Roomba Plugin - Discontinued

Posted on
Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:34 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Roomba Plugin - beta tests

Bollar wrote:
Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, or we're misunderstanding each other. What I want is to be able to send the specific error or not ready message to Pushover without having to create a trigger for each type of event that the plugin can report. That's what I currently do with my script.

Sure. Trigger is Roomba Device, NotReady state change (becomes not equal to "0"), then the action is to send the message getting the text from the Roomba Devices's NotReady or ErrorText states.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:39 pm
loafbread offline

I like it! Its great. Thanks for building this plugin. With the homebridge connection, I can now ask Siri to start my Roomba.

Posted on
Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:07 am
GlennNZ offline

Ditto, testing here - all going well
Thanks a lot
Glenn

Posted on
Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:19 am
Bollar offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
Bollar wrote:
Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, or we're misunderstanding each other. What I want is to be able to send the specific error or not ready message to Pushover without having to create a trigger for each type of event that the plugin can report. That's what I currently do with my script.

Sure. Trigger is Roomba Device, NotReady state change (becomes not equal to "0"), then the action is to send the message getting the text from the Roomba Devices's NotReady or ErrorText states.

Sure, I'd like that - especially if I can get that into Pushover. BTW, I came across another not ready state: 15: Low Battery (probably)

Insteon / Z-Wave / Bryant Evolution Connex /Tesla / Roomba / Elk M1 / SiteSage / Enphase Enlighten / NOAA Alerts

Posted on
Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:00 am
FlyingDiver offline

Bollar wrote:
FlyingDiver wrote:
Bollar wrote:

Sure, I'd like that - especially if I can get that into Pushover. BTW, I came across another not ready state: 15: Low Battery (probably)

You should be able to do all that now.

I'll add that new value to the plugin in the next release.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:18 am
FlyingDiver offline

v0.0.3 is now available

Removed state specific trigger events
added generic NotReady and HasError triggers
added NotReadyText device state
added device Info polling and menu action

You'll need to edit your Roomba devices to pick up the state changes. If you used the specific notReady event triggers, you'll need to edit those as well.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:40 am
Bollar offline

Nice, and thanks for the help on Pushover. Aside from a daily firmware check, I've moved my triggers to your plugin. You have Get System & Get Date/Time available as an action, but I can't figure out how to access the results.

And the SQLLogger Error still exists.

Insteon / Z-Wave / Bryant Evolution Connex /Tesla / Roomba / Elk M1 / SiteSage / Enphase Enlighten / NOAA Alerts

Posted on
Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:52 am
FlyingDiver offline

Bollar wrote:
Nice, and thanks for the help on Pushover. Aside from a daily firmware check, I've moved my triggers to your plugin. You have Get System & Get Date/Time available as an action, but I can't figure out how to access the results.

The error should fix itself if you edit the device and save it. If not, you might have to delete it and recreate it. Beta code, you know. ;)

The results of both of those actions are updated state variables. So if you run the action, you can then access the updated variables. That's about all you can do when using standard Indigo constructs. If you wanted to call the actions from a Python script, then I might be able to do something different.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:02 pm
Bollar offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
Bollar wrote:

The error should fix itself if you edit the device and save it. If not, you might have to delete it and recreate it. Beta code, you know. ;)

The results of both of those actions are updated state variables. So if you run the action, you can then access the updated variables. That's about all you can do when using standard Indigo constructs. If you wanted to call the actions from a Python script, then I might be able to do something different.

Got it. I don't think the results of sys info are making it into the device state, though.
Code: Select all
{"ok":{"umi":4,"pid":2,"blid":[xx],"sw":"v1.6.6","cfg":0,"boot":3580,"main":5008,"wifi":10724,"nav":"01.09.08","ui":4582,"audio":31,"bat":"lith","hw":0},"id":1}
I don't know that I need any of the other info, but I am curious to known when sw (and maybe nav) are updated.

Posted on
Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:05 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Bollar wrote:
Got it. I don't think the results of sys info are making it into the device state, though.
{"ok":{"umi":4,"pid":2,"blid":[xx],"sw":"v1.6.6","cfg":0,"boot":3580,"main":5008,"wifi":10724,"nav":"01.09.08","ui":4582,"audio":31,"bat":"lith","hw":0},"id":1}
I don't know that I need any of the other info, but I am curious to known when sw (and maybe nav) are updated.

What call generated those results? I must have missed one from your scripts. Or is that all from the credentials call, and I'm only getting the blid? Is that all static for the machine or does it change over time?

I don't timestamp the last getInfo or GetTime call. Are you looking for a timestamp when they were last updated?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:10 pm
Bollar offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
Bollar wrote:

What call generated those results? I must have missed one from your scripts. Or is that all from the credentials call, and I'm only getting the blid? Is that all static for the machine or does it change over time?

I don't timestamp the last getInfo or GetTime call. Are you looking for a timestamp when they were last updated?

It is the same call as to get blid in credentials ("sys") - I call it once a day. The numbers don't appear to be static - I have assumed they are system diagnostic codes. the only one I track now is "sw" and if the variable I save it to changes,, I send a notification.

Posted on
Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:12 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Bollar wrote:
It is the same call as to get blid in credentials ("sys") - I call it once a day. The numbers don't appear to be static - I have assumed they are system diagnostic codes. the only one I track now is 'sw" and if the variable I save it to changes,, I send a notification.

Got it. I should have that change by tomorrow at the latest. Got a MyQ plugin issue to look at first, and I think I'm going to be setting up a Christmas tree this afternoon.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:36 pm
FlyingDiver offline

The MyQ issue is more complicated to solve and will take a while. And the tree isn't here yet, so I had some time.

v0.0.4 available now.

Added more states
moved blid from device parameter to state
renamed and added some actions

Specifically, what was "Get Credentials" is now "Get Password". I thought the "blid" was part of the authentication credentials, but it's not. Only the password needs to be retained. So blid is now just another state variable.

Also, what was "Get Info" is now "Get Status", and is the immediate status of the roomba. "Get Info" has been added to retrieve the more static information which was missing (other than blid).

You need to edit and save the device to get the new states added.

I have no idea what most of those states actually represent. Bollar is the expert on those. ;)

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:53 pm
Bollar offline

Here's what I know about the Time and Mission states:
Day: Day of week, sun-sat
Time: Time of day
Flags: A decimal representation of binary preference settings. I haven't tried to decode yet - it usually is 3,4 or 5 when running for me.
Cycle: What the robot is currently doing. I have found it returns 'none' or 'clean'
Phase: What part of the Mission the robot is completing. Returns 'charge', 'stuck' or 'run'. If stuck, there will be an error code.
Theta: The direction the robot is pointing.
X: Robot's polar coordinate
Y: Robot's polar coordinate
DBatPctate: (Don't know - typo?)
MssnM: Elapsed Mission duration in minutes.
SqFt: SqFt cleaned.
ErrorCode: Error number from 1 to 18
ErrorText: Error text as documented by iRobot
NotReady: Codes are not documented anywhere - I have discovered 7: Bin Missing, 15: Low Battery, 16: Bin Full
NotReadyText: Text representation of those codes
ID: Always returns 1 for me.

There are other codes that are missing from the Mission states currently being returned in the plugin:
batPct: Battery % remaining.
expireM: Minutes remaining to clear a stuck, pause, not ready, or error event before Mission is cancelled.
rechrgM: Minutes to complete recharging the battery

From the sys command, the only ones I know about are sw and nav.

Posted on
Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:06 pm
FlyingDiver offline

I get mostly the same, except mine is currently showing Cycle=quick. Mine is set for single pass. Is yours single or double?

The version I'm running (0.0.4) is showing batPct, ExpireM, and RechrgM. Do you need to stretch the window?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-12-02 at 5.05.59 PM 12-2.png
Screen Shot 2016-12-02 at 5.05.59 PM 12-2.png (95.52 KiB) Viewed 3818 times

joe (aka FlyingDiver)