Finding Your AppleScripts in Indigo & AppleScript Plugin

Posted on
Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:54 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Finding Your AppleScripts in Indigo & AppleScript Plugin

I've been seeing a lot of AppleScript questions pop up again so I thought I would post a reminder that the latest beta of Mac Commander has a ton of AppleScript tools that allow you to run full scripts saved to your system to writing scripts in Indigo to a utility that will find everywhere you are referencing AppleScript in Indigo.

Even if AppleScript support leaves Indigo, you'll still be able to run your AppleScripts in Indigo using Mac Commander. If you don't want to use AppleScript then the plugin will help you pinpoint the places in indigo you need to fix. If you don't have AppleScript then Mac Command still has a lot of cools stuff in it.

This has been a public service announcement :D.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:46 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Finding Your AppleScripts in Indigo & AppleScript Plugin

The utility that shows where scripts reside is a great addition to the plugin (and will save us from having to do one ourselves)!

One thing I think I should clarify: AppleScripts that target the Indigo Server will not run from anywhere once we remove AppleScript support from the server (nothing a 3rd party can do about that). Indigo will continue to allow users to execute AppleScript from files.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:34 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Finding Your AppleScripts in Indigo & AppleScript Plugin

Great work C4W – this will be very useful for folks!

Page 1 of 1