Google Maps Platform Billing

Posted on
Fri May 04, 2018 9:28 pm
DVDDave offline

Google Maps Platform Billing

Anyone else get an email for Google Maps Platform that you need to enable billing to continue using the service. Probably not a problem since they provide the first $200 free but I figured I'd check in case I'm missing something. Kinda confusing.

--Dave

Posted on
Fri May 04, 2018 9:53 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Google Maps Platform Billing

Yep, being discussed over on this thread.

Posted on
Mon May 07, 2018 8:13 am
DVDDave offline

Hi dgarozzo,

Any chance that you will convert to a different service for location info? I'm not particularly anxious to provide a credit card to Google in case something goes wrong and I start racking up charges without realizing it. Thanks.

--Dave

Posted on
Tue May 15, 2018 3:59 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

DVDDave wrote:
Hi dgarozzo,

Any chance that you will convert to a different service for location info? I'm not particularly anxious to provide a credit card to Google in case something goes wrong and I start racking up charges without realizing it. Thanks.

--Dave

+1
+2
+3

In fact, I just bought the Adaptors for both of our cars, but if I can't get out of using Google Maps for the location data I think I'll just send them back. Talk about crappy timing...

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue May 15, 2018 6:49 pm
roussell offline

I hear ya Jay, I just bought two a couple of months ago myself. Would love to see this updated with other geo options!

Terry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:18 pm
dgarozzo offline

I'm sorry I didn't respond to this earlier. Are you still having problems? Do you have the latest version of the plugin (1.0.6)? Can you enable debug logs and send me them?

The plugin is still working for me, and I have not heard anything about google maps billing.

Page 1 of 1