Nanoleaf light panels (Legacy thread)

Posted on
Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:50 am
Different Computers offline

Nanoleaf light panels (Legacy thread)

[MODERATOR NOTE] This was the original thread in the hardware support forum when the panels first became available. Now that autolog has developed a plugin for them we've moved this thread to his forum and locked it down (but retained read-only for reference). Just create a new topic for any questions.
----------------------------------
These look very interesting.Though there's limited info about an API, I hope it ends up being open enough that Indigo can support it. The existence of Siri and Alexa integration makes me hopeful.

Last edited by Different Computers on Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:26 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Nanoleaf light panels

That is pretty neat/unique. Hopefully they will provide a direct API to communicate with them (and not just a cloud based API).

Posted on
Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:26 am
mat offline

I'm guessing we can't dance on them! :shock:

Late 2018 mini 10.14

Posted on
Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:09 am
dtich offline

+1. interested in indigo control of nanoleaf aurora.

Posted on
Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:36 am
gg2 offline

Is anyone having a crack at adding such a Plugin? The nanoleaf works really well from the iOS App. It creates very effective and varied moods in a room - plenty of light / good color range.
Being able to sync it with the rest of the house through Indigo would be most excellent.

Posted on
Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:53 am
howartp offline

The API ain't due till May.

Once plugin devs see the api, we can see if any of us fancy it.

Colour work is Autolog and DaveL17's remit to start off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:04 am
gg2 offline

Thanks for the update, and appreciate you looking at this.

Posted on
Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:31 am
ckeyes888 offline

+1 on Indigo control. Very cool lights as they are but the possibilities get amazing if colors could represent
different alerts, reminders, situations etc.
Alexa control works fine without any conflicts with the plugin that I've come across.
Biggest issue I have is our rather rustic log home decor doesn't really fit its clean tech look.
Too bad...I'm hopeless when it comes to cool lighting.

Carl

Posted on
Sun May 21, 2017 4:36 am
peteinau offline

Just got my Nanoleaf, loving it! Here's hoping someone can develop a plugin for it :)

Thanks,
Pete

Posted on
Sun May 21, 2017 7:59 am

I see the website says they've completed the open API, but I sure can't find any info on it on the site.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Mon May 29, 2017 12:25 pm
dtich offline

emailed the company for api and guide info, don't know if anyone has heard from them, but i'll post as soon as i do.

bump.

Posted on
Mon May 29, 2017 12:33 pm
dtich offline

they already replied, setup a dev account in one minute and yes, the api and doc is right up there. and out of beta it seems. excellent. i myself have not the facility to mess with this at the moment, but hopefully others may!:

Hi Dtich,

Sure is! You can find the documentation here: http://forum.nanoleaf.me/forum. Just remember to log in and opt in as a developer to gain access to the documentation!

If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out!

Cheers,
Chris
--

The Nanoleaf Team
http://www.nanoleaf.me
follow us on twitter @nanoleaf
like us on facebook: fb.com/thenanoleaf
follow us on instagram @nanoleaf

Posted on
Mon May 29, 2017 1:46 pm
howartp offline

The API definitely looks doable by a plugin developer, but the nature of the beast would really require the developer to own some NanoLeafs.

For those who haven't yet signed up, it's a JSON api - the following is one such command so you can see the format/structure and decide if you're interested in going further:

Code: Select all
Endpoint:  /api/v1/<auth_token>/state
Request :  PUT
Request Body:  {"on" : {"value":true}}
Response:  204 No Content
Response Body:  None
Error:  401-Unauthorized, 400 Bad Request, 404 Resource Not Found

Posted on
Mon May 29, 2017 4:12 pm

Who's up to kick in for a dev with an established track record to get his or her first set of panels underwritten? I'm willing to go in for 1/4 of the purchase price, so hopefully at least 3 others. If we get more than that, I suggest we divide up the cost equally.

A starter set is $200. So if there are 10 interested parties, it's only $20 to buy in!

Posted on
Mon May 29, 2017 6:02 pm
dtich offline

count me in