2FA Verification Code Trigger?

Posted on
Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:17 am
GlennNZ offline

Re: 2FA Verification Code Trigger?

Okay

The pluginProps for that trigger is empty?

If you open the trigger and edit it - what do you see?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:32 am
McJohn offline

GlennNZ wrote:
Okay
If you open the trigger and edit it - what do you see?

Than I see this: (and it's fully editable)
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-09-09 at 15.29.18.png
Screenshot 2022-09-09 at 15.29.18.png (50.72 KiB) Viewed 1396 times
Screenshot 2022-09-09 at 15.29.30.png
Screenshot 2022-09-09 at 15.29.30.png (76.13 KiB) Viewed 1396 times

Posted on
Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:23 pm
GlennNZ offline

I’ll have to do some testing - but at first look - that can’t be the problematic trigger.

The plugin only manages triggers that are selected from its own Event triggers. So in Type of trigger pulldown == FindFriendsMini event, and one of the 3, Geofence enter, exit or 2FA verification.

It will be one of those triggers - perhaps without info selection that is causing issue.

Debug logging probably would sort out which one.

Glenn

Posted on
Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:01 am
McJohn offline

Thanks Glenn.

It's for sure this Trigger that gives that error because I duplicate that Trigger and now there are double errors into the log.
But it's not a big problem for me, the Trigger itself is working well :D

022-09-10 10:09:01.777 Trigger FindFriendsJohnLabel
2022-09-10 10:09:01.777 Trigger FindFriendsJohnLabel copy Test
2022-09-10 10:09:03.358 Schedule trigger "FindFriendsJohnLabel copy Test" (delayed action)
2022-09-10 10:09:03.798 FindFriendsMini Error Caught Exception within Trigger Check
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 2437, in triggerCheck
if trigger.pluginProps["geofenceId"] != str(device.id) or (trigger.pluginTypeId == "geoFenceExit" and triggertype !='EXIT') or (trigger.pluginTypeId == "geoFenceEnter" and triggertype !='ENTER'):
KeyError: 'key geofenceId not found in dict'
2022-09-10 10:09:03.800 FindFriendsMini Error Caught Exception within Trigger Check
if trigger.pluginProps["geofenceId"] != str(device.id) or (trigger.pluginTypeId == "geoFenceExit" and triggertype !='EXIT') or (trigger.pluginTypeId == "geoFenceEnter" and triggertype !='ENTER'):

Posted on
Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:15 am
GlennNZ offline

Hmmm.
Still going to press this one as don’t think explains it. (& cannot replicate)

The error is 3 seconds later, well 2 seconds later, and appears to happen after delay action.
Also if trigger runs (the error would stop event running)…

What are the actions for this trigger? / all-of-them, and does seem at least one delayed action.

Also - the other missing point here is any trigger would kick off the plugin to check ALL triggers. If a setup in any of these triggers - would see this error…. (And the one trigger would potentially still run if was before the problematic trigger)

So my guess is somewhere you have a iFindFriendsEvent - either GeoFence Exit, geofence entry, or 2fa Verification - that is missing some the required info (in this case a geofenceId)…

Posted on
Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:09 pm
McJohn offline

Sorry for the delay.

GlennNZ wrote:
Hmmm.

The error is 3 seconds later, well 2 seconds later, and appears to happen after delay action.
Also if trigger runs (the error would stop event running)…

What are the actions for this trigger? / all-of-them, and does seem at least one delayed action.

So my guess is somewhere you have a iFindFriendsEvent - either GeoFence Exit, geofence entry, or 2fa Verification - that is missing some the required info (in this case a geofenceId)…

I made a copy of the original Trigger and gave that Trigger a delayed action of 2 seconds because I want to see what's happening into the log.
it's a simple FindFriends Device of my Device and this Trigger only copies the Label info into a Variable.; FindFriendsJohnStatusLabel
That Variable is displayed at the control page.

But now I saw that another Trigger (FindFriendsJohn adres) with this Device also gave an error:
(the action is to display the address into the SAME Variable as the other Trigger.
So, we have 1 Variable to display the Label (work or home) or another address

See error below.

And as mentioned earlier, everything is working perfect, it's very strange Glenn.
Don't spend too much time on it, you have made so many beautiful things, that's more important.

PS: Other Triggers of other FindFriendsDevices (other iPhones) doesn't gave that error....

022-09-10 10:12:09.942 Trigger FindFriendsJohn adres
2022-09-10 10:12:12.027 FindFriendsMini Error Caught Exception within Trigger Check

Posted on
Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:33 pm
GlennNZ offline

Ok.Ok. Stand corrected.

Try new version up now.

https://github.com/Ghawken/IndigoPlugin ... e/Python_3

Think it will remove issue, was related to 2FA trigger, earlier check removed issue if was trigger being checked, not if was another trigger type being checked. Think this will sort.

Still think you must have another trigger - because triggering on DeviceState changed isn’t a plugin event…. But sometimes they can be hard to find.

Glenn

Posted on
Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:31 am
McJohn offline

I had to wait until we left but; errors are gone like snow in the sun!
Thanks for the update Glenn, that does the trick!

This case is closed, and thanks again for all your nice work, we are a fan of all your plugins!