Issues with Cynical SecuritySpy after Mac replacement

Posted on
Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:23 pm
aldonc offline

Issues with Cynical SecuritySpy after Mac replacement

Hi,
I replaced my Mini with a new M2 version and everything is running except Cynical SecuritySpy. SecuritySpy itself is also running fine.

I originally copied the Indigo 2022.1 folder (in Application Support/Perceptive Automation directory) from my backup. The plugin started throwing errors on initialization so I deleted it and the preferences then reinstalled from a new download but with the same results. The log output during startup is:
Code: Select all
   Starting plugin "Cynical SecuritySpy 3.1.0" (pid 31154)
   Cynical SecuritySpy Error       Error in plugin execution InitializeMain:

File "plugin.py", line 26, in <module>
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.1/Plugins/Cynical SecuritySpy.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/spy/__init__.py", line 18, in <module>
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.1/Plugins/Cynical SecuritySpy.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/spy/core.py", line 26, in <module>
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.1/Plugins/Cynical SecuritySpy.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/asyn/http.py", line 40, in <module>
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.1/Plugins/Cynical SecuritySpy.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/asyn/ssl.py", line 27, in <module>
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.1/Plugins/Cynical SecuritySpy.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/asyn/vendor/OpenSSL/__init__.py", line 8, in <module>
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.1/Plugins/Cynical SecuritySpy.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/asyn/vendor/OpenSSL/crypto.py", line 3268, in <module>
type: module 'lib' has no attribute 'OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms'

Stopping plugin "Cynical SecuritySpy 3.1.0" (pid 31154)
   Stopped plugin "Cynical SecuritySpy 3.1.0"

The status of the Server Device is Stopped (along with he cameras). I was going to try to create a new Server Device but since the plugin isn't running...

The previous (existing) Server Device was accessing SecuritySpy on port 8000. I don't know if that could be an issue based on some of the errors above?

Any thoughts on what I could try or other info I can provide?

Thanks, Aldon

Posted on
Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:49 pm
aldonc offline

Re: Issues with Cynical SecuritySpy after Mac replacement

In reading through other Cynical posts, I found this info for the weather plugin:

Code: Select all
sudo pip3 install pyOpenSSL --upgrade
sudo pip3 install cryptography --upgrade

That did a minor update to cryptography but did a complete install of pyOpenSSL.

After that it works (well, had to create a new server device and reselect the cameras).

thanks,
Aldon

Page 1 of 1