Plugin doesn't seem to work - gives RGB Conversion error.

Posted on
Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:01 am
thumpinc offline

Plugin doesn't seem to work - gives RGB Conversion error.

I used to have the plugin working perfectly. Then one day I started seeing 'no ack' from our various Nanoleaf devices. I deleted the plugin and the devices and attempted to set them up as new. No luck.

First I get ' RGB conversion for device update with error 'One or more of Hue/Saturation/Brightness is missing'

Then the plugin times out.

Error (client) timeout waiting for plugin response from com.autologplugin.indigoplugin.nanoleafcontroller for request UiAction
Error (client) timeout waiting for plugin response from com.autologplugin.indigoplugin.nanoleafcontroller for request GetUiDynamicList

Nov 10, 2020 at 1:55:25 AM

Error (client) timeout waiting for plugin response from com.autologplugin.indigoplugin.nanoleafcontroller for request UiAction
Error (client) timeout waiting for plugin response from com.autologplugin.indigoplugin.nanoleafcontroller for request GetUiDynamicList
Error (client) received unexpected packet response UiAction (waiting for UiValidate)
Error (client) received unexpected packet response GetUiDynamicList (waiting for UiValidate)
Error (client) received unexpected packet response UiAction (waiting for UiValidate)
Error (client) received unexpected packet response GetUiDynamicList (waiting for UiValidate)

Nov 10, 2020 at 1:55:57 AM
Nanoleaf Error Error in plugin execution UiAction:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 885, in authoriseNanoleaf
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/Plugins/nanoleaf.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/nanoleaf/discover_nanoleaf.py", line 110, in generate_auth_token
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/requests/api.py", line 111, in post
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/requests/api.py", line 57, in request
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/requests/sessions.py", line 477, in request
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/requests/sessions.py", line 587, in send
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/requests/adapters.py", line 493, in send
ReadTimeout: HTTPConnectionPool(host='192.168.86.142', port=16021): Read timed out. (read timeout=None)

Posted on
Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:13 am
autolog offline

Re: Plugin doesn't seem to work - gives RGB Conversion error

Sorry you are having problems with the plugin accessing your Nanoleaf devices. :|

I have just checked my system which comprises two sets of Aurora panels (NL22) and one Canvas [NL29].

I had to update the Nanoleaf firmware to 3.3.6 [NL22] and 1.6.4 [NL29]. I then had to reauthorise the Nanoleafs to Indigo.

Having done that, all is working as expected.

Can you provide a bit more detail about your issue, I am unclear as to what point you have got to and what you are doing when the error occurs. Are you trying to setup the devices or control them?

Posted on
Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:55 am
thumpinc offline

I had three Nanoleaf Aurora devices set up in indigo and working for well over a year. A couple of weeks ago I replaced my router. Most everything else went right back to working but the Nanoleaf Aurora setup did not. The indigo nano leaf devices stopped working.

I removed the plugin and deleted all of its devices. I then installed again. After scanning for nano leaf devices I found the one I wanted to use. I went through setting up a new item I called NEW DEVICE 3. Right after it started up I got the same error again. Please see below.

Nov 23, 2020 at 12:49:21 AM
Nanoleaf Starting 'new device 3' . . .
Nanoleaf . . . Started 'new device 3'
Nanoleaf Error Status not updated for 'new device 3': RGB conversion for device update with error 'One or more of Hue/Saturation/Brightness is missing'

How can I fix so I can use the Aurora plugin again?
Is this on the Aurora side? The one Im trying to install to has latest firmware. ...Do I need to reset the Aurora?

Thanks!

Posted on
Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:43 am
autolog offline

I have just managed to reproduce the error. :(

I am not sure what the cause is as when I last used it a few weeks ago it was working fine. :?

I am running my nanoleafs from my development system which I have upgraded to Big Sur, so not sure if that is related?

What version of Indigo and OS are you on?

I will take a look at this and see if I can work out what is going on. I will report back when I make progress on it. :)

Posted on
Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:40 am
thumpinc offline

My Indigo setup is still running on Catalina. Could it be the Nanoleaf API was somehow updated?

Posted on
Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:52 am
thumpinc offline

Also I notice that after a while the Nanoleaf plugin can hang after which I will start to have issues with other plugins because Indigo Plugin Host appears to crash. Not sure if that is helpful.

Posted on
Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:02 pm
autolog offline

I can't see any evidence that the API has changed. :)

I will have to do some detailed debugging stepping through the code. I will make every effort to do this within the next week. :)

Posted on
Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:26 pm
thumpinc offline

Thanks much. I use my various Auroras to signal using colors for various events throughout the house. Very useful for our younger kids during Covid

Posted on
Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:00 am
autolog offline

I have done some further testing and debugging with my two Aurora devices.

Since I have upgraded the firmware, I am having a lot of connection problems with them, so that even the nanoleaf App was saying that there was a network problem. The Indigo state was 'no ack'.

I decided to factory reset the first Aurora and re-pair it to the App. After a number of attempts I managed to achieve this. However it took a while 20 minutes or so before it settled down with no errors. I then re-authorised it to Indigo and again it took a while to settle down (getting network errors). having factory reset the first one, the second one started behaving itself. :?

Finally as I write this they are both working. I can turn them on and off, alter the brightness and change the colours.

So this leads me to believe it is a networking issue with the Auroras with firmware version 3.3.6 as the plugin appears to be (eventually) working correctly with no changes made.

The plugin uses a python library to interface to the nanoleafs and that hasn't been changed in a while.

I have had no problems with connection to or controlling my canvas device.

There appear to be a few recent posts on Reddit about firmware version 3.3.6 and related connectivity problems to light panels (auroras).

I can only suggest that you try a factory reset and see if that helps (maybe one device at a time). :|

Posted on
Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:06 am
autolog offline

I have found this post which may be helpful: My Light Panels are Showing Up as Unreachable or Not Connected :)

Posted on
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:09 am
autolog offline

... and now they keep getting intermittent connection problems and delayed responses in both Indigo and the iOS nanoleaf App. :(

There is definitely something strange going on with the devices and I can't immediately make any sense of it. :?

So I have factory reset the second Aurora and see if that makes any difference?

Posted on
Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:15 pm
thumpinc offline

Thanks for looking at this so carefully. I've had no problem with our three Auroras from the app or from Alexa, but clearly it has something to do with the update. Please let me know what you discover after your other reset. Thanks again for a useful plugin and for looking at it.

Posted on
Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:16 pm
thumpinc offline

So, are you thinking the plugin will no longer work, or should I reset the nano leafs, or how should I proceed you think?

Posted on
Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:28 am
autolog offline

Unfortunately, I am not making any progress on resolving this. :(

I believe it is a networking issue of some sort. I use UniFi kit and having done a recent update, my nanoleaf Auroras are not connecting reliably enough to be useable via the plugin. I am also experiencing a lot of issues when using the nanoleaf App. There are posts on the UniFi forums about this.

Looking at your earlier posts, I note that the issues started happening after you upgraded your router.

It is difficult to know what to suggest. You could try resetting them but I am not confident that this will resolve the issue as I have tried that multiple times.

I won't be able to do anything more on this in the short to medium term, or until there is another nanoleaf firmware release or UniFi firmware update.

Nothing has changed in the API and therefore the library I am using should be OK.

Apologies that I can't immediately sort this and will post back here if anything changes.

Page 1 of 1