Update for Python 3 and Indigo 2022.2?

Posted on
Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:24 pm
Perry The Cynic offline

Re: Update for Python 3 and Indigo 2022.2?

Sorry, I don't see a way to reproduce that one.

Try to enable debugging (in the plugin settings) and enter "spy.core,asyn.http" (without the quotes) in the Debug Modules field. Maybe the extra output will shake some helpful evidence loose.

I do have occasionally had users with mysterious UI errors like that which, mysteriously, disappeared when they deleted and recreated the device. Can't say that will help; just saying it helped someone, sometime. :)

Cheers
-- perry

Posted on
Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:09 am
agame offline

i'm seeing exactly the same issue after attempting to edit credentials for a SS server. Aside from being unable to save changes, i cant create a new server - i'm confident the credentials are correct..

i'm seeing the following log errors when i try to create (or edit) a security spy server. Everything had been [apparently] running fine to this point. (there was no change to the output with the additional log config suggested above).

Code: Select all
Cynical SecuritySpy Error in validateIOMConfigUi:
File ".../Server Plugin/cyin/plug.py", line 392, in validateIOMConfigUi
return self._ui._check_ui(values)
File ".../Server Plugin/cyin/configui.py", line 140, in _check_ui
self._check_fields()
File ".../Server Plugin/cyin/configui.py", line 187, in _check_fields
self._ui_values['address'] = getattr(self.iomtype, 'display_address').__func__(self)
AttributeError: 'function' object has no attribute '__func__'

was there any progress on this issue? work-around suggestions?

Posted on
Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:55 am
Perry The Cynic offline

Sigh. I can’t seem to reproduce it, which makes it difficult to diagnose. On top of that, I just went on vacation, so for the next three weeks I’ll be without a Mac. Please be patient. If you can, turn on the debug options I’ve indicated earlier and send me any interesting log output you find.

The obvious work-around is to switch back to the last version, which works fine in the current Indigo.

Cheers
— perry

Posted on
Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:57 pm
agame offline

Thanks for the update, enjoy your holiday!
With the help of Time Machine I've managed to roll back Indigo to get cameras operating again (for clarity, the error first manifested in the earlier version of the plugin when making alterations to a server device and has persisted in the current - so just reverting the plugin wouldn't help).

Posted on
Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:56 am
agame offline

so this is interesting: just tried creating a new garage door in your Cynical Behaviours plugin.

looks like the same issue (warning about validating non-existent red fields, additionally sensor device selection doesn't work).

perhaps this is a clue.

Posted on
Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:06 pm
jroach offline

I am also see the same issue for SecuritySpy. Tried removing the device and reinstalling but still get the Error Validating Fields

Posted on
Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:11 pm
jroach offline

I did update SecuritySpy a few days ago... maybe something Ben changed:

Version 5.4.3 - 16 June 2022
Improved Instant Replay feature in video windows
New option to stretch live images to fill available space
New option to limit full screen display to certain screens
User interface improvements for Dark Mode
Bug fixes

Posted on
Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:13 pm
Perry The Cynic offline

That was a pretty silly bug (caused by the not-so-magical Python 3 auto-conversion tool I used) that sadly only triggers on some code paths, none of which I apparently tested. :-(

Sorry for the delayed response. I went on a three-week vacation (without my laptop - it wouldn't be a vacation otherwise...), and came back with a mild case of COVID to boot, so I slept it off over the July 4 holiday.

Try, try again and let me know if I squashed the last conversion bug, or if you find more. You know how that goes...

And, for the record, it's nothing Ben did. That was all me.

Cheers
-- perry