SecuritySpy 3 Status

Posted on
Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:03 pm
Perry The Cynic offline

SecuritySpy 3 Status

SecuritySpy 3 has been released and caused some issues. It is important that you use the latest versions of both SecuritySpy (3.0.4 or later) and Cynical SecuritySpy (1.4.1 or later).

SecuritySpy 3 introduced a new Motion detection enabled checkbox and a Trigger Time setting. Make sure you have them configured so SecuritySpy actually recognizes motion. Beyond that, motion events seem to work fine now for most people. If you have continued trouble with motion events, you may want to let me and Ben know.

Cynical SecuritySpy continues to work with SecuritySpy 2, and if version 3 doesn't give you anything you want, you can continue to use it without trouble.

Cheers
-- perry

Posted on
Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:44 pm
Dewster35 offline

Re: SecuritySpy 3 Status

Perry,
I'm seeing the following error:

Code: Select all
  Cynical SecuritySpy Error       SecuritySpy Server unavailable: SecuritySpy version 2.1.1 or later is required

I upgraded security spy and your plugin tonight after not running it for several months. Trying to get this to work again without having to buy another motion sensor for the baby room. Any ideas on what I could try? I got an unable to connect error then I restarted indigo and got the above.

Page 1 of 1