment will be to try to get this all up and running using one of my old iPad2s.

Bill

Posted on
Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:21 pm
durosity offline

What were you planning to use the plugin for out of interest? there may be alternative ways to do what you want to do.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:57 pm
GlennNZ offline

Hi

No other options to get locations, travel time of family members, mapping currently ...

Been thinking about supporting 2FA - may be possible ... I can get it working with 2FA verification code, the HUGE problem for me is the code dies at a certain point in time often days-weeks-to a couple of months.

Essentially when this happens could have a log message - saying re-authenticate etc.. but for most of us with headless indigo servers wouldn’t see this and until re-authenticated nothing would update.

Obviously this would be a backwards step, so whilst can setup non-2FA accounts the better.

Think if you set up with windows browser doesn’t have 2FA as default?

Glenn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:20 pm
whmoorejr offline

I was able to create a new iCloud account on an old iPad running iOS 9.3.5. I'm not sure when 2FA became mandatory when creating from iOS or from Safari.... but whatever, I got it working.

Wow, plugin has changed a bit since I used it last.

Intended use will probably for geofencing for iPhones that the kids use.... Leave school, arrive home, etc.

I'm not sure or committed to anything else yet because location has always been a pain in the butt. I originally used a plugin that read a data stream from my AirPort Extreme. After an AirPort Extreme update, that feature died. I used the automation part of HomeKit for a while which basically just turned on or off a virtual switch for when I'm home and indigo would do the rest. Well, due to some sort of network issue or something, that would toggle between home and away about every other minute or so. Frustrating as hell when you get it to make an announcement over speakers and automate lights on arrival.

So, maybe I'll have better luck with this plugin for geo based actions and such.

Bill

Posted on
Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:03 pm
whmoorejr offline

GlennNZ wrote:

..., mapping currently ...

Somehow I'm stuck on this part. With the removal of google API stuff.... do the saved JPEG images still do anything? Only the ArcGis maps are creating images. All the other selections give me a zero or super small +/- 500 byte file.

Now I'm trying the variable re-direct route.... but the variable is populating as a non-URL. Looks more like a device or application URL for an android device.... "comgooglemaps://maps.google.com/maps?z=15.... bla bla bla".

What am I missing, where did I make a wrong turn?

Bill

Posted on
Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:24 pm
GlennNZ offline

Hi,

The mapping options will depend on your location - as not all are covering the whole world. Open street map and ArgGis should cover everything though. The rest depends where you are.

The variable that you reference is a URL shortcut for iOS, or android - where can direct link that and will open location within devices google maps. Ie. link to that URL click on map in indigo touch and google maps open to that location.

If you have any local free image servers that are accessible happy to have a look at adding..

Glenn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1