I copied it to the plain directory

I restarted indigo 6 No signs of the plugin

I imagine that has to do with the need "create a new server device"

ok and where do I do that ??

Posted on
Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:22 pm
captcurrent offline

Re: OK I ams stupid

OK working my way through this self evident documentation (yeah right)

I have figured out that to installed a plugin you have to not only move it to the the plugin folder but double click on it

ok so i am stupid bur a step by step would have helped

I have the security spy server showing up on my devices with an unavailable status

the error log says Cynical Security Error security spy unavailable error 401 unauthorized

I am 99% certain that the credentials are right but can't be sure since the password is masked as i enter it in case their is a stealth drone monitoring my screen

Posted on
Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:31 pm
captcurrent offline

OK I am now locked on "preparing ... "based on the fact that Indigo wanted the security spy web server port

Is it too hard to say that??

I am now gettina a list of errors

the last one say something like plugin run concurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again n 10 seconds)

I do donate for working share ware

Posted on
Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:09 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

captcurrent: I feel obligated to respond here. Perry, as far as I can tell, has never asked for donations - his plugins are completely free with no strings. In fact, most of our 3rd party developers do the same - they don't ask for donations and the plugins and any associated docs are provided as-is. The majority of them are friendly and helpful when asked questions and are usually receptive to politely phrased suggestions.

Please keep all discussions respectful and polite.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:54 am
Chompy offline

Like Jay said, best to be respectful & polite.

That said, perhaps this will help you:

1) In Security Spy, go to Settings > Web Server Settings...
2) Check "Web server enabled on port <specified port>" & "Password protected"
3) Click "Account Settings..."
4) Create a user that has the following permissions:
• Receive Live Video
• Set Camera mode to (Active/Passive)
• Control pan/tilt/zoom [if applicable to your camera]
• Set pan/tilt/zoom preset positions [this one may not be needed, but I have it selected in my settings]
• Allow access to general settings (preferences, etc.)

5) In Indigo, create a new device with type set to "Cynical SecuritySpy" & model "Server"
6) Click "Edit device settings..."
7) Fill in the following info:
• Host (blank if SecuritySpy is running on the same computer as Indigo)
• Port <specified port>
• User/Password
8 ) Click Save & close the new device window

From there, you can use action groups to control the cameras.

Posted on
Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:12 am
captcurrent offline

I did not santo be disrespectful My comment on donations something is I feels appropriate.(and yes some of the plugin developers mention donations) .. People who work on software deserve to be compensated

What chompy does it two paragraphs improves the potential usability of the plugin 100% by assign what need to be done to what product Also through out this documentation i have been often confused by the imprecise use of "server" In have found in these systems while the product is in fact a server the document ion's use of 'server" is actual directed to the products "web server" service

I respect the work done and try ti take as much blame for not understanding upon myself ("I am dumb") but clearer installation instruction would have helped me and I imagine other potential users

Actually as it turns out the issue was simply the need to password protect a user The plugin can't use an unprotected access

I will again apologize if my comments are felt to be disrespectful and intemperate

Page 1 of 1