FindFriendsMini a new iCloud FindmyFriends Plugin

Posted on
Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:32 pm
Wizard Sleeve offline

Re: FindFriendsMini a new iCloud FindmyFriends Plugin

Hi trying to get this setup and I can't remove the 2FA off the account it says its not possible to remove it. Either I'm missing it or you really can't. In which case can I start another new account and do something different without the 2FA enabled from the start.

Thanks

Lee

Posted on
Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:05 am
GlennNZ offline

Wizard Sleeve wrote:
Hi trying to get this setup and I can't remove the 2FA off the account it says its not possible to remove it. Either I'm missing it or you really can't. In which case can I start another new account and do something different without the 2FA enabled from the start.

Thanks

Lee

Not sure the details of Apple account creation

Certainly can create a new account without 2FA which should be really only for this plugin and/or your Indigo Mac.

Can you delete this Apple account and then create a new one with same email?
May be safer to just create new one with new email ...

Glenn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:19 pm
dnomode offline

Hello Glenn,

I used to use iFindStuff to send messages to iPhones. Please see my post here https://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=21060&start=30#p166018

Can we do something like this with your plugin?

Edmond

Posted on
Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:33 pm
GlennNZ offline

dnomode wrote:
Hello Glenn,

I used to use iFindStuff to send messages to iPhones. Please see my post here https://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=21060&start=30#p166018

Can we do something like this with your plugin?

Edmond

Short answer - No. And no plans to consider adding it as would require considerable overhaul and then probably fail the moment apple changes something.

Having said that it is very possible to send iMsg from within Indigo currently.

Won't unmute phone though- but should look at contacts; contact; Ringtone; Emergency Bypass setting:
This allows texts/calls to ring (even if phone on silent) for that specific contact.
https://www.imore.com/how-receive-messa ... sturb-mode

iMessage sending from Indigo:
Either using Applescript (can be outside Indigo - so won't stop working with applescript in future indigo updates) to send standard message to standard person.
Like here:
viewtopic.php?f=252&t=20526&p=158727&hilit=imessage#p158727

or I believe is a plugin as well
viewtopic.php?f=134&t=15532&start=45

Glenn

Posted on
Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:44 am
DrLove offline

Since tuesday FFM cant login (I can login from browser on same computer).

FindFriendsMini Debug menuRefresh called.
FindFriendsMini Debug actionrefreshdata() method called.
FindFriendsMini Debug refreshData() method called.
FindFriendsMini Debug Attempting login...
FindFriendsMini Error Login Failed General Error. ('Connection aborted.', error(54, 'Connection reset by peer')){'request': <PreparedRequest [POST]>, 'response': None}
FindFriendsMini Error ('Connection aborted.', error(54, 'Connection reset by peer'))
FindFriendsMini Debug Login to icloud Failed.

FindFriendsMini Plugin name: FindFriendsMini
FindFriendsMini Plugin version: 0.9.6
FindFriendsMini Plugin ID: com.GlennNZ.indigoplugin.FindFriendsMini
FindFriendsMini Indigo version: 7.3.1
FindFriendsMini Python version: 2.7.10 (default, Feb 7 2017, 00:08:15) [GCC 4.2.1 Compatible Apple LLVM 8.0.0 (clang-800.0.34)]
FindFriendsMini Python Directory: /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7
FindFriendsMini Major Problem equals: 0

Love Kull (yes it's my name)
Blog (in Swedish)
Sweden

Posted on
Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:49 am
GlennNZ offline

DrLove wrote:
Since tuesday FFM cant login (I can login from browser on same computer).

FindFriendsMini Debug menuRefresh called.
FindFriendsMini Debug actionrefreshdata() method called.
FindFriendsMini Debug refreshData() method called.
FindFriendsMini Debug Attempting login...
FindFriendsMini Error Login Failed General Error. ('Connection aborted.', error(54, 'Connection reset by peer')){'request': <PreparedRequest [POST]>, 'response': None}
FindFriendsMini Error ('Connection aborted.', error(54, 'Connection reset by peer'))
FindFriendsMini Debug Login to icloud Failed.

FindFriendsMini Plugin name: FindFriendsMini
FindFriendsMini Plugin version: 0.9.6
FindFriendsMini Plugin ID: com.GlennNZ.indigoplugin.FindFriendsMini
FindFriendsMini Indigo version: 7.3.1
FindFriendsMini Python version: 2.7.10 (default, Feb 7 2017, 00:08:15) [GCC 4.2.1 Compatible Apple LLVM 8.0.0 (clang-800.0.34)]
FindFriendsMini Python Directory: /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7
FindFriendsMini Major Problem equals: 0

See thread here
viewtopic.php?t=22569

Sounds like you have the same presumed ssl issue as has been reported - old Mac OSX?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:23 am
DrLove offline

Old yes :) Sierra 10.12.5. I have not dared to upgrade. Maybe its time...

Best regards, L

Blog (in Swedish)
Sweden

Posted on
Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:55 pm
GlennNZ offline

DrLove wrote:
Old yes :) Sierra 10.12.5. I have not dared to upgrade. Maybe its time...

Best regards, L

There is growing issues with ssl (security & web connections) with Sierra and earlier.

If you see other post could try the
Code: Select all
pip install requests[security]

This installs a few ssl python security libraries (more than usual requests which is already installed with indigo 7.0+)
There are reports should fix this issue - but obviously this is untested - but would be useful to know!

Hopefully you only have one version of python installed.

Glenn

Posted on
Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:12 am
GlennNZ offline

Update:
See other thread but new version should fix, and reports all good for all versions of OSX; including old....

Glenn

Posted on
Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:03 am
DrLove offline

The fix didn’t fix it for me but the new version (1.0.1) did!! Good work!

Blog (in Swedish)
Sweden

Posted on
Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:36 am
slambert offline

I just updated to 7.3 and installed the FindmyFriendsMini Plugin. The plugin seems to ignore the preference section of if you want to create a map or not. The map was being created and opening new tabs in Safari so much it would eventually crash the computer.

I commented out the call to godoMapping in plugin.py but and was too lazy to go searching for a code fix in how prefs were read/applied.

Let me know if I'm missing something.

Posted on
Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:07 pm
GlennNZ offline

slambert wrote:
I just updated to 7.3 and installed the FindmyFriendsMini Plugin. The plugin seems to ignore the preference section of if you want to create a map or not. The map was being created and opening new tabs in Safari so much it would eventually crash the computer.

Hi
It does seem that mapping happens regardless of that checkbox - & will fix that, but major use is Control Page maps so most probably using I suspect.
It does only open safari if you have debug Maps enabled - otherwise should just quietly carry-on, which is probably why has gone unnoticed until now.
Glenn

Posted on
Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:56 pm
mgolden50 offline

Hi Glenn,

I have FindMyfriends plugin working and I love the plugin and it's possibilities for presence detection:

I find nowhere to enter my Google Map API Key into the plugin's configuration settings. Am I missing something?

I have unchecked (disable) Googile Map Images But nonetheless Images keep being displayed.

The most troublesome issues is that when the Fiends' iPhones are not moving they report the correct location most of the time. But every so often they report a location up to nearly a mile away from where th e phones actually are. The after some time they report the correct location again. The FindMy app on the phones themselves seem to always report the correct locations. Could this be caused by not having the Google Maps API not recognized by the plugin?

Thanks,

Mike

Posted on
Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:26 pm
GlennNZ offline

FindFriendsMini a new iCloud FindmyFriends Plugin

mgolden50 wrote:
Hi Glenn,

I have FindMyfriends plugin working and I love the plugin and it's possibilities for presence detection:

I find nowhere to enter my Google Map API Key into the plugin's configuration settings. Am I missing something?

I have unchecked (disable) Googile Map Images But nonetheless Images keep being displayed.

The most troublesome issues is that when the Fiends' iPhones are not moving they report the correct location most of the time. But every so often they report a location up to nearly a mile away from where th e phones actually are. The after some time they report the correct location again. The FindMy app on the phones themselves seem to always report the correct locations. Could this be caused by not having the Google Maps API not recognized by the plugin?

Thanks,

Mike

Hi

Google maps support was removed because they moved to a paid only option. Well there was a reasonable amount free given, but easy to head into paid territory and couldn’t sign up without a credit card - so high risk. So the google maps option is now unsupported - this has probably gone/been disabled by google by now and I should remove. (pretty sure a thread here about it)

Here: Google Maps Moves to Paid API Access 11th June
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic? ... source=app

The location issue is interesting. Basically at times the gps lock the apple server has is bad - out by 800m or so. Obviously if deep in a building may happen. Pretty sure I have the triggering, entering, exiting working well within these limits. But the mapping is updated regardless just follows the apple server info. I could look at not updating maps when not high accuracy - although may delay updates...

Glenn

Posted on
Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:29 am
mgolden50 offline

H Glenn,

Now I'm suddenly getting the following error message in the log every time the plugin updates the location information:

FindFriendsMini Error Exception within godoMapping: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 1192, in godoMapping
fileMap = "curl --output '" + file + "' --url '" + drawUrl[0] + "'"
TypeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'
FindFriendsMini Error Exception within godoMapping: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 1192, in godoMapping
fileMap = "curl --output '" + file + "' --url '" + drawUrl[0] + "'"
TypeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

This was not happening earlier. I've attached a screen shot of my Geofence settings.

Thanks again,

Mike
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-01-30 at 10.23.53 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-30 at 10.23.53 AM.png (227.8 KiB) Viewed 11504 times