Triggering actions on SecuritySpy Motion

Posted on
Wed May 16, 2018 12:20 pm
petematheson offline

Triggering actions on SecuritySpy Motion

Fairly urgent question - we had an attempted break in last night. I've hooked up another camera to cover the area better but need a hand with something simple, hopefully.
I have my camera's all set to 24x7 Motion activated.

In Indigo they show as:
Actions = off
Motion = on
Recording = off
Sensitivity = 98
State = Active

Motion is always On and state is always active.
I would have thought Active might change when it was actually recording / detecting motion? Thus at the moment I can't trigger anything that's on motion.

Heeelp!

Posted on
Wed May 16, 2018 1:26 pm
petematheson offline

Re: Triggering actions on SecuritySpy Motion

Think I may have got a step further - checking documentation says you can use the Cynical SecuritySpy Event, with a Camera Motion event.
I've set up a new trigger based on that event, but it doesn't trigger when I can see Security Spy change to actually recording (Red M).

Posted on
Wed May 16, 2018 2:08 pm
siclark offline

Hi Pete, sorry to hear this but good news they couldnt get in and hopefully having failed, and with the cameras, they wont try again.

The active is just that camera is up and working from what I see as well. Its the recording status that shows you its recording, but nothing other than the trigger to show its currently detecting motion.

You can right click the camera in the camera info window in SS and manually trigger a motion recording, that should then activate the trigger in Indigo. I just set up a test one and I could see it action in the log.

Posted on
Wed May 16, 2018 2:09 pm
petematheson offline

Thanks for this.

Literally just got it working by deleting the trigger and re-creating it, weird!

Page 1 of 1