Feature request: Scene as device state

Posted on
Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:09 am
Different Computers offline

Feature request: Scene as device state

Assuming it's on, is there any way to make the active scene the Aurora's device state? I'm thinking of some triggers that would be a lot simpler and run smoother if Indigo could know what scene is (or isn't) running on the device.

Right now it's just ON when a scene is running.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:50 am
autolog offline

Re: Feature request: Scene as device state

Unless I have misunderstood your requirement, you should be already able to do this? :)

The custom device state colorMode is either hs (hue saturation) or effects.
If it is effects , then you can check the custom device state effect which will be set to something like Northern Lights

All the custom device states are available to be checked when you set-up a trigger.

If this wasn't what you meant, could you elaborate further. :)

Posted on
Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:49 pm
Different Computers offline

Re: Feature request: Scene as device state

Well look at that! Exactly what I wanted. Never occurred to me to look there!

Just picked up a second Aurora and the whole initial setup for adding it to your network is MUCH better now. These guys at Nanoleaf are really on the ball. I was particularly impressed when I had to chase down a problem where my first Aurora was working with Indigo and not with their app. They never once tried to point fingers at Indigo, and dug really deep to find the problem and fix it.

Also, this plugin is totally awesome. :lol:

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Page 1 of 1