Use camera motion without triggering a recording

Posted on
Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:54 am
jsable offline

Use camera motion without triggering a recording

I am fairly new to using SecuritySpy and have absolutely no experience at all writing apple scripts. I have been using Indigo 6 and the SecuritySpy plugin for little less than a year with much success with what I have wanted to do. Which is basically, door sensor is triggered and camera starts recording (as long as the house is in away mode).
What I would like to do is use my cameras as motion sensors. I recently purchased some GE z-wave light switches and was wondering if it is possible to either have a script or a trigger to detect motion on the camera to turn the switch on, without triggering a recording?
The manual for SecuritySpy states that the cameras have to be in active mode to detect motion. However, in SecuritySpy, the "camera status" window shows motion status, even when the camera is in passive mode. Is there a way to poll the camera status for motion without the camera being in active mode?
If anyone has already done this and can point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated.

~John

Posted on
Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:44 pm
Dewster35 offline

Re: Use camera motion without triggering a recording

I use all of my cameras in active mode all the time for use of this purpose. You could disable video recording I suppose, but that is a feature you may want. I do not use this feature.

Page 1 of 1