Nanoleaf Controller - Version 1.0.5 Available

Posted on
Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:14 am
autolog offline

Nanoleaf Controller - Version 1.0.5 Available

I have uploaded V1.0.5 to Github .

Changes in this version are:
  • Added additional error checking in discovery process.
  • Added capability to specify host computer address in plugin configuration.
  • Added Refresh effects List button to Set Effects Action configuration.
  • Title cased Nanoleaf name.
See main announcement post for download link. :)

Posted on
Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:06 pm
dtich offline

Re: Nanoleaf Controller - Version 1.0.5 Available

hiya jon, dl'd the update, now can't control one of the auroras. it sees it on the network, sees both, but the original one is 'no ack' and won't reauthorize. also, when i select 'configure' from the plugin dropdown menu it locks up and throws an error. i'm restarting my server to see if that breaks any of this free.

thanks!

Posted on
Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:22 pm
dtich offline

so restarted, that free'd up the configure menu item - that was accessible for a second*; but the 'no ack' issue persists.

what should i do if the plugin sees the aurora (both are listed as existing with the proper IP address, or, they were anyway, in the log) but has a 'no ack'?

when i try to reauthorize it hangs, then throws a 'can't communicate with plugin error'.

now, after that happened, i can no longer access the config menu.

will try reloading the plugin and then will have to hardware restart the server again to get the config back maybe...?

*when specifying the 'host IP address' is that the computer that indigo server is running on? will that help in my case? that is a static IP.

thanks!

Posted on
Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:31 pm
dtich offline

reloading plugin allowed me to access config menu, started debug logging, reloaded plugin and tried to connect.

here's the log::
Attachments
plugin.log
(269.05 KiB) Downloaded 265 times

Posted on
Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:40 pm
autolog offline

Yes - it is the IP of the the computer that indigo server is running on.

Thanks for the log - I will take a look at it - not sure what is going on. :?

I'll mark this version as a pre-release so that it doesn't prompt for an update.

Unfortunately I am not going to be around much in the next day or so :(

It might be best to revert to 1.0.4?

Posted on
Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:42 pm
dtich offline

now have gotten both auroras online.

not sure what that issue was, but the ad hoc network that the nano sets up is sometimes very finicky and the dance you have to do between establishing wifi creds, and tokens, and authorizing for the indigo plugin and restarting nanos and power cycling... is sometimes maddening. you can't be sure what the issue is but it usually is the aurora getting stuck in some mode or other that either the nano app or the indigo plugin doesn't like, and then you chase your tail.

anyway, all working again for the moment. maybe some of what i sent is useful to you. ???

thanks again!
Last edited by dtich on Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:40 am
autolog offline

The log will be useful. :)

Something isn't quite 100% and I need to pin down exactly what is happening.
Need to figure out what could be causing the plugin to lock-up when you go into the Plugin Config - I can't replicate that (at the moment) :?

In the meanwhile, it is good to know you are back up and working. :)

Posted on
Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:10 pm
chasyori offline

Hi,
here is the log..

thanks for your help

I installed v1.0.5 and still having that problem..
Attachments
plugin.log
(102.75 KiB) Downloaded 236 times

Posted on
Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:46 am
autolog offline

chasyori wrote:
Hi,
here is the log..

thanks for your help

I installed v1.0.5 and still having that problem..

I have checked your log and in the plugin config you have set a host address of 192.168.1.4 which I am assuming is your Apple Mac that is running Indigo?
If that isn't the IP address of your Apple mac running the Indigo server, then it needs to be.

You have also filtered (at the end of the debug check boxes) on that same IP address - this is incorrect.. The nanoleaf device Filter IP address(es) should be empty. That is only used for aiding debugging if you have a lot of Auroras and you want only one or two to appear in the debug log. If this field is used it should contain Aurora IP addresses.

Later on today, I hope to upload a newer version which will output a bit more discovery info to the debug log. :)

Posted on
Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:54 pm
chasyori offline

hi,
I saw in 1 of your other post what should in the ip-address field. wasn't until after I sent the log did I make the corrections,

I reloaded the plugin after making the changes and restarted the computer.

Now I get a ip for a nano leaf of 169.254.182.144 and can actually authorize it with a token. and when added as a device the state is NO Ack.

The actual ip dress I have for my nano leaf is 192.168.1.4.
Attachments
plugin.log
(11.11 KiB) Downloaded 248 times

Posted on
Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:32 pm
howartp offline

169.* is a reserved block of IP addresses used when a device is set to pick up a DHCP address from router (or server in corporate environment) but doesn't get a response.

I've a feeling another user had this problem in the Nanoleaf subforum on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:02 am
autolog offline

chasyori wrote:
hi,
I saw in 1 of your other post what should in the ip-address field. wasn't until after I sent the log did I make the corrections,

I reloaded the plugin after making the changes and restarted the computer.

Now I get a ip for a nano leaf of 169.254.182.144 and can actually authorize it with a token. and when added as a device the state is NO Ack.

The actual ip dress I have for my nano leaf is 192.168.1.4.

Not sure what is going on here but looking at your log, you still have the nanoleaf device Filter IP address(es) field in the plugin config set to to 192.168.1.4. This field should be blank.

What the log is telling me is:
new nanoleaf device [D6:CA:88:6A:11:C7] discovered at address: 169.254.182.144 and not yet assigned to Indigo device

Then it is telling me:
Start NOT performed for 'Bedroom Nanoleaf' as nanoleaf device with ip address '169.254.182.144' not included in start filter

I concur with @Howartp that the address that it found for the nanoleaf device is odd - I would expect it to be in the 192.168.1.x range :?

So please edit the plugin config field, clear the filter field, save the plugin config and reload the plugin. Then attach the log so we can see what happens next. :)

Hopefully we are getting closer to discovering what the issue is. :)

Posted on
Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:54 pm
Different Computers offline

Somewhere between the plugin and my network, there's trouble.
Code: Select all
Nanoleaf Error                  Discovering nanoleaf devices failed: Socket error while setting up discovery of nanoleaf devices!: [Errno 49] Can't assign requested address

The odd thing is that a few times, the plugin has found the device and it works for a while. But mostly not.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:36 pm
chasyori offline

corrections made.. its still finds that 169. block

thanks for your help.
Attachments
plugin.log
(12.71 KiB) Downloaded 255 times

Posted on
Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:45 pm
Different Computers offline

If you're getting 169. addresses, you either have no DHCP server on your network and are "managing" it via zeroConf/Bonjour, or there are some really odd networking problems in your LAN.

Most likely, the plugin is somehow able to find the device even though it isn't on the local subnet, but once it does so, it can't reliably send data to it.

Even more likely: the Aurora is not properly/fully connecting to the network. Is it possible you're out of DHCP addresses? It seems it can JOIN the network ok, but then it can't get a valid address so it makes up one on the 169 subnet.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.