Network Plugin & Sony Receivers

Posted on
Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:11 pm
jltnol offline

Network Plugin & Sony Receivers

So I've been banging away not his for days and so far haven't even gotten the receiver to turn on. The receiver is a Sony DA4600ES, and has an iPhone app, so I know this is possible.

Has anyone tried this plugin with a Sony Receiver, and if so any help you can share would be appreciated.. I have what I THINK are the codes if anyone wants to see them, here is the link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iv32alxvvlg6w ... otocol.pdf

What I'm pretty sure of is it uses port 6001, but everything is a mystery. I've tried lots of combinations of lots of things, and so far, nothing is happening.

If I could get ONE THING to work, the rest I'll probably be able to figure out on my own...

Any help would be appreciated!

Posted on
Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:18 am
durosity offline

Re: Network Plugin & Sony Receivers

Serial commands are not my area of expertise.. but i do remember having a sony av receiver many years ago that had a RS232 port.. but it wasn't enabled by default.. might be worth checking if that's the case. Failing that if you can get some kind of local RS232 port you might want to try plugging it in and using the terminal SCREEN command for the relevant port to see if it broadcasts anything.. looking at that PDF it certainly seems to relay current state so at least that way you'd be able to tell if the port itself is working.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:08 am
jltnol offline

Re: Network Plugin & Sony Receivers

Will try this but the GUI is set to allow communication....

Page 1 of 1