Automatic OBD-II Indigo Plugin (discontinued)

Posted on
Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:00 pm
Dewster35 offline

Re: Automatic OBD-II Indigo Plugin

Late night... mistyped. That is the version of Python that I am using.

Did the terminal command and it did seem to do an install of some sort:

Ran this and got this result:

Code: Select all
Server:~ ddewey$ sudo -H pip install -U socketIO-client --ignore-installed six
Password:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/pip", line 5, in <module>
    from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3095, in <module>
    @_call_aside
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3081, in _call_aside
    f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3108, in _initialize_master_working_set
    working_set = WorkingSet._build_master()
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 658, in _build_master
    ws.require(__requires__)
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 959, in require
    needed = self.resolve(parse_requirements(requirements))
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 846, in resolve
    raise DistributionNotFound(req, requirers)
pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: The 'pip==1.5.6' distribution was not found and is required by the application

Again any help is greatly appreciated!

FlyingDiver wrote:
Dewster35 wrote:
Python 2.7.10 is the version of python I am installing.

which is perhaps why I was mixing up the two. Is there a straighforward way to go about installing? I've found this: https://packaging.python.org/tutorials/ ... -packages/
but it is still giving me the No module named pip error message.

DON'T INSTALL PYTHON. It's already on your system and if you install a non-Apple version you'll almost certainly break Indigo or some plugins.

Now, what exactly makes you think you need a different version of Python.

If pip is not installed, you can install it with this command:

sudo easy_install pip

Posted on
Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:24 pm
dgarozzo offline

You might want to try to install pip again, as recommended by FlyingDiver:

sudo easy_install pip

I keep seeing people use pip2.7, so maybe you can also try that?

Dewster35 wrote:
Late night... mistyped. That is the version of Python that I am using.

Did the terminal command and it did seem to do an install of some sort:

Ran this and got this result:

Password:
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3095, in <module>
    @_call_aside
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3081, in _call_aside
    f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3108, in _initialize_master_working_set
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 658, in _build_master
    ws.require(__requires__)
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 959, in require
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 846, in resolve
pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: The 'pip==1.5.6' distribution was not found and is required by the application

Again any help is greatly appreciated!

FlyingDiver wrote:
Dewster35 wrote:
Python 2.7.10 is the version of python I am installing.

which is perhaps why I was mixing up the two. Is there a straighforward way to go about installing? I've found this: https://packaging.python.org/tutorials/ ... -packages/
but it is still giving me the No module named pip error message.

DON'T INSTALL PYTHON. It's already on your system and if you install a non-Apple version you'll almost certainly break Indigo or some plugins.

Now, what exactly makes you think you need a different version of Python.

If pip is not installed, you can install it with this command:

sudo easy_install pip

Posted on
Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:27 pm
dgarozzo offline

Hey all. I updated the plugin again on GitHub. Please download the latest version - 1.0.2. I noticed that I left in some conn.close() calls that will throw an exception because I don't use conn anymore. Plus, I added a polling of updating the states for when the location updates information isn't available yet. So, basically, instead of waiting for location information to show up through the socket connection, it'll make requests for vehicle information every minute. If the vehicle information changes, it'll save it. I also added code to have it call out to Google Maps to get location information based on the vehicle information. Previously, I only called Google Maps when the location update data came over the socket connection. Hopefully this gives you some better data while waiting for your location approval from Automatic.

Posted on
Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:34 pm
Dewster35 offline

Still no dice...

Server:~ ddewey$ sudo easy_install pip
Password:
Searching for pip
Best match: pip 1.5.6
Adding pip 1.5.6 to easy-install.pth file
Installing pip script to /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin
Installing pip3.4 script to /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin
Installing pip3 script to /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin

Using /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages
Processing dependencies for pip
Finished processing dependencies for pip
    @_call_aside
    f(*args, **kwargs)
    ws.require(__requires__)
Server:~ ddewey$

dgarozzo wrote:

sudo easy_install pip

Posted on
Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:39 pm
dgarozzo offline

Does this do anything:

sudo -H pip2.7 install -U socketIO-client --ignore-installed six

Dewster35 wrote:
Still no dice...

Server:~ ddewey$ sudo easy_install pip
Password:
Searching for pip
Best match: pip 1.5.6
Adding pip 1.5.6 to easy-install.pth file
Installing pip script to /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin
Installing pip3.4 script to /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin
Installing pip3 script to /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin

Using /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages
Processing dependencies for pip
Finished processing dependencies for pip
    @_call_aside
    f(*args, **kwargs)
    ws.require(__requires__)

dgarozzo wrote:

sudo easy_install pip

Posted on
Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:22 am
Dewster35 offline

Still saying pip is not found.

Server:~ ddewey$ sudo -H pip2.7 install -U socketIO-client --ignore-installed six
Password:
  File "/usr/local/bin/pip2.7", line 7, in <module>
    from pip import main
ImportError: No module named pip

dgarozzo wrote:
Does this do anything:

sudo -H pip2.7 install -U socketIO-client --ignore-installed six

Posted on
Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:28 am
dgarozzo offline

Ok. I've updated the plugin to include all of the dependencies. Hopefully that will make it much easier for everybody to install. Please get the latest code from GitHub. v1.0.4.

Posted on
Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:03 pm
mlooss offline

dgarozzo wrote:
Ok. I've updated the plugin to include all of the dependencies. Hopefully that will make it much easier for everybody to install. Please get the latest code from GitHub. v1.0.4.

I just installed this new version and now the plug-in is running and I was able to create an Indigo device for my car. :D Now, all I need is to get the approval for my app from Automatic.

Nov 28, 2017, 5:55:56 PM
   Reloading plugin "Automatic OBD-II 1.0.4"
   Stopping plugin "Automatic OBD-II 1.0.4" (pid 5279)
   Stopped plugin "Automatic OBD-II 1.0.4"
   Starting plugin "Automatic OBD-II 1.0.4" (pid 63904)
   Started plugin "Automatic OBD-II 1.0.4"
   Automatic OBD-II                socketIO connect

Posted on
Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:06 pm
mlooss offline

The instruction call for generating two Google API keys, the Google Maps Distance Matrix API and Google Maps Geolocation API. The keys that I got are different for each API, but your configuration asks only for one, which one do I use here?

Thanks

Posted on
Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:44 pm
dgarozzo offline

When I registered for mine, both were the same. I’ll have to do some research to find out why.

Posted on
Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:14 am
DVDDave offline

Has anyone gotten their approval from Automatic yet? It's been 12 days since I applied and I haven't heard anything since they said my request was received.

Posted on
Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:25 am
Dewster35 offline

Me neither. They probably got inundated with home automation apps and were like WTF?

Posted on
Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:55 am
berkinet offline

DVDDave wrote:
Has anyone gotten their approval from Automatic yet? It's been 12 days since I applied and I haven't heard anything since they said my request was received.
I emailed tech support asking for an update and...
Automatic Tech Support wrote:
You would need to email developer@automatic.com for assistance. We respond to all general support tickets within 2 business days, but unfortunately that doesn't include dev support.
My emphasis added. BTW, I can't believe there are that many Indigo users with Automatic hardware, certainly not enough to slow down their entire development support department.

Posted on
Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:51 pm
eme jota ce offline

DVDDave wrote:

Same situation. Submitted request to Automatic on 11/18. No response (beyond 11/18 confirmation email) after 18 days.

Posted on
Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:44 pm
Dewster35 offline

Look at their forums... they only have 1 or 2 people answering support questions. I don't think they are a very big organization. Not that I think that is what is actually slowing them down, but getting a larger than usual request may have given them pause.

berkinet wrote:
I can't believe there are that many Indigo users with Automatic hardware, certainly not enough to slow down their entire development support department.

Page 6 of 11 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11