SecuritySpy 6 Released

Posted on
Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:00 pm
neetorama offline

SecuritySpy 6 Released

It looks SecuritySpy 6 was released yesterday, March 5. Has anyone upgraded yet? Any issues with Perry's plugin?

Posted on
Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:26 pm
autolog offline

Re: SecuritySpy 6 Released

neetorama wrote:
It looks SecuritySpy 6 was released yesterday, March 5. Has anyone upgraded yet? Any issues with Perry's plugin?

I have now installed V6 and from my limited testing all seems OK with the plugin.

You can install a trial of V6 and if you have problems, you can back it out by going to Settings > Registration and revert to V5.

On an initial install yesterday, V6 repeatedly crashed and I had to recover V5 from a Carbon Copy Cloner backup.
I reinstalled it this morning ready to gather debug info and it all worked OK. :?

So before installing V6, I would copy the V5 App from the Applications folder and be ready to copy it back if V6 won't launch.

Posted on
Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:48 pm
GRWilde offline

I upgraded yesterday and had no problems with either version 6 or the latest plugin. The upgrade went very smoothly on my Mac mini running Sonoma.

George Wilde

Posted on
Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:17 am
Lucardos offline

I always used the video images in. Indigo via URL: http://name:password@localhost:8000/++i ... height=xxx

However, that no longer works for me after upgrading to SS V6 and I don't see how I can manage that.
Does anyone know what the URL should look like for SS v6?

Posted on
Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:59 am
jalves offline

In Security Spy itself there is a facility that will generate a url for you. In SS, go to Window>URL generator.

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:35 pm
Perry The Cynic offline

The initial V6 release is missing a few API calls that my plugin uses to control the active state of cameras. That function is broken with the first V6 release. Ben knows and he'll put those APIs back in the next version, so if you use Indigo to control cameras (rather than just listening to them), you may want to wait for the next one.

Other than that, it seems to be working fine.

(Yeah, I had a beta copy of SecuritySpy and missed that little problem. Too much on my plate, I guess...)

Cheers
-- perry

Posted on
Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:46 am
Lucardos offline

Version 6.1 is just released and fixes the API calls.

Page 1 of 1