Finding AppleScripts

Posted on
Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:36 am
Londonmark offline

Finding AppleScripts

Matt/Jay,

I think there was some discussion previously about a tool to help us find AppleScripts. I know I have quite a few embedded in actions and triggers, but it may take quite a long time to find them all... Something equivalent to the Show Dependencies menu option would be great.

LM

Posted on
Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:21 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Finding AppleScripts

Here's what I did and it was pretty easy and fast:

• Open the Indigo database in a text editor, I use TextWrangler. It's XML so no worries about opening it
  • Search for "AppleScriptSCPT" and you'll find everything in Indigo that is referencing AppleScript
  • Find the actions/triggers/conditions/etc that the block references and fix in Indigo

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:42 am
norcoscia offline

How to I find and know what database I'm using with indigo - a few folders on my server pc?

_______
Norm

Posted on
Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:49 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Look at the top of your Indigo client, it will say the name of your database, then find that file under the Indigo 7/Database folder, it will be called "home.indiDb" (or whatever your database name is).

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:57 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

norcoscia wrote:
How to I find and know what database I'm using with indigo - a few folders on my server pc?

Right-click (control-click) the Title in the Main Window in Indigo - it'll show you the full path to the DB file and if you select the first folder under the db name it'll open that folder in the Finder.

Make sure you make a copy before opening it (and open the copy) just to be safe. We're still looking at various ideas for identifying scripts that need to be altered.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:59 am
norcoscia offline

That is what I thought but the one that matches that name is in a folder that has "old" appended to it and that file has not been updated in years (when I look at the mod date)?

_______
Norm

Posted on
Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:01 am
norcoscia offline

OK, thanks Jay I was looking in the wrong folder - any issues with opening it when indigo is running? Never mind I just read that rest of your post

_______
Norm

Posted on
Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:08 am
norcoscia offline

So I thought I had some but the search did not find anything so I guess I got rid of them, I'll find out when I upgrade to 7.2 - BTW, Jay -- when is that coming out :-)

_______
Norm

Posted on
Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:48 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

norcoscia wrote:
So I thought I had some but the search did not find anything so I guess I got rid of them, I'll find out when I upgrade to 7.2 - BTW, Jay -- when is that coming out :-)

Before macOS 10.14 ships. :lol:

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:08 pm
norcoscia offline

Thanks - I hope the electric mouse trap is in the next release - BTW, then you could say.

"Indigo, gentle enough to control your baby monitor but, if needed --- powerful enough to kill"

Feel free to use that one.... :lol:

_______
Norm

Posted on
Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:45 pm
Jann offline

This worked for me too! Thanks all! (I *did* follow what Jay said and copied the db to another folder - Dropbox so i could version it and rollback if I messed it up.)

Page 1 of 1