PluginHost Cynical SSpy not responding in activity monitor

Posted on
Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:26 am
ibicus offline

PluginHost Cynical SSpy not responding in activity monitor

I installed Cynical PlugIn 1.6.1 for SecuritySpy 3.2.1 and Indigo Pro 6.0.10 Pro version on a Mac Mini 2.3GHz Intel Core i5 with 8GB of RAM.
SSpy driver 4 web cams via LAN, I built a little web page for iPhone with the buttons to get web cams active or passive, I also inserted into the web page the status of individual web cam, update status of Indigo 6.
I noticed that when I try to change the status of the web cams Indigo passes to use the 0.2-1 % of CPU over 140% while its IndigoPluinhost unresponsive, even Indigo Server rises to 60-70% of CPU.
I just noticed that the update server takes several seconds to update its state and also that of the web cams.
The only way I have to return the server to respond is reload the plugin in Indigo 6 Plugin menu, then the serverIndigo, Indigo and IndigoPluginHost return to the values ​​of CPU consumption .
I wanted to ask if there was a solution to decrease the times of Indigo response without reload the pulgin.

Posted on
Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:56 am
Bollar offline

Re: PluginHost Cynical SSpy not responding in activity monit

I have seen this problem, but I haven't collected enough data to figure out when/how it happens.

Insteon / Z-Wave / Bryant Evolution Connex /Tesla / Roomba / Elk M1 / SiteSage / Enphase Enlighten / NOAA Alerts

Posted on
Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:04 pm
Perry The Cynic offline

ibicus wrote:
I installed Cynical PlugIn 1.6.1 for SecuritySpy 3.2.1 and Indigo Pro 6.0.10 Pro version on a Mac Mini 2.3GHz Intel Core i5 with 8GB of RAM.
SSpy driver 4 web cams via LAN, I built a little web page for iPhone with the buttons to get web cams active or passive, I also inserted into the web page the status of individual web cam, update status of Indigo 6.
I noticed that when I try to change the status of the web cams Indigo passes to use the 0.2-1 % of CPU over 140% while its IndigoPluinhost unresponsive, even Indigo Server rises to 60-70% of CPU.
I just noticed that the update server takes several seconds to update its state and also that of the web cams.
The only way I have to return the server to respond is reload the plugin in Indigo 6 Plugin menu, then the serverIndigo, Indigo and IndigoPluginHost return to the values ​​of CPU consumption .
I wanted to ask if there was a solution to decrease the times of Indigo response without reload the pulgin.

Not that I know of. It's clearly some kind of bug, likely triggered by some particular SecuritySpy behavior; but I've never been able to reproduce it locally. Do you have any way to provoke this?

Cheers
-- perry

Posted on
Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:30 pm
Perry The Cynic offline

ibicus wrote:

Upgrade to version 1.6.2 (or later). Let me know if that fixes your problem.

Cheers
-- perry

Page 1 of 1