Security Camera - Example usage

Posted on
Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:54 pm
bkmar1192 offline

Security Camera - Example usage

Here is how I have my cameras setup to give an idea of how to use the different images that are produced.

Main.png
Main.png (467.55 KiB) Viewed 1798 times

A: The small view of each camera uses the CurrentImage.jpg file used in each of the specific camera folders. Clicking on the image runs the Master Image action setting the master image to the specific camera.

B: This refreshes the Master1.jpg image contained in the base folder. This is actually a symbolic link that points to the currently selected Master Image (changed through the Master Image action referenced above).

C: This shows the recording 1 state (the date and time of the most recent recording). It is also a link that switches to the detail camera page.

Detail2.png
Detail2.png (436.99 KiB) Viewed 1798 times

A: Thumbnail00[1-9].jpg from the camera's image folder. This represents the last 9 recordings. Clicking on any one of the recording changes the Master2.jpg, the show 20 seconds (20 frames) of the most recent recording.

B: This is a refreshing version of Master2.jpg from he base camera folder. This is a symbolic link to either the MasterImage (if that was the last item selected) or the 20 frames of the last selected recording.

iPhone.png
iPhone.png (246.23 KiB) Viewed 1798 times

On my iPhone sized screen I use the CarouselImage.jpg found in the base directory. This cycles through all of my cameras, switching cameras every 4 seconds. Clicking on the image runs the Pause Carousel action that stops the switching.

I also have a trigger setup that when the cameras detect motion it runs the Mosaic action (2x3 of the last 6 images) that I then text to myself.
Last edited by bkmar1192 on Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:35 am
jalves offline

Re: Example usage

Thanks so much for posting this. I was considering making a page very similar to this and you've given me some excellent ideas for implementation.

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Page 1 of 1