Posted on
Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:00 am
bkmar1192 offline

Security Camera Plugin

Security Camera for Indigo:

https://github.com/bkmar1192/SecurityCamera

This plugin is designed to be used for security cameras that provide
access to a refreshing image file. Although it was designed with Security
Cameras in mind it should work with any refreshing image file.

Each camera defined as a separate device
      Carousel that loops through all defined cameras
      Action to switch cameras to a primary image
      Action to record 20 second video
      Action to replay video
      Motion detection
Last edited by bkmar1192 on Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:58 am, edited 7 times in total.

Posted on
Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:54 am
jalves offline

Re: Security Camera Plugin - Beta

This sounds awesome. I've looked at the read me file and it appears to have the same info as you posted here. Can you tell us which cameras you know will work with this plugin. I've got an assortment of Foscam cameras and a couple of Amcrest cams.

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:24 am
bkmar1192 offline

I am using a generic web cam (came with my Vera), D-Link, and Tenvis.

Generic camera: http://username:password@ipaddddress/snapshot.cgi
D-Link: http://user:password@ipaddddress/image.jpg
Tenvis: http://user:password@ipaddress:7777/snapshot.cgi

The "Fetching JPG snapshots by URL parameters" from the this link might help with the Foscam camera: http://foscam.us/forum/how-to-fetch-sna ... t4328.html

The plugin right now is designed for the address style above (username:password@address) so for the Foscam you would just put the entire URL in the address field and leave the user name/password field on the device set up blank. Something like this:

http://ip address:port/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture2&usr=admin&pwd=xxx

Please let me know if this works for your cameras - I'll start compiling a list of cameras that work.

Posted on
Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:52 am
jalves offline

Thanks for this info. I'll test it on my cameras when I get some free time (probably not until later in the week) and let you know the results. Hoping that others will also do this so we can get a good list established.

I'm hoping to buy some new cameras and to move away from Security Spy. It looks like this plugin will go along way towards that goal.

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:13 am
bkmar1192 offline

I have a new release that I will post tonight so if you have already downloaded you might want to download it again. I am working on performance improvements and this most recent version has about a 20% improvement over the previous version.

A couple other notes: if you go here: http://www.ispyconnect.com/sources.aspx it has a huge list of cameras and their connection URL. Anything that has a type of JPEG should work with this plugin.

I'm going to try to add support for local and FTP files as well. So if your camera doesn't support JPEG snap shot but could download images either locally or to an FTP site then it should still work.

I'll be adding a future feature list on here shortly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:56 pm
blysik offline

Works with my LTS camera. I sent you a PR with an update to the README.md.

Great work!

Posted on
Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:44 pm
whmoorejr offline

Re: Security Camera Plugin

I'm not having much luck at all.

1) Installed xcode
2) Installed home-brew
3) Installed image magick
4) Installed plugin.

The plugin is installing subfolders and alias files into the video folder under IWS folder. (FYI, the default on the setup is Indigo 6)

I'm guessing that the camera is not being recognized or something? Maybe I have the setting wrong? Following your guidance, I used the URL for the JPG image.

10.0.6.133:8063/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture2&usr=admin&pwd=password

I left user and password field blank since it is already in the URL and not at the front end of the URL for my camera.

Any assistance on this would be great.

Bill
My Plugin: My People

Posted on
Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:34 pm
ckeyes888 offline

Love to try this out but 3 of 4 of my cams use preset positions which I use a lot.
Any chance of presets being supported?

Thanks,

Carl

Posted on
Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:47 am
bkmar1192 offline

whmoorejr wrote:

1) Installed xcode
2) Installed home-brew
4) Installed plugin.

The plugin is installing subfolders and alias files into the video folder under IWS folder. (FYI, the default on the setup is Indigo 6)

I'm guessing that the camera is not being recognized or something? Maybe I have the setting wrong? Following your guidance, I used the URL for the JPG image.

I left user and password field blank since it is already in the URL and not at the front end of the URL for my camera.

Try putting the URL directly into a browser and see if it pulls up an image. You can also try entering the following command into a terminal: /usr/local/bin/convert -version. This will test whether imagemagick is installed and in the default directory.

Last edited by bkmar1192 on Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:04 am
bkmar1192 offline

ckeyes888 wrote:
Love to try this out but 3 of 4 of my cams use preset positions which I use a lot.
Any chance of presets being supported?

Thanks,

Carl

When you say preset are you referring to PTZ presets? The plugin is just pulling from the web Url of the camera so adding PTZ would add some complexity to the plugin that I wasn't planning implement any time soon. If you can send me information on your camera I'll take a look though.

Posted on
Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:05 am
bkmar1192 offline

whmoorejr wrote:

1) Installed xcode
2) Installed home-brew
4) Installed plugin.

One other thing - can you send me the details on the camera you are using?

Posted on
Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:17 am
whmoorejr offline

Foscam :9803EP , 9853EP, C1 , C2 , R2

Bill
My Plugin: My People

Posted on
Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:26 am
bkmar1192 offline

whmoorejr wrote:
Foscam :9803EP , 9853EP, C1 , C2 , R2

Try the following URL - I had the same thing with Amcrest camera (which are basically the same as Foscam) - had to put the user name/password in at the beginning and at the end.

http://username:password@192.168.1.20/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture2&usr=username&pwd=password&

Try this in your browser first and you should get a single, static picture.

-Bert

Posted on
Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:21 am
ckeyes888 offline

I use Alexis AH9013BW IP Network Cameras and an older Wireless IP Foscam with PT.
In Security Spy the Foscam uses it's generic Foscam PTZ setup. The Apexis has its own setup.

Appreciate your looking into it but realize it's likely a can of worms to support presets
on so many different cameras.

Thanks,

Carl

Posted on
Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:10 pm
bkmar1192 offline

ckeyes888 wrote:
I use Alexis AH9013BW IP Network Cameras and an older Wireless IP Foscam with PT.
In Security Spy the Foscam uses it's generic Foscam PTZ setup. The Apexis has its own setup.

Appreciate your looking into it but realize it's likely a can of worms to support presets
on so many different cameras.

Thanks,

Carl

Looks like with the Foscam at least you can do most anything through cgi commands. See this link:

https://github.com/openhab/openhab/wiki ... IP-Cameras

I think what I'll do is add a "Send Command to Camera" action. The action will take a parameter that will accept any URL and just execute the URL. This will provide the most flexibility without having to add camera specific actions.

I'll add that to the release roadmap.