Security Camera Plugin

Posted on
Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:50 am
bkmar1192 offline

Re: Security Camera Plugin

It was originally written for 6 so should work fine (I have since moved to 7 and works there too). I actually developed it for a replacement for EvoCam. I was tired of EvoCam taking huge CPU cycles and I am too cheap to buy SecuritySpy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:10 am
Different Computers offline

Sadness:
Code: Select all
 Upgrading plugin Security Camera to newer version 1.3.9 (previous version moved to trash)
   Loading plugin "Security Camera 1.3.9"
   Starting plugin "Security Camera 1.3.9" (pid 22624)
   Started plugin "Security Camera 1.3.9"
   Security Camera Debug           Starting Loop
   Security Camera Debug           Main Dir/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/IndigoWebServer/video
   Security Camera Debug           Recording Flag0
   Security Camera Debug           Play Recording0
   Security Camera Debug           Start Master Image Copy
   Security Camera Debug           0
   Security Camera Debug           Master Camera image not found.
   Security Camera Debug           Camera List Build
   Security Camera Debug           Cam Front Yard
   Security Camera Debug           Camera List Build Complete
   Security Camera Debug           Start Variable setup
   Security Camera Error           Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 485, in runConcurrentThread
KeyError: 'key ImageAveDiff not found in dict'

I think this is exactly the same error as in the previous version. Does "Master Camera image not found" mean it can't get a pic from the camera?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:49 am
bkmar1192 offline

Security Camera Plugin

Error is different. You are now getting past the previous issue. I just posted a 1.3.10 with a fix.

It looks like my github is out of sync with what I am running (I am new to github so this is very possible). If this version doesn't work I'll need to do a full regression test tonight and repost.

Posted on
Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:00 am

No errors! Also I see the attempt to get an image using the camera URL. Fingers crossed!

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:46 am

So, I got it working with 2 cameras. I can confirm the Foscam C2 works.

However, something is happening with CPU usage that my system can't tolerate. It may only be in part this plugin, but with it enabled my entire system suddenly pegs at full utilization and when I turn it off, things settle down.

Could just be that my machine is too old to run all this and the backend ImageMagick and such.

Posted on
Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:04 pm
bkmar1192 offline

Yea!

Are you by chance running Airfoil? I discovered an issue with Airfoil and how it interacts with ImageMagick. Working on a possible solution to that issue but not having a lot of luck yet.

Posted on
Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:05 pm

No Airfoil but AirPlay and iTunes on the same Indigo box.

I noticed EPS Device Extensions plugin was also using a lot of CPU at one point before I disabled it. re-enabled and it was ok.

Posted on
Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:17 am
MarcoGT offline

bkmar1192 wrote:
It was originally written for 6 so should work fine (I have since moved to 7 and works there too). I actually developed it for a replacement for EvoCam. I was tired of EvoCam taking huge CPU cycles and I am too cheap to buy SecuritySpy.

Thanks a lot
I do not see any CPU problem with Evocam, but project is now abandonware... :(
I will give a try to this plugin.
I have a Foscam and I will buy a D-Link 932L (or 942, let'see).

Last question: in my Evocam setup, when the 'Away' mode is set, I will take a picture of the area every 30s and I will upload it to my NAS, will it work with the plugin?

Posted on
Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:12 pm

Just want to reconfirm that enabling this plugin on my old Mini drives it completely to its knees, to the point that Activity Monitor can't even refresh itself. Indigo jumps from <15% to 85%+ and I had to force quit it to regain my ability to interact with the computer.

Seems like SC spawns a lot of processes called "convert" and those provide a death of a thousand cuts. Oddly after disabling the plugin and restarting, I still saw this:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-12-21 at 2.26.54 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-12-21 at 2.26.54 PM.png (128.13 KiB) Viewed 4498 times

Posted on
Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:00 pm
bkmar1192 offline

MarcoGT wrote:
bkmar1192 wrote:

Thanks a lot
I do not see any CPU problem with Evocam, but project is now abandonware... :(
I will give a try to this plugin.
I have a Foscam and I will buy a D-Link 932L (or 942, let'see).

Last question: in my Evocam setup, when the 'Away' mode is set, I will take a picture of the area every 30s and I will upload it to my NAS, will it work with the plugin?

There is an action called Snapshot that will take a single picture and save it to the Snapshot folder - defined in the plugin configuration. You could either save it directly to your NAS or create another script to copy it over.

Please Note - It will only keep a history of 5 snapshots so if you want a complete history you would need to do some other scripting.

Posted on
Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:08 pm
bkmar1192 offline

Different Computers wrote:
Just want to reconfirm that enabling this plugin on my old Mini drives it completely to its knees, to the point that Activity Monitor can't even refresh itself. Indigo jumps from <15% to 85%+ and I had to force quit it to regain my ability to interact with the computer.

Seems like SC spawns a lot of processes called "convert" and those provide a death of a thousand cuts. Oddly after disabling the plugin and restarting, I still saw this:

That is strange- the convert is ImageMagick doing its thing. However, it looks like it is running several processes and it should only be running one per camera at a time.

Did the converts eventually clear out? I am wondering if those got hung up when you were having the other issues. Maybe a restart on Indigo Server?

I'll also take a closer look tonight and see if I can replicate the issue.

Posted on
Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:28 pm

That screenshot was taken almost immediately AFTER a complete system reboot.

Posted on
Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:04 am
johnpolasek offline

Did I mangle something in the install? When I try and start the plugin, I get:

Dec 22, 2016, 6:57:42 AM
    Enabling plugin "Security Camera 1.3.9"
    Starting plugin "Security Camera 1.3.9" (pid 27655)
    Started plugin "Security Camera 1.3.9"
    Security Camera Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Security Camera Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)
    Security Camera Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Security Camera Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)
    Disabling plugin "Security Camera 1.3.9"
    Stopping plugin "Security Camera 1.3.9" (pid 27655)
    Stopped plugin "Security Camera 1.3.9"

I did install Post and Imagemagic, changing the directory to Indigo 7 instead of Indigo 6, since that's what I'm running.

Posted on
Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:46 am
bkmar1192 offline

Download and upgrade to 1.3.10. I am working on a version with auto update but don't have it ready yet.

-Bert

Posted on
Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:09 am

This morning's experiment. Before and after enabling Security Camera plugin.
Screen Shot 2016-12-22 at 10.02.44 AM.png
Before
Screen Shot 2016-12-22 at 10.02.44 AM.png (20.07 KiB) Viewed 4467 times

Screen Shot 2016-12-22 at 10.05.12 AM.png
After.
Screen Shot 2016-12-22 at 10.05.12 AM.png (22.46 KiB) Viewed 4467 times

Things were slightly better behaved, probably because I only let it run a minute or so. Better in that I was able to select and disable the plugin from inside Indigo, rather than having to force quit Indigo.