[Answered] Cynical Network:Yamaha RX-V575

Posted on
Tue May 06, 2014 8:00 am
colinpartridge offline

[Answered] Cynical Network:Yamaha RX-V575

Having successfully used the cynical Network Plugin to communicate and control an Onkyo reciever in the house I thought I would look at doing a similar thing for a Yamaha RX-V575 that I use in our kitchen/dining room. All is working well apart from one thing which I don't know how to debug, given the lack of information on the yamaha side of things. The network device is set to autoconnect, which it does regularly every 30 second or so with the following error message;
Code: Select all
Cynical Network Error           yamaha-out error <Ctx!Error OSError(54, 'Connection reset by peer')>

It would appear that the receiver does not like staying connected...has anyone any thoughts on what might be happening here and whether there is a way around it or just normal behaviour. I could connect and disconnect each time I need to update the status or trigger an action but keeping the connection alive seems ideal

cheers and thanks

Colin
Last edited by colinpartridge on Tue May 06, 2014 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Posted on
Tue May 06, 2014 3:21 pm
colinpartridge offline

Re: Cynical Network:Yamaha RX-V575

Answering my own question turns out that the receiver needs a keepalive every 40 secs otherwise the connection is dropped, So all i've done is set up a command to be sent every 35 secs to keep the connection open.
Colin

Page 1 of 1