SecuritySpy Server Unavailable

Posted on
Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:30 am
mpleeds offline

SecuritySpy Server Unavailable

I am unable to connect to the SecuritySpy server. I have followed directions in setting port to 8000 and leaving all other fields blank as SecuritySpy is running on the same computer. After a few minutes of a "preparing" status, I keep getting the following log error:

Cynical SecuritySpy Error SecuritySpy Server unavailable: ('401', 'Unauthorized')

The web server is enabled (port 8000) within SecuritySpy prefs.

Using:
SecuritySpy 4,2.12
Cynical SecuritySpy Plugin 2.4.3
MAC Pro Early 2008, El Capitan 10.11.6
Indigo 7.3.1

Any suggestions?

Merrill

Posted on
Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:49 pm
jroach offline

Re: SecuritySpy Server Unavailable

mpleeds,

I ran into the same problem and after a bit of tinkering I was able to get it to work.

Here is what I did:

First, in SS, go to the Web tab under Preferences. Double click on your account (near the bottom of that page). A new box will open with your settings for that account.
For me, I forgot that I had enabled a password so if you see a username and password then hopefully you will remember what it was. ITIP: to go to the URL (192.168.1.xx:8000) of the server you're trying to access and try the username/passwords until you can get to the SS screen.

While you are in "account area" of SS, you will also want to allow Permission by choosing Administrator or ... I chose Custom with just "trigger motion" (for what I'm trying to do.

I also found that I had only setup 8001 and needed to have them both checked (same tab: web)

Hope that helps.

Posted on
Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:55 pm
jroach offline

Re: SecuritySpy Server Unavailable

correction:

While you are in "account area" of SS, you will also want to allow Permission by choosing Administrator (looks like Custom is not reliable)

It's a WIP

Page 1 of 1