"Access Forbidden to nanoleaf canvas device!"

Posted on
Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:13 am
Different Computers offline

"Access Forbidden to nanoleaf canvas device!"

"Press and hold the power button for 5-7 seconds first! (Light will begin flashing)"

I did and it does. I even moved the Canvas in to the room where my desktop is so I could have only a second or so delay between the lights flashing and clicking Authorize. Still "access forbidden."

Any fix for this besides resetting the Canvas totally and re-adding it to my HomeKit? For perhaps the first time, the HomeKit side is working fine, but Indigo has lost communication with this one panel set. Two other panel sets are working fine.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:30 am
autolog offline

Re: "Access Forbidden to nanoleaf canvas device!"

Is it the same / similar problem as this post about the latest firmware: Plug in can't find any Nanoleaf :?:

What firmware level are you running on each of your canvases?

Posted on
Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:55 am

Firmware 6.2.1.

Thanks for the info. I'll wait for the next update.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:34 am
autolog offline

I have just updated the firmware on my Canvas from 6.2.1 to 6.2.3 and the plugin can now communicate with the Canvas again.

So it looks like the communication issue has been fixed. :D

Posted on
Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:24 am

Seems I’ve again lost connectivity to that same set of Canvas panels. They’re updated to the latest firmware.

Tried: Reauthorizing by holding power until the flashing lights. Nope.

Power cycling. Then the above. Nope.

Only thing I can think of that I haven’t done is remove them from HomeKit and or hard resetting them.

The Indigo plugin sees the panels, but Indigo can’t get an authorization. Any ideas?

Posted on
Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:08 am
autolog offline

Different Computers wrote:
Seems I’ve again lost connectivity to that same set of Canvas panels. They’re updated to the latest firmware.

Tried: Reauthorizing by holding power until the flashing lights. Nope.

Power cycling. Then the above. Nope.

Only thing I can think of that I haven’t done is remove them from HomeKit and or hard resetting them.

The Indigo plugin sees the panels, but Indigo can’t get an authorization. Any ideas?

Has the IP Address changed for the Canvas? Try clicking the Update IP Address button while in Edit Device Settings.

If that fails to fix it and let you re-authorise, I would try a hard reset and start from square one.

I have just double checked my Canvas and it is connecting OK on firmware version 6.2.3.

Posted on
Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:06 pm

Mysteriouser and mysteriouser!

Indigo reports an unknown Nanoleaf device at an IP address I can ping, but my Unifi router doesn't know anything about the associated MAC address as reported by Indigo.

Weirder still, it reports my oldest Nanoleaf as discovered, but the IP address for that device is the one that is listed as belonging to an undiscovered device!

All of this while all the devices are working in HomeKit.

Posted on
Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:31 pm

After more investigation, it seems that my first set of panels was somehow being discovered as "new" even though it was set up and working fine with Indigo. I went into the Indigo device and chose them again, and now the plugin does not discover ANY new stuff... which would be great, except that I have a third set that is currently not set up in Indigo. The plugin does not see them, though I can confirm they're on my same old network they have always been on, and they work fine with HomeKit or the Nanoleaf app.

Posted on
Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:02 pm

I've now tried both a soft and a hard reset. The Canvas is again connected to the Nanoleaf app and to the Home app, but is not discovered by the Nanoleaf Plugin in Indigo.

Any other ideas?

Posted on
Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:25 am

More info:

After extensively searching my Unifi Clients, the Canvas in question, which works fine via HomeKit even now, does not show up as a client device. Searching by MAC address finds nothing that matches. No unidentified devices on the network.

The Nanoleaf app (which also works with this Canvas) does not have a way to check IP address. Neither does the Home App. But again, the Canvas that can't be reached via the Indigo Nanoleaf plugin *works with Home and the Nanoleaf app.*

Is there some sort of non-IP based method of communication that HomeKit uses? I don't understand how a device can be functioning on my network and not visible to my Unifi dashboard.

Posted on
Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:45 am
FlyingDiver offline

Homekit can use Bluetooth.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:46 pm

Seems I had the Canvas mis-identified as another device entirely.

After yet another hard reset, AND waiting a while after a reload of the Nanoleaf plugin found the "new" device, setting it up in the plugin finally found the device.

It's once again in Indigo!

Page 1 of 1