Nanoleaf light panels (Legacy thread)

Posted on
Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:28 am
autolog offline

Re: Nanoleaf light panels

Posting a quick update before I close down for the day and enjoy a Saturday evening. :D

With the plugin I can now do the following:
  • Turn the Aurora On and Off
  • Change the White Color Temperature and White Level
  • Use the UI Color Picker to change the colors
  • Handle the majority of the UI Light/Appliance Controls ( an Indigo bug/feature of set RGBW Levels control means it doesn't work correctly at the moment) :|
Next steps are to:
  • Add in the selection and execution (via an Action Group) of pre-defined Aurora Effects
  • Support nanoleaf authorisation (I have currently hard coded my specific device authorisation code into the plugin) so I need to generalise this)
  • Tidy up nanoleaf device discovery handling
So this will likely take up to another week as I am not on it full time.

Thought it useful to let interested parties know that progress is being made. :)

Posted on
Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:14 pm
Different Computers offline

AWESOME!!!

Pretty sure this will mean Indigo will be first to integrate Aurora.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:16 pm
peteinau offline

Hi,

Sounds great! Can't wait, thanks in advance for all the hard work!

Thanks,
Pete

Posted on
Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:56 am
autolog offline

I have now released the first version of the nanoleaf plugin - see this post. :D

Posted on
Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:41 pm

Looks amazing!

One thing I'm unclear about: how does the plugin discover effects on an Aurora, and does it offer some sort of list of them or do you just specify them to match their names in the Nanoleaf app?

(Can't just experiment because I'm not at home.)

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:04 pm
autolog offline

Different Computers wrote:
... how does the plugin discover effects on an Aurora, and does it offer some sort of list of them or do you just specify them to match their names in the Nanoleaf app? ...

The plugin builds a dynamic list of effects retrieved from the nanoleaf Aurora for you to select and save with the action:

nanoleaf_set_effect.png
nanoleaf set effect
nanoleaf_set_effect.png (137.3 KiB) Viewed 5326 times

I will add this into the documentation when I do the next update. :)

Posted on
Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:07 pm

PERFECT!

This is going to be so great.

Posted on
Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:12 pm
autolog offline

Just posted V1.0.1 which fixed a bug in the polling logic I just spotted + the documentation has been updated. :)

That's it for today - I will pick up any bug/ feedback reports etc tomorrow morning at some point. :)

Posted on
Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:29 pm

Code: Select all
nanoleaf Error                  StandardError detected in 'handleNanoleafLampMessage'. Line '358' has error=''NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__''

Jun 12, 2017, 6:21:30 PM
   nanoleaf                        Unable to process  "SetColorLevels" for "Wall Art" as device not connected

and that's with the device config saying it's Authorized. Token in place. Even redid it, seemed to be successful, then these log entries. Where do the debug entries live?

Posted on
Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:23 pm
dtich offline

fantastic, so appreciate this!!

thank you!

question: it is not discovering my aurora. the iOS app controls it fine. i have pressed power button gotten flashing lights on aurora, but still no discovery.

is there some reason this might not be on my local net? or .. that the indigo server can't see it? i'll get more into it tonight when i'm home (been trying it remotely with wifey running around pressing buttons :D ) but, if anyone knows a particular bugaboo with the local net discovery i can be hipped to, i'd welcome the note.

thanks again for all the work, really great.

Posted on
Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:28 am
autolog offline

Looks like I need to enhance the error processing to make it more informative.

I'll look at this now and try and post an update a bit later today. :)

@ditch: When you go to create a new device, is your Aurora's IP address listed in the the Nanoleaf Device pulldown list in the Configure nanoleaf Device dialogue?

@Different Computers: Once you have completed the saving of the new nanoleaf device - what details are shown in the Indigo Device UI for the device?

Posted on
Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:06 am

what details are shown in the Indigo Device UI for the device?

I don't recall drilling down, because in the main device window I just had a "No ack" notification.

Posted on
Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:53 am
dtich offline

@autolog , no, not listed. haven t gotten the ip field to populate. tried many diff ways. have reset the aurora and reinitialized in the control app. still not found by plugin.

thanks for any thoughts on next steps!

Posted on
Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:14 am
dtich offline

note: my firmware seems to say 1.3.3.. and that there is no update when asked. this could be the issue? how.. can i solve this.

i'll post to nano leaf fora as well.

thx

Posted on
Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:23 am
autolog offline

@dtich: Just to double check, when you start (or reload the plugin), you get this message in the log (amongst others):
Discovering nanoleaf devices on network - this should take ~10.0 seconds . . .
(or however many seconds you have discovery set to). Then you are seeing:
Discovering nanoleaf devices failed to find any nanoleaf devices. Make sure nanoleaf is switched on, has been connected to network and is accessible from nanoleaf App?

Have you got anything else running using port 1900? Try this command to check as detailed in this post :)

I feel a certain sense of déjà vu coming on following my discussions on the Alexa-Hue bridge thread. :wink:

UPDATE: Firmware needs to be 1.5.0 as a minimum :)