Plug in can't find any Nanoleaf

Posted on
Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:30 pm
Hap offline

Plug in can't find any Nanoleaf

Recent Nanoleaf firmware update, now the devices that working say no Nanoleaf device found. Nanoleaf remote app and Apple Home see them fine.

Firmware: 6.1.2, Controller 1.4

Code: Select all
 Nanoleaf Error                  Discovering nanoleaf aurora / canvas devices failed to find any. Make sure nanoleaf device is switched on, has been connected to network and is accessible from nanoleaf App

Posted on
Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:26 am
autolog offline

Re: Plug in can't find any Nanoleaf

I seem to be having problems with mine as well. :?

I will investigate but may take a day or two.

What type of Nanoleafs are you using?

Posted on
Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:29 am
autolog offline

I have updated all my firmware and now my canvas has stopped being discovered. :(

I know why the plugin is no longer discovering them; the IP address isn't now being returned by discovery.
I have posted a question / bug report on the Nanoleaf Developer forum and will have to await a response.

There is a potential way round this to allow manual entry of the Nanoleaf details, as opposed to using discovery.
This would require the use of a utility to discover the details e.g.: Discovery - DNS-SD Browser

However, implementing manual input will require a reasonable amount of work to the plugin which I am loathe to do if they are going to fix the issue.

Posted on
Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:37 am
Hap offline

Thanks for looking into this. I have three Shapes setups. One of which died completely about a week ago (new controller on the way).

Posted on
Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:00 am
autolog offline

Nanoleaf have confirmed it is a bug and "Happy to report that this issue has been resolved and will be available in the next firmware release". :)

Posted on
Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:33 am
autolog offline

I have just updated the firmware on my Canvas from 6.2.1 to 6.2.3 and the plugin can now communicate with the Canvas again.

So it looks like the communication issue has been fixed. :D

Posted on
Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:37 pm
Hap offline

Mine are all 6.2.3 (all Nanoleaf Shapes) and the plugin can't see any of them. They still work through Home/Siri, just not the Indigo plugin.

Posted on
Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:00 am
autolog offline

Hap wrote:
Mine are all 6.2.3 (all Nanoleaf Shapes) and the plugin can't see any of them. They still work through Home/Siri, just not the Indigo plugin.

Looks like there is still an issue with firmware 6.2.3 and shapes according to the Nanoleaf developers forum.

I haven't got any Nanoleaf Shapes, only the original Aurora and more recent Canvas which is why I didn't pick it up.

Looks like we have to wait on yet another firmware update! :(

Page 1 of 1