GC 2nd device not working

Posted on
Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:59 pm
wiery offline

GC 2nd device not working

I got a WF2IR and was so happy with it that i got a second one, an IP2IR this time. The plugin works great for the first one but the second one gives me nothing at all, it seems to process but nothing happens. The IR codes are right as they work from iLearn. I'm on V6 beta 5. Any ideas ?

Posted on
Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:20 pm
wiery offline

Re: GC 2nd device not working

Some debug data

Stopped plugin "Global Cache 1.0.0"
Starting plugin "Global Cache 1.0.0" (pid 56911)
Started plugin "Global Cache 1.0.0"
Global Cache Debug startup called
Global Cache Debug Starting device: GC Blaster
Global Cache Debug Updating device: GC Blaster
Global Cache Debug Starting device: GC-Attic
Global Cache Debug Updating device: GC-Attic
Global Cache Opening Socket for: GC-Attic to 192.168.1.4:4998
Global Cache Socket opened succesfully
Global Cache Debug Retrieving list of devices from GC-Attic
Global Cache Debug Updating GC-Attic States
Global Cache Debug Syncing all relay modules for GC-Attic
Global Cache Debug Starting device: GC-Blaster-Attic
Global Cache Debug Updating device: GC-Blaster-Attic
Global Cache Debug Starting device: Global Cache Device
Global Cache Debug Updating device: Global Cache Device
Global Cache Opening Socket for: Global Cache Device to 192.168.1.3:4998
Global Cache Socket opened succesfully
Global Cache Debug Retrieving list of devices from Global Cache Device
Global Cache Debug Updating Global Cache Device States
Global Cache Debug Syncing all relay modules for Global Cache Device

22 Feb 2013 18:16:38
Action Group SLX_Power
Global Cache Debug sendir,2:3,1,37878,1,1,34...4,22,63,22,1560,342,85,21,3656,341,86,21,3656,342,85,21,3787
Global Cache Debug completeir,2:3,1

Posted on
Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:18 pm
Perry The Cynic offline

Wiery,

It looks like you are trying to use another plugin for GC devices. You should seek out its maintainer and ask your question there. I'm afraid I cannot help you with this. (Unless you want to switch to my plugin, of course; for which this is the support forum. :-))

Cheers
-- perry

Posted on
Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:54 am
wiery offline

Perry, yeah I realised over the weekend I was using your plugin as I thought I was, the wf2ir worked fine with the other one but ip2ir didn't so I've setup both on your plugin and all working good. Great work on it by the way, love it and security spy one too.

Just one thing Perry, the current version of the plugin, x.xx8 I believe, I have x.xx7 installed but when I downloaded the latest it said it was already enabled, it didn't see it as an upgrade.

Posted on
Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:55 am
wiery offline

*not using your plugin as I thought I was

Posted on
Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:21 am
Perry The Cynic offline

Just one thing Perry, the current version of the plugin, x.xx8 I believe, I have x.xx7 installed but when I downloaded the latest it said it was already enabled, it didn't see it as an upgrade.

I've heard that from others. I have no idea what's going on there; I bump the version number pretty religiously when I send out new versions, but some people say that Indigo just didn't think they were new(er), and they had to uninstall and reinstall to get Indigo to recognize the new ones.

Matt & Co, if you listen in, is there any chance that Indigo has a problem with the double-click-to-upgrade procedure? Or is there something more I need to do, beyond bumping the version in the Info.plist (say, from 1.1.0b5 to 1.1.0b6), to make this work reliably?

Cheers
-- perry

Posted on
Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:16 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Perry The Cynic wrote:
say, from 1.1.0b5 to 1.1.0b6

The version check the Indigo Server does during the install request only parses numerical-dot characters. So in this case if you use 1.1.0.5 and 1.1.0.6 it will successfully know that latter is more recent.

We need to either document that the alpha characters aren't allowed, or improve the parsing. :-)

Posted on
Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:55 am
Perry The Cynic offline

We need to either document that the alpha characters aren't allowed, or improve the parsing.

Any reason why you don't just use Python's distutils.version? It does all the release/alpha/beta stuff just fine, and if you crunch out those odd space characters, you can even use StrictVersion and live a righteous life. :-)

Cheers
-- perry

Posted on
Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:58 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Indigo Client and Indigo Server are what handle the installation of plugins. They aren't written in Python. ;-)

Posted on
Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:09 am
Perry The Cynic offline

Bummer. Hey, Indigo itself has a "b" in its version (right now). You should let us have them, too. :-)

Seriously though, if you don't process the a3 and b7 forms at all, you should flag them. It really confuses your users (well, mine) if they just get ignored.

Cheers
-- perry

Posted on
Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:14 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

We'll improve it in the next version such that when Indigo's version compare notices the versions are not the same but isn't sure which version is more recent (1.1b1 to 1.1b2), it will prompt the user with the option to install and will show both the currently installed version and the new version in the alert. That is, it will both allow them to install it and not tell the user it is the same version (since it isn't).

Page 1 of 1