Socket error while setting up host.....[Errno 8]

Posted on
Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:09 pm
joeaug offline

Socket error while setting up host.....[Errno 8]

Hi. I'm successfully running Indigo 7.4 on a MacBook running Mac OS 10.13.6 and I've been trying to add Nanoleaf support using the 1.4 plugin. The MacBook and the Nanoleaf Canvas are on the same wifi network and the MacBook can definitely see the Nanoleaf controller.

When I launch the plugin and it gets to the point in the log when I'm told " (discovery) This will take 30.0 seconds) a plugin error message appears:

Discovering nanoleaf aurora devices failed: Socket error while setting up host 'macbook.lan' discovery of nanoleaf devices!: [Errno 8] nodename nor servname provided, or not known

I've tried putting the Nanoleaf into discovery mode but apparently the problem is on the MacBook? Anyone have any ideas? Hoping some of you still read this topic.

Thanks

Posted on
Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:57 am
autolog offline

Re: Socket error while setting up host.....[Errno 8]

joeaug wrote:
... I've tried putting the Nanoleaf into discovery mode but apparently the problem is on the MacBook? Anyone have any ideas? Hoping some of you still read this topic.

Try specifying the Host IP Address in the plugin config as eg. 192.168.2.10 or whatever the IP address of your Indigo Mac is. :)

Posted on
Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:40 am
joeaug offline

Thanks, but I should have mentioned that I tried entering the IP address for override several time too. When I get to the "Configure Nanoleaf Device" window, all I get is the "No available nanoleaf devices discovered" choice. I cannot enter in a device ID, a MAC address, an IP address - and I wouldn't expect to, I guess, since it looks like that needs to be discovered? I know I am entering the correct IP for the nano leaf controller because I can hit it with other devices on the network. It's a Nanoleaf Canvas if I didn't;t already mention that .

Any ideas are appreciated

Posted on
Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:57 pm
autolog offline

In the plugin configuration, are you entering the IP address of your Indigo Mac. Your post seems to be imply that you are entering the IP Address of the Nanoleaf Canvas, which if you are is incorrect. :?

Posted on
Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:17 pm
joeaug offline

I am totally entering in the address of the Nanoleaf controller and not the Indigo Server Mac :P

Let me give it a try the correct way and see what happenes LOL

Thanks so much for helping a newbie!

Posted on
Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:41 pm
joeaug offline

It's amazing how things work when you follow the clearly listed instructions and don't jump to the conclusion that you know what it says and don't need to carefully read them :lol:

Thanks for the help and for producing such great plug-ins!

Posted on
Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:44 am
autolog offline

That's good news – pleased you got it working OK. :)

Page 1 of 1