SecuritySpy v5

Posted on
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:24 am
durosity offline

Re: SecuritySpy v5

Well the main reason behind this would be for triggers to say this room hasn’t been occupied for quite some time.. let’s turn off the lights, etc. This is how most of my motion based triggers work at present with my DSC alarm panel and travis/monstergerms plugin for it.. so for example in the hallway if the motion sensor hasn’t detected movement for 5 mins then it’ll turn off the lights. Ideally I’d want the same kind of trigger on your plugin so for rooms where there’s less motion but still presence the same logic would apply.. at the moment in my lounge I have a trigger set for 2 hours of inactivity because of course we might be sitting watching a movie then be plunged into darkness. With this AI functionality I want to be able to change that down to say 30 mins.

As for the presencedetected=yes/no ideally I’d want a slight delay on it changing.. say 1 min.. I want to find some way of getting this into HomeBridge as a presence device because I use a couple of triggers based on that in HomeKit already and that would greatly expand functionality.. I already use this with pressure pads under the bed to determine if we’re in bed or not... maybe that’d work with your switch idea?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:08 am
Grognard offline

My porch camera used to false all the time even after much mucking about with masks and sensitivity (shadows, insects, lizards eating insects). Since upgrading to version 5.0.1 of SecuritySpy and version 2.4.0 of Cynical SecuritySpy it has detected every package delivery and entry/exit (after a little tweaking of the AI Human detection threshold value)!

I initially set the AI Human detection threshold at 85, but found I missed a couple fast moving FedEx delivery workers. Bumping it to 75 has resulted in zero misses and zero false positives over the last couple days. My porch camera can't see any vehicles, so I haven't messed with that setting. The best part is I didn't have to sacrifice my privacy to some giant faceless corporation by sending my camera footage to the cloud to make any of this happen thanks to Indigo's design philosophy and an amazing plugin developer community!

A giant thank you to Perry and Ben!

P.S. If Ben needs any more footage to train image recognition, count me in! My daughter wants to distinguish cats from possums, raccoons, and armadillos (we have all of them in the backyard from time to time; she envisions a system to drive off the wild animals, but not the cats). :)

Posted on
Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:53 am
Perry The Cynic offline

Okay, version 2.4.1 is now out. Rather than dump the outcome of an event into a property or variable, it lets you directly specify when a trigger should fire.

TL;DR: You get a choice of detection types: Motion Capture, Actions, and Specified (custom).

Motion Capture and Action triggers fire based on what you've set in SecuritySpy for the camera (for either motion detection or actions). By default (reason=anything), that's exactly what you get. But you can specify a more narrow reason, like "recognized a human". This is based on the sensitivity settings in SecuritySpy.

Specified (custom) detection lets you explicitly specify what you're looking for: humans, vehicles, or anything. In that mode, you can specify your own threshold that's independent from what's set in SecuritySpy, and different triggers can have different thresholds. Using "detect anything" effectively bypasses the image recognition and fires whenever the picture changes (enough), reproducing the old SecuritySpy 4 behavior for that trigger only.

Try it out and let me know if this helps you solve your difficult picture problems... or why not. :-)

Cheers
-- perry

Posted on
Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:09 pm
Grognard offline

Very cool. What does the "Negate" checkbox do?

Posted on
Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:02 pm
Perry The Cynic offline

Grognard wrote:
Very cool. What does the "Negate" checkbox do?

Invert the logic; i.e. it triggers if there's motion but it doesn't recognize the thing you selected. For example, Vehicle/80/negate means "trigger on motion unless it's almost certainly a car".

Cheers
-- perry

Posted on
Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:38 am
durosity offline

So no timer then?

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:04 am
Perry The Cynic offline

durosity wrote:
So no timer then?

Not built into SecuritySpy. Work with me here.

My plan is to modify Cynical Behaviors' Switch Control device (probably clone it) so it becomes its own device (rather than just switching another device). Then you use a SecuritySpy trigger to mark activity in that device and use its turn-off edge as the timer.

I realize that's more work from your side, but it's way more flexible. It allows you to combine multiple cameras (or door sensors or anything else) to work together to model presence.

If I'm totally missing your point, let me know. :-)

Cheers
-- perry

Posted on
Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:17 am
durosity offline

I think that’ll work... I’m certainly interested in trying it! Does it require work on your side?

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:33 am
Perry The Cynic offline

durosity wrote:
I think that’ll work... I’m certainly interested in trying it! Does it require work on your side?

If you already have a Switch Control device set up (to switch a light or whatever), then you're good to go: Make a SecuritySpy trigger and have it run the Trigger Device Control action for that device.

If you don't, then yes: wait a bit, I'll let you know when the pure presence version of Switch Control shows up in Cynical Behaviors.

Cheers
-- perry

Posted on
Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:02 am
durosity offline

In that case I’ll leave it.. I do have some form installed but it’s quite old and not really setup.. most of my setup has been in limbo for the last couple of years.. need to get a move on and get it sorted really.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:30 pm
Grognard offline

Perry The Cynic wrote:
If you don't, then yes: wait a bit, I'll let you know when the pure presence version of Switch Control shows up in Cynical Behaviors.

I'd be interested in this as well. When combined with human detection in SecuritySpy this would be a nice upgrade to my presence detection in rooms with cameras.

Posted on
Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:48 pm
vtmikel offline

I just started receiving this after upgrading to 2.4.1 and cannot figure out what I've done wrong.

Code: Select all
 Cynical SecuritySpy Error       field "type": missing value
   Cynical SecuritySpy Error       execution of runConcurrentThread abandoned
   Cynical SecuritySpy Error       plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Posted on
Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:54 pm
Perry The Cynic offline

vtmikel wrote:
I just started receiving this after upgrading to 2.4.1 and cannot figure out what I've done wrong.

Code: Select all
 Cynical SecuritySpy Error       field "type": missing value
   Cynical SecuritySpy Error       execution of runConcurrentThread abandoned
   Cynical SecuritySpy Error       plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Dang. That wasn't supposed to happen. :)
Open your trigger(s), explicitly select a Detection: type, and save them. That should fix it. (Of course that never happened to me...)

Cheers
-- perry

Posted on
Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:04 pm
Korey offline

Perry The Cynic wrote:
Dang. That wasn't supposed to happen. :)
Open your trigger(s), explicitly select a Detection: type, and save them. That should fix it. (Of course that never happened to me...)

Cheers
-- perry

Thanks Perry! :D

--
Korey

Posted on
Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:36 pm
vtmikel offline

Thanks this seems to fix it. I had to seek out all my triggers which wasn’t easy but once I did the errors went away.