Can not find thermostat

Posted on
Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:57 pm
ParMan offline

Can not find thermostat

Hi,
I have installed your plugin in a demo install of Indigo 7.2, and the plugin does not seem to be able to find the thermostat.
The interface with the AC and thermostat works fine and so does app access.
Any idea why the plugin is unhappy?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

This is the log entries from restart of plugin:

Enabling plugin "Honeywell Total Connect Comfort Thermostat 0.1.10"
Starting plugin "Honeywell Total Connect Comfort Thermostat 0.1.10" (pid 57210)
Honeywell Total Connect Comfort Thermostat MrSlim Plugin Init...
Started plugin "Honeywell Total Connect Comfort Thermostat 0.1.10"
Honeywell Total Connect Comfort Thermostat Number of thermostats found: 0
Honeywell Total Connect Comfort Thermostat the version of the plugin is up to date; version on server:0.1.10
Honeywell Total Connect Comfort Thermostat Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 295, in runConcurrentThread
File "plugin.py", line 85, in _refreshStatesFromHardware
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.2/Plugins/MrSlim.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/MrSlim.py", line 373, in GetThermostat
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.2/Plugins/MrSlim.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/MrSlim.py", line 180, in parseThermostat
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getchildren'

Honeywell Total Connect Comfort Thermostat Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)
Honeywell Total Connect Comfort Thermostat Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Posted on
Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:44 pm
ParMan offline

Re: Can not find thermostat

I just remembered a possible issue.
When I first set up the thermostat I created a location without a thermostat, and I'm still waiting to hear back from support how to remove that empty location. My account has two locations with the same name. Could that be the problem?

Posted on
Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:09 pm
ParMan offline

Re: Can not find thermostat

I'm back again!
original problem solved - the duplicate location seemed to have caused the issue.
It's now working but with two issues, and connection seems to be unstable as the plugin reports
1. The plugin claims that it does not support auto mode. The thermostat does though?
2. With the thermostat I have not been able to run the unit in true auto. As soon as the thermostat is switched to on/cool/heat/auto, the fan will always run!
I was hoping to be able to control this better with the plugin, but so for I do not see any way of doing that, unless it requires setting up a script of some kind.The options panel in Indigo show fan 0, even though the fan is running.

any ideas?

Page 1 of 1